Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2022 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 12-01-2022
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indian Institute of Technology Jammu At IIT Jammu, we believe that every student needs to garner knowledge in multiple spheres which will give them an edge in the tough and competitive arena of Life. Academic Flexibility, Focus on Hands-on Learning, Varied Pedagogy, Mandatory Industrial Interface & Transparent Continuous Evaluation System are the hallmarks of the Academic Process at IIT. Students are encouraged to break the mould and go beyond their disciplines, inter-disciplinary courses are highly encouraged. Students are provided the flexibility to go beyond the traditional course requirements and choose courses based on their interest and career choice. There is a strong focus on Laboratory & Project based learning
IIT Jammu invites applications from energetic meritorious qualified Indian Nationals, Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and Foreign Nationals having passion for teaching and research for the following faculty positions at the level of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor and Visiting Professor (contract and deputation) / Retired Professors (on contract), for its various academic programs in different disciplines.
This is a rolling advertisement and there is no last date. Usually all the applications will be processed as soon as they are submitted at the portal.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Visiting Professor (contract or on deputation)/ Retired Professors (on contract) from CFTIs
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- CHEMICAL ENGG.: All areas of Chemical Engineering.
- CHEMISTRY: Physical and Materials Chemistry and related areas.
- CIVIL ENGG.: Environmental: Water and Waste Water Engg., Air Pollution Control Engg., Solid and Hazardous Waste Engg., Geotechnical: Geotechnical Engg., Rock Machanics, Rock Engg., Geomatics, Engineering Geology Structures: Structural Engg., Construction Materials, Construction Management, Transportation: Transportation and Traffic Planning, Transportation and Traffic Engg., Pavement Engg., Water Resources: Water Resources Engg. and Related Areas. Construction Management.
- COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGG.: High Performance Computing and Visualization, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Computing and Machine-to-Machine(IOT), Algorithms & Complexity, Logic & Verification, Information Management, Data Science & Big Data, Computer Vision, Graphics & Robotics, Programming Languages, Semantics, Analysis & Language Implementation,
Distributed & Multicore Computing, Operating Systems and Cloud Computing, Cryptography and Systems Information Security, Human Computer Interaction, Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, VLSI and Design Automation. Theoretical Computer Science.
- ELECTRICAL ENGG.: Control & Automation, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Machines & Drives, High Voltage Engeering, VLSI Designs, Embedded systems
- HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES: Economics, Linguistics, Psychology, Sociology.
- MATERIAL SCIENCE & ENGG.: All current and emerging areas of Materials Engineering.
- MATHEMATICS: All areas of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, Probability and Statistics.
- MECHANICAL ENGG.: Mechanical Design, Production Engg., Industrial Engg. & Thermal Engg. Design Engineering, Solid Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics and interdisciplinary areas of Mechanics including but not restricted to Biomechanics, Multifunctional materials, Solid – Fluid interaction.
- PHYSICS: All Areas of Physics.
- BIOSCIENCES AND BIOENGINEERING:(1) Tissue Engineering, biomaterials, and regenerative medicine (Experiment) (2) Drug delivery and drug design (computation and/or experiment) (3) High altitude biology (Experiment) (4) Genetics with experience in Next Generation Sequencing (Experiments) (5) Industrial and clinical microbiology (Experiment).
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
• Professor: Minimum 10 years Teaching/Research/Industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs or in similar institutes of national importance or at an equivalent level in any other Indian or
foreign institutions /institutions of comparable standards.
• Associate Professor: A minimum of 6 years Teaching/Industry/Research experience, of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor (Senior Scientific Officer/Senior Design Engineer).
• Assistant Professor: At least 3 years relevant industrial/research/teaching experience, excluding however, the experience gained while pursing Ph.D. Exceptional candidates having Post PhD experience less than 3 years shall be considered for a faculty position . Candidates preferably should be below 35 years of age.
• Visiting Professor/ Retired Professors (on contract): Retired Professors from CFTI may also apply. IIT Jammu shall be able to provide the best possible remunerations and support for such faculty members as per the regulations of the Institute.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Professor Rs.1,59,100 – 2,20,200/- (minimum pay of Rs.1,59,100/-) in Academic Level 14A
- Associate Professor Minimum Basic Pay: Rs.139600/- (Academic Pay Level 13A2 and Cell 1 of the Pay Matrix of 7th Pay Commission) per month
- Assistant Professor Minimum Basic Pay Rs. 70900 to Rs.101500/- (Academic Pay Level 10-12 of the Pay matrix of 7th Pay Commission) per month
💺 JOB LOCATION
Jammu, Jammu and Kashmir
📝 HOW TO APPLY
The application will only be received through the online portal https://apply.iitjammu.ac.in
No hardcopy or email of the submission shall be required.
For any queries regarding Online submission, please write to: email@example.com
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
This is a rolling advertisement and there is no last date
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Indian Institute of Technology Jammu IIT Jammu invites online applications for the following Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor Positions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Post expires on Saturday December 31st, 2022