Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 30-12-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, fondly referred to as IITKGP by its kin, right from its inception formed the bridge between Indias ancient wisdom and modern technology. IIT Kharagpur started its journey in the old Hijli Detention Camp where some of our great freedom fighters toiled and sacrificed their lives for the independence of our country. The history of IIT Kharagpur is thus intimately linked with the history of the Hijli Detention Camp. This is possibly one of the very few Institutions all over the world which started life in a prison house.There were 224 freshers and 42 teachers in August 1951 when the first session started. The class rooms, laboratories and the Administrative office were housed in the historic building of the Hijli Detention Camp. The Institute started its academic programme with only ten Departments. IIT Kharagpur has been engaged in a steady process of development with about 18 academic departments, five centres of excellence. the vast tree-laden campus, spreading over 2100 acres has a self contained township of over 15,000 inhabitants. Currently we have about 550 faculty, 1700 employees and 9000 students on the campus.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, an Institute of Eminence (loE), is the first and the largest in the chain of IITs engaged in teaching, research and development requires faculty for its various academic units. The Institute invites online applications from Indian nationals, Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) and/or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) , possessing excellent academic background, commitment to top quality teaching and proven credentials for carrying out outstanding research and development for various Departments / Centres / Schools / Academy : [*] Foreign Nationals (other than OCIs and PIOs) are encouraged to apply for faculty positions for fixed tenure not exceeding five years on contract basis subject to clearance from Government of India (Gol).
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
🎯 DEPARTMENT / SPECIALIZATION
FACULTY OF BIO-TECHNOLOGY AND BIO-SCIENCES
1) Department of Biotechnology
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND ARCHITECTURE
Mechanical Sciences Division;
1) Department of Aerospace Engineering
2) Department of Agricultural and Food Engineering
3) Department of Civil Engineering
4) Department of Mechanical Engineering
5) Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
6) Department of Mining Engineering
7) Department of Ocean Engineering & Naval Architecture
8) School of Water Resources
Electrical & Computer Science Division;
1) Department of Electrical Engineering
2) Department of Electronics & Electrical Communication Engineering
3) Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Chemical Sciences Division;
1) Department of Chemical Engineering
Architecture, Design & Planning Division:
1) Department of Architecture & Regional Planning
FACULTY OF SCIENCES
1) Department of Physics
2) Department of Chemistry
3) Department of Mathematics
4) Department of Geology & Geophysics
5) Centre for Oceans, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences
FACULTY of HUMANITIES, SOCIAL& ECONOMIC SCIENCES
1) Department of Humanities & Social Sciences
2) Centre for Rural Development and Innovative Sustainable Technology
FACULTY OF INTERDISCIPLINARY SCIENCE & ENGINEERING
1) Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering
2) Materials Science Centre
3) Centre of Excellence on Safety Engineering & Analytics (COE-SEA)
4) Centre of Excellence for Indian Knowledge System
SCHOOL OF LAW
1) Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law
SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT
1) Vinod Gupta School of Management
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Posts: Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor
Qualifications for the Post: Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout.
A minimum of 10 years’ teaching / research / industrial experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign Institution(s) of comparable standards.
A minimum of 6 years teaching / research / industrial experience, of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in IITs, IISc Bangalore, IIMs, NITIE Mumbai and IISERs or in any such other Indian or foreign Institution(s) of comparable standards.
Assistant Professor Grade I
At least 3 years teaching / research / industrial experience, excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
Assistant Professor Grade II
• Candidates with less than 3 years experience may be appointed on contractual basis as Assistant Professor Grade II.
• At the entry level they may be placed in Level 10 of Pay Matrix with basic pay of Rs. 70,900 or Rs. 84,800 in Level 11 of Pay Matrix depending upon the experience and shall move to level 12 of Pay Matrix with a minimum basic pay of Rs. 1,01,500 on completion of 3 years of requisite experience and on assessment of satisfactory performance.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Professor Level-14A Pay Matrix: Rs. 159100-220200/-
- Associate Professor Level-13A2 Pay Matrix: Rs. 139600-211300/-
- Assistant Professor Grade I Level-12 Pay Matrix: Rs. 101500-167400/-
💺 JOB LOCATION
Kharagpur, West Bengal
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Candidates possessing requisite qualification & experience are required to apply online ONLY https://erp.iitkgp.ac.in/Jobs/auth/facapps.htm on or before 31-01-2022. Hardcopy of the application is not required. Candidates are requested to upload PDF files of an degree certificates/testimonials/caste certificate/age proof certificate etc. as file attachment at an appropriate place.
For any other details please contact Deputy Registrar, E-III, Phone: +913222- 282135/282137, Fax: +913222-282020, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
If any technical problem encountered with online application, please contact through phone: +91-3222-281017/18/19.
Candidates may also contact the Heads of the various Departments / Centres / Schools. Their address, phone numbers and email are available on Institute webpage.
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Online applications are invited from excellent academic record and relevant work experience for recruitment to the Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor post
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date is for Application 31-01-2022
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Online applications are invited from excellent academic record and relevant work experience for recruitment to the Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor post (Click Here)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Post expires on Monday January 31st, 2022