Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 04-12-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI), a unique institution devoted to research and teaching, and the applications of Statistics in the Natural and Social Sciences. Founded by Professor P.C. Mahalanobis in Kolkata on 17th December, 1931, the institute gained the status of an Institution of National Importance by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1959. The Headquarters of ISI is located in Kolkata and additionally, there are four centres located in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai and Tezpur. Indian Statistical Institute offers several under-graduate, post-graduate and doctoral degree programmes. The bachelor’s and master’s programmes in Statistics, popularly known as B.Stat. and M.Stat., are flagship programmes of the institute which are internationally acclaimed.
Further details about N-E Center of the Institute, its scientific units, faculty profiles, academic programs, and areas
of research, general administration are available at www.isine.ac.in.
Indian Statistical Institute invites applications from duly qualified for full-time faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professors and Associate Professor, to be placed at the R. C. Bose Centre for Cryptology and Security of the Institute, in Kolkata. Duties include undergraduate and post-graduate teaching, independent research, consultancy/sponsored research, research supervision, and participation in institutional activities
Vacancies: For 2022, four (4) vacancies are available for Assistant Professors and above, out of which one (1) position is reserved for SC category. Number of vacancies may change based on the requirements at the time of the recruitment. The Institute reserves the right not to fill all the vacancies.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor
- Associate Professor
R. C. Bose Centre for Cryptology and Security of the Institute, in Kolkata
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
• Should have at least 3 years of post-Ph.D. research/teaching/industrial experience.
• Should have demonstrated research potential in terms of publications in top-tier journals and top-notch conferences.
• Candidates with a strong research background in Cryptology and Security (preferably in Cybersecurity or IoT). One should have a PhD in Computer Science or allied disciplines, with a strong doctoral thesis in the broad area of Cryptology and Security, with first class or equivalent in appropriate disciplines in the preceding degrees, to be considered for theaforesaid positions. One should also have very strong academic credentials and an established research record, supported by high-quality publications in top-tier journals and conferences of cryptology and security. Services to the Govt. of India, in terms of research projects, consultancy activities, and teaching/training experience, will be considered as desirable qualification.
• Candidates having less than 3 years of post-Ph.D. research/teaching/industrial experience may be considered for Assistant Professor (Grade II) position
• Should have at least 6 years of post-Ph.D. research/teaching/industrial experience of which at least three (3) years should be at the level of Assistant Professor or equivalent.
• Should have demonstrated adequate experience of independent research in terms of publications in toptier journals and conferences in cryptology and security (mentioned above), patents, sponsored projects/consultancy, and other professional activities relevant to his/her previous position(s).
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Assistant Professor Level 12 (After completion of three years in service in Level 12, the pay will be fixed at Level 13A1)
- Associate Professor Pay level 13A1
💺 JOB LOCATION
Kolkata, West Bengal
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must apply with a forwarding letter addressed to the Head, R. C. Bose Centre for Cryptology and Security, Indian Statistical Institute referring to the advertisement number and its date of publication.
The following documents are required (in PDF format).
- Filled in Application Form in the proforma available at the end of this advertisement
- Curriculum Vitae that clearly mentions the marks/grades/dissertations/honors at all academic levels (Grade 10, Grade 12, Bachelors, Masters, PhD), as applicable, and includes a complete list of peer-reviewed journal and conference publications in cryptology and security with a list of all publications
- Proposed research plan
- Proposed teaching plan at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels
- Caste and/or Disability Certificate from the competent authority, as applicable
- Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish
- Reprints of up to five important publications
The Curriculum Vitae, as mentioned, should be sent to “Head, R. C. Bose Centre for Cryptology and Security, Indian Statistical Institute” at firstname.lastname@example.org, as a single PDF file
The last date of application is 31st January 2022. The recruitment committee will meet regularly to consider the applications and arrange for seminars and/or interviews as the need arises.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date of application is 31st January 2022.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91 33 2575-2001
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Indian Statistical Institute invites applications from eligible candidates for the Teaching Faculty positions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Post expires on Monday January 31st, 2022