Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2022 | FACULTY TICK
📅 Date of Advertisement:
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Jawaharlal Nehru University is the foremost university in India, and a world-renowned centre for teaching and research. Ranked number one in India by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with a Grade Point of 3.91 (on a scale of 4), JNU was ranked no 3 among all universities in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, Government of India, in 2016 and no 2 in 2017. JNU also received the Best University Award from the President of India in 2017.Still a young university, established by an act of Parliament in 1966, the strength, energy, and reputation of Jawaharlal Nehru University result from the vision that ideas are a field for adventure, experimentation and unceasing quest, and that diversity of opinions are the basis for intellectual exploration. JNU is the place for the intellectually restless, the insatiably curious, and the mentally rigorous, giving them the space to grow amidst the calmness of an oasis, a green lung within the hustle and bustle and the crowds of the capital city of India.Jawaharlal Nehru University has collaborated with universities across the world in research projects, conferences, and publications. It has many active MoUs with international and national universities and exvhanges faculty and students with them regularly. We also host the Indian segment of some international degree programmes.
Jawaharlal Nehru University New Delhi has openings for faculty positions for Indian Nationals & Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) at the level of Associate Professor
The JNU has openings for faculty positions for Indian Nationals & Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) at the level of Associate Professor in the areas of specialization as indicated against each respective position. Applicants with good academic record, teaching/research experience and working in related areas of research are encouraged to apply. University also solicits applications from candidates with research interests that are interdisciplinary.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- SCHOOL OF ARTS & AESTHETICS (SAA)
- SCHOOL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY (SBT)
- SCHOOL OF COMPUTATIONAL & INTEGRATIVE SCIENCES (SC&IS)
- SCHOOL OF COMPUTER & SYSTEMS SCIENCES (SC&SS)
- SCHOOL OF ENGINEERING (SE)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- SCHOOL OF ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES (SES)
- Environmental and Atmospheric processes
- Mineral Exploration and Ore Geology
- SCHOOL OF LIFE SCIENCES (SLS)
- Organismal and Evolutionary Biology
- Plant Physiology
- Genome Biology
- Biostatistics/Bioinformatics/Mathematical / Biology
- Animal Genetics
- Plant Genetics
- Human Genomics
- SCHOOL OF PHYSICAL SCIENCES (SPS)
- SCHOOL OF SANSKRIT AND INDIC STUDIES (SSIS)
- CENTRE FOR STUDY OF LAW & GOVERNANCE (CSLG)
- SPECIAL CENTRE FOR MOLECULAR MEDICINE (SCMM)
- SPECIAL CENTRE FOR NANO SCIENCES (SCNS)
- SCHOOL OF INTERNATIONAL STUDIES
- CENTRE FOR AFRICAN STUDIES (CAS)
- CENTRE FOR CANADIAN, US & LATIN AMERICAN STUDIES (CCUS&LAS)
- CENTRE FOR COMPARATIVE POLITICS & POLITICAL THEORY (CCPPT)
- CENTRE FOR EAST ASIAN STUDIES (CEAS)
- CENTRE FOR EUROPEAN STUDIES (CES)
- CENTRE FOR INDOPACIFIC STUDIES (CIPS)
- CENTRE FOR INNER ASIAN STUDIES (CIAS)
- CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL LEGAL STUDIES (CILS)
- CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL POLITICS, ORGANISATION AND DISARMAMENT (CIPOD)
- CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL TRADE & DEVELOPMENT (CITD)
- CENTRE FOR RUSSIAN & CENTRAL ASIAN STUDIES (CR&CAS)
- CENTRE FOR SOUTH ASIAN STUDIES (CSAS)
- SCHOOL OF LANGUAGE, LITERATURE & CULTURE STUDIES
- CENTRE OF ARABIC AND AFRICAN STUDIES (CAAS)
- CENTRE FOR CHINESE AND SOUTH EAST ASIAN STUDIES (CCSEAS)
- CENTRE FOR ENGLISH STUDIES (CES)
- CENTRE FOR FRENCH & FRANCOPHONE STUDIES (CFFS)
- CENTRE OF GERMAN STUDIES (CGS)
- CENTRE FOR INDIAN LANGUAGES (CIL)
- CENTRE FOR JAPANESE STUDIES (CJS)
- CENTRE FOR KOREAN STUDIES (CKS)
- CENTRE FOR LINGUISTICS (CL)
- LINGUISTIC EMPOWERMENT CELL (LEC)
- SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- CENTRE FOR ECONOMIC STUDIES AND PLANNING (CESP)
- CENTRE FOR HISTORICAL STUDIES (CHS)
- CENTRE FOR PHILOSOPHY (CP)
- CENTRE FOR POLITICAL STUDIES (CPS)
- CENTRE FOR SOCIAL MEDICINE AND COMMUNITY HEALTH (CSMCH)
- CENTRE FOR STUDIES IN SCIENCE POLICY (CSSP)
- CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CSRD)
- CENTRE FOR THE STUDY OF SOCIAL SYSTEMS (CSSS)
- CENTRE FOR WOMEN’S STUDIES (CWS)
- ZAKIR HUSAIN CENTRE FOR EDUCATIONAL STUDIES (ZHCES)
- GROUP OF ADULT EDUCATION (GAE)
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
The essential qualifications/Pay Level for these positions will be as per the UGC Regulations, 2018.
(i) A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines.
(ii) A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system isfollowed).
(iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2, of UGC Regulations, 2018.
(i) A minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) at the Master‘s level shall be the essential qualification for direct recruitment of teachers and other equivalent cadres at any level.
(ii) A relaxation of 5% shall be allowed at the Bachelor’s as well as at the Master‘s level for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Other Backward Classes (OBC) (Non-creamy Layer)/Differently abled ((a) Blindness and low vision; (b) Deaf and Hard of Hearing; (c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid-attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; (e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness) for the purpose of eligibility and assessing good academic record for direct recruitment. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based only on the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedure.
(iii) A relaxation of 5% shall be provided, (from 55% to 50% of the marks) to the Ph.D. Degree holders who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19 September, 1991,
(iv) A relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 55%, wherever the grading system is followed by a recognized university, at the Master’s level shall also be considered valid.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
SCALE OF PAY: (Level-13A) Rs. 1,31,400/-2,17,100/-
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
The eligible and interested persons are required to apply online in the format available on the University website https://www.jnu.ac.in/career under ‘Teaching’ tab. Only online applications will be accepted.
The advertisement and online application form shall be uploaded on the JNU website and the last date for submission of applications completed in all respects, shall be 30 August, 2022 (5.30 PM)
Advertisement related matters – 011-26704052 or firstname.lastname@example.org Technical Assistance related with Online Application – 011-26704094.
Finding the Latest Academic and Non Academic Jobs for your career.
Academic Jobs aspirants get latest Government Job updates from Central Government, State Government and Private Institutions Job Updates Notification.
facultytick.com Here you can search and apply for latest Teaching and Non Teaching Jobs in India.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date for receiving applications is On or Before 30 August, 2022 (5.30 PM)
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
Looking for the most up-to-date Teaching Faculty and Non Teaching Job vacancies in INDIA
List of Teaching and Non Teaching career options in India. The job opportunities sections of newspapers and employment websites advertise thousands of positions all over INDIA.
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Jawaharlal Nehru University invites applications from eligible candidates for the Teaching Faculty positions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching Faculty Jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Non Teaching Positions Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, Join our mailing list to stay in the loop to stay informed, for free.
Disclaimer: Faculty Tick tries to keep the information on its website accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee that information may always be up-to date. But We try to ensure that the information we post on facultytick.com is accurate.
If you see something on the website that needs correction or updation in webpage, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
🔖 Post Expires on 30th August 2022