Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
RESEARCH FELLOW RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 06-11-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata (IISER Kolkata) was established in 2006 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. IISER Kolkata is designed to reach the prestigious position in the global setting that IISc, IIMs and IITs presently enjoy. IISER Kolkata is an autonomous institution awarding its own degrees. The central theme of the IISER Kolkata is to integrate education with research so that undergraduate teaching as well as doctoral and postdoctoral research work could be carried out in symbiosis.
One position for junior research fellow (JRF) is available in the research group of Prof. Amlan K. Roy, Professor, Dept. of Chemical Sciences, IISER Kolkata. The research work involves knowledge in Quantum Chemistry and/or Quantum Physics and the use of computer programming.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Junior Research Fellow (JRF)
🎯 TITLE OF THE PROJECT
- Design of appropriate DFT method to mimic pressure effect on atoms and molecules confined in various environment
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
- Basic Eligibility Criteria: Highly motivated candidates interested in Theoretical Chemistry/physics, with M.Sc. in Chemistry or Physics (minimum 55% marks in M.Sc).
Candidates should have a strong theoretical background (with knowledge on quantum mechanics/chemistry) and would be expected to carry out theoretical development on Density Functional Theory (DFT).
- Additional experience (desirable): Preference will be given to NET/GATE qualified candidates. Exposure to Linux and computer programming will also be helpful. Candidates with previous working experience in confined systems and Density functional Theory will be given preference. Experience in code development will also be beneficial.
🏆 PAY SCALE / REMUNERATION / SALARY / EMOLUMENT
- As per DST/SERB rules.
Kolkata, West Bengal
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates may apply with their CV and a cover letter to Prof. A. K. Roy by email : email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Details of research work can be found at the following link: https://www.iiserkol.ac.in/~theochem/
Last date for receiving applications: 2 weeks from the date of advertisement.
- Interview: Short-listed applicants may be invited (via email) for an oral interview at IISER Kolkata. Or depending upon the situation, an online interview may be conducted.
- Conditions: No TA / DA will be provided to the candidate for the interview. The decision of the selection committee will be final.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last Date for Application submission is 16/11/2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
Indian Institute of Science Education And Research Kolkata
Mohanpur, Nadia – 741 246
Kolkata, West Bengal, INDIA
📜 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Indian Institute of Science Education And Research Kolkata invites applications from eligible candidates for the Junior Research Fellow (JRF) positions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Post expires on Tuesday November 16th, 2021