Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 18-10-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi is one of the 23 IITs created to be Centres of Excellence for training, research and development in science, engineering and technology in India. Established as College of Engineering in 1961, the Institute was later declared as an Institution of National Importance under the “Institutes of Technology (Amendment) Act, 1963” and was renamed as “Indian Institute of Technology Delhi”. It was then accorded the status of a Deemed University with powers to decide its own academic policy, to conduct its own examinations, and to award its own degrees. Since its inception, over 48000 have graduated from IIT Delhi in various disciplines including Engineering, Physical Sciences, Management and Humanities & Social Sciences. Of these, nearly 5070 received Ph.D. degrees. The number of students who graduated with B.Tech. degree is over 15738. The rest obtained Master’s Degree in Engineering, Sciences and Business Administration. These alumni today work as scientists, technologists, business managers and entrepreneurs. There are several alumni who have moved away from their original disciplines and have taken to administrative services, active politics or are with NGOs. In doing so, they have contributed significantly to building of this nation, and to industrialization around the world.
IIT DelhIIT Delhi invites applications from exceptionally bright and motivated persons, belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PwD/EWS category and who possess an established record of independent and high quality research, and are committed to teaching and research, for faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor in its various academic Departments, Centres and Schools and System Architect in Computer Services Centre
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor (Grade I)
- System Architect
🎯 DEPARTMENT / SPECIALIZATION
- APPLIED MECHANICS: Solid mechanics, Fluid mechanics, Design engineering and interdisciplinary areas of mechanics including but not restricted to Biomechanics, Nanomechanics, Multifunctional materials and structures, Structural health monitoring, Soft robotics, Machine learning in mechanics, Twophase flows, Environmental fluid flows, Granular flows, Solid-fluid interactions, Naval Architecture, etc.
- BIOCHEMICAL ENGG. & BIOTECHNOLOGY: DBEB is an interdisciplinary department open to both scientists (biologists, chemists, physicists) and engineers (chemical, biochemical). We are particularly interested in candidates engaged in the rational development of processes for production of biochemicals using microbial, mammalian and plant cell cultures. We are equally interested in candidates involved in the development of enabling tools or technologies for the above processes such as metabolic engineering, synthetic biology, computational biology and systems biology.
- CHEMICAL ENGG: All areas of Chemical Engineering, the candidate should have undergraduate education in chemical or allied engineering disciplines.
- CHEMISTRY: Biochemistry, Chemistry of Materials, Medicinal Chemistry.
- CIVIL ENGG.: Environmental: Water and Waste Water Engg. Air Pollution Control Engg. Solid and Hazardous Waste Engg. Geotechnical: Geotechnical Engg., geoenvironmental Engg., Rock Mechanics and Rock Engg., Structures: Structural Engg. Construction Materials, Construction Management, Transportation: Transport and Traffic planning, Transportation and Traffic Engg., Pavement Engg., Water
Resources: Water Resources Engg, and related areas.
- COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGG.: High Performance Computing and Visualization, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, Wired and Wireless Networks, Mobile Computing Cyber –physical Systems & Internet of Things(IOT), Algorithms & Complexity, Logic & Verification, Information Management, Information Retrieval, Data Analytics and Data Sciences, Computer Vision, Graphics & Robotics, Programming Languages, Semantics, Analysis & Language Implementation, Distributed & Multicore Computing, Operating Systems and Cloud Computing, Cryptography and Cryptosystems, Systems and Information Security, Human Computer Interaction, Embedded Systems, Computer Architecture, VLSI and Design Automation.
- DESIGN : Industrial Design, Product Design, Engineering Design, Creativity and innovation, Design Theory & Methodology, Applied Ergonomics and Human Factors in Design, Universal and Inclusive Design, Design for UX/UI, HCI; GraphicDesign, Communication Design, Computer Aided Design and Manufacturing, Design Automation and Design Optimization, Design Computing and Design Informatics,
Materials & Design, Design for Product Life-Cycle, Art & Design, Product Aesthetics, Digital Media & Design, Social and Cultural aspects of Design,Design Policy, Design Strategy, Design Management.
- ELECTRICAL ENGG.: In all areas of Electrical Engineering including Electronics& Circuits, Control & Automation, Communication, Computer Engineering, Power Systems, Power Electronics, Machines & Drives.
- ENERGY SCIENCE & ENGINEERING: Renewable Energy Technologies, Energy Storage, Electrical Power Systems, Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Drives, Control and Instrumentation for Energy Applications, Electronic Devices, Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, and Combustion pertaining to Energy Systems.
- HUMANITIES & SOCIAL SCIENCES: Economics: Specialization in Microeconomics/Macroeconomics/International Trade/ Economic History is desired.
However, exceptionally good candidates in any otherspecializations in Economics are also encouraged to apply. Linguistics: Semantics, Neuro-linguistics, Phonology, Comparative Syntax, Theoretical/Formal Syntax, Psycholinguistics, Language Acquisition, Computational linguistics. Literature: Poetry, North Eastern literatures and cultures, Subaltern and Dalit studies, Comparative Literature, Literatures of Protest, Folklore Studies, Digital Humanities, Culture Studies/Literary Culture Studies, Art & Aesthetics, Film Studies. Philosophy: All sub-disciplines of philosophy, with a special focus on the following areas: ethics, metaphysics, history of philosophy, political philosophy, philosophy of law, logic, epistemology, philosophy of mind, environmental philosophy, feminist philosophy, philosophy of culture, philosophy of religion, philosophy of technology, and philosophy of science. Applications are especially welcome from philosophers with access to philosophical texts in non-English languages, and who belong to diverse traditions of philosophy in different parts of the world. Psychology: Social Psychology, Positive Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Neuropsychology, Computational Psychology. Sociology: Sociology of Family, Kinship and Gender; Sociology of Industry and Organizations; Population Studies and Demography; Dalit and Tribal Studies; Economic Sociology/Anthropology; Visual Sociology/Anthropology.
- MANAGEMENT STUDIES: Operations & Supply Chain Management, Marketing Management, Strategic Management, Technology Management, Telecom Systems Management, Human Resource Management, Corporate law, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, Business Analytics, Entrepreneurship.
- MATERIAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING: Material synthesis, processing and characterization, Materials modeling, polymeric materials, Alloys, composites and structural materials, Functional materials, Nanostructured materials, Materials for sustainable technology and process Metallurgy and Corrosion Science and Engineering.
- MATHEMATICS: Probability, Statistics, Optimization, Scientific Computing, Theoretical Computer Science and Machine Learning and Data Science.
- MECHANICAL ENGG.: “All areas of Design and Production and Industrial Engineering. Further, applicants having strong fundamentals pertaining to thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat and mass transfer, combustion and gasification and numerical and experimental techniques may apply. It is desirable that the research interests should relate to one or more of the following application areas:
• Sustainable Energy, clean energy and Transportation motive power
• Thermo-fluid analysis of Biological Systems
• Micro and nano-scale heat transfer
• Thermal engineering of processes
Applicants in the areas of Production and Industrial Engineering
specializations are specially encouraged to apply”.
- PHYSICS: Quantum Materials, Quantum Technology & Quantum Information Systems, Applied Optics, Optical Design & Fabrication, Atomic, Molecular Spectroscopy, Plasma Physics.
- TEXTILE & FIBRE ENGINEERING: Textile Engineering, Textile Technology, Textile Chemistry, Fibre Science & Technology, and other Engineering and Science (such as Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical/Electronics, Materials, Polymers, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Bio-Sciences and Management) with demonstrated research experience in areas relevant to textiles and fibres.
- APPLIED RESEARCH IN ELECTRONICS (CARE) : Microwaves and RF: RFICand RFMEMS, Imaging and Surveillance, RF Digital Co-design, Active and Reconfigurable Antennas and Arrays, High Power Solid-State Systems, Non-linear Modeling and Measurements, Components & Systems up to THz; Microelectronics: MEMS and Microsystems, Micro sensors development for defense and space applications, mm-wave and THZ electronic devices, QuantumElectronic devices for Quantum Information Technology; Signal Processing:Acoustic Signal Processing,
Underwater and Air Acoustics, Speech and Audio Processing, Signal Processing for Communications, Sensor Array SignalProcessing, Multi-sensor Data Fusion, Machine Learning for Signal Processing, Signal Processing for Internet-of-Things; Multidisciplinary: Modern Radar Systems.
- ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCES (CAS): All areas of Atmospheric and Oceanic Science.
- AUTOMOTIVE RESEARCH AND TRIBOLOGY (CART): Power Electronics for EV applications, Battery management systems and other storage technologies for EVs, EV charging infrastructure and smart charging solutions, Vehicular Telematics and Embedded system for EVs, Connected and Autonomous EVs, Vehicle dynamics and control.
- BIOMEDICAL ENGG (CBME).: Bio Instrumentation; Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Medical Sensors, Biomechanics; Medical Implants, Mechanical Engineering, Design Engineering, Production Engineering, Material Science & Engineering, Bio Imaging; Electrical, Electronics, Optical.
- RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND TECHNOLOGY (CRDT) : Rural Resources, Energy systems & Infrastructure; Resilience & Climate Change; Disruptive Technologies; Engineering Design, Artisanal/Agricultural Tools & Crafts; Indian Knowledge system, Skill Development & Entrepreneurship; Water resource management, Sanitation & Soil Health; Microbial & Biomass Technologies; Food science & Nutrition, Food processing & Technology (All above areas in rural context) Preference will be given in these areas: Artisanal/Agricultural Tools & Crafts;
Resilience & Climate Change; Water resource management & Food science & Nutrition.
- SENSORS, INSTRUMENTATION AND CYBER-PHYSICAL SYSTEM ENGINEERING (SeNSE): Candidates must have an ability to build world-class research facilities, and a proven/ demonstrated history of hands-on product and prototype development at the individual/ team level in- Optical Engineering (optical fabrication, laser systems and optical instrumentation), Precision mechanics, electronics systems and instrumentation, sensors, smart systems, cyber-physicalsystems. (more details at http://bit.ly/SENSE-faculty-advertisement).
- TRIP-Centre (Transportation Research and Injury Prevention Centre): Invites applications from well qualified Ph.D. degree holders with a strong academic background for the posts of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor and Professor specializing in transport planning and traffic safety, Automotive safety, Impact biomechanics, sustainable transport safety; vehicular pollution, transport economics, transport geography (statistics/epidemiology with a focus on population and demographics. Applicants can seek joint appointments in suitable departments and center’s at IITD. TRIP Centre is a new academic unit established in May, ’21. The Centre promotes and facilitates
collaborative research and technology development in transportation research and injury prevention field.
- OPTICS AND PHOTONICS CENTRE: Optical Engineering, Optical Instrumentation and Metrology, Optical Imaging, Fiber Optics, Integrated Optics, Optical Communication, Optical Sensors, Laser Science and Technology, Ultrafast Optics, Silicon Photonics, Nanophotonics, Plasmonics, Biophotonics, Green Photonics, Statistical and Quantum Optics, Quantum Photonics, Terahertz Photonics, Optical Metamaterials, Nonlinear Optics, Optical and Magneto-optical Storage Devices, Photonic Devices, and other relevant areas.
- BHARTI SCHOOL OF TELECOMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ANDMANAGEMENT (BSTTM): All areas of Telecom Technology and Management
- AMAR NATH & SHASHI KHOSLA SCHOOL OF INFORMATION
TECHNOLOGY (ANSKSIT): Computational Neuroscience, Medical Applications of Information Technologies, Computational & Systems Biology, Embedded Systems& Sensor, Computer Security, Internet of Things (IOT).
- KUSUMA SCHOOL OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES (KSBS): Basic/ Fundamental research in Biological Sciences in the areas of Structural Biology, Infectiousdiseases & non-communicable disorders and cognitive & computational neurosciences.
- SCHOOL OF PUBLIC POLICY (SOPP): The applicants must have a demonstrated track record of research in the area of public policy with broad focus on Science, Technology & Innovation (STI) and Development, and expertise in one or more of the specific areas of (1) Energy & Environment (2) Health innovations & systems (3) Sustainable Habitats (4) Agriculture, Food & Water (5) Industry & Economy (6) Internet, Digital Information & Society (7) Innovation Systems & Processes, and (8) Technical Higher Education. For further details, please see http://ssp.iitd.ac.in/
- SCHOOL OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE (ScAI) : In all areas of artificial intelligence, Subareas of interest include (but are not limited to) deep learning, reinforcement learning, probabilistic models, data mining, information retrieval, multi-agent systems, knowledge representation and reasoning, mathematical foundations of AI, ethics of AI, applied AI such as NLP, computer vision, robotics, AI on the edge, etc., and applications of AI to domain areas such as healthcare, agriculture, education, industry 4.0, etc. ScAI strongly encourages applicants with
demonstrated track-record of working at the intersection of an application area and the AI fields. More details are found at http://www.scai.iitd.ac.in
- COMPUTER SERVICES CENTRE: System Architect
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Grade I) :-
Ph.D. and First class or equivalent grade at the preceding degree in an appropriate branch/discipline with a good academic record throughout. A minimum of three years teaching/ research / professional experience, excluding the experience gained before and while pursuing Ph.D. Candidate should have demonstrated research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed journals and conferences.
Candidates with Ph.D but with less than 3 years experience can be considered for Assistant Professor (Grade II).
SYSTEM ARCHITECT IN COMPUTER SERVICE CENTRE:-
❖ Ph.D. in Computer Science/Engineering/Applied Sciences with 3 years experience OR
❖ M.Tech. in Computer Science/Engineering/Applied Sciences with 5 years experience OR
❖ B.Tech. or M.Sc. in Computer Science/Engineering/Applied Sciences or M.C.A. with 7 years experience; and
❖ First class or equivalent grade in all university-level degrees in respective discipline with a consistently good academic record;
❖ Strong academic background and work experience with computer systems or computer systems/applications software (including high-performance computing) or computer networks.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Assistant Professor (Grade I) Pay Level 12 (Rs.1,01,500-1,67,400) with minimum Pay of Rs.1,01,500/-. After completion of 3 years of service as Assistant Professor in Pay Level 12, the candidates will be considered for movement to Pay Level 13A1 (Rs.1,31,400- 2,04,700)
- System Architect Pay Level 12 (Rs.1,01,500-1,67,400) with minimum Pay of Rs.101500/-. After completion of 3 years of service as System Architect in Pay Level 12, the candidates will be considered for movement to Pay Level 13A1 (Rs.1,31,400- 2,04,700)
💺 JOB LOCATION
New Delhi, Delhi
📝 HOW TO APPLY
It is a requirement that candidates use the IIT Delhi website (https://home.iitd.ac.in/jobs-iitd/index.html) to fill-up and submit application online against the aforesaid faculty position on or before 31st October, 2021. The website also contains useful information on various aspects of working and living at IIT Delhi and recruitment process.
As a precaution, after submitting the application through the website, please retain a printed copy of the application. Candidates employed with Government/Semi-Government Organizations or with Autonomous Bodies must print a copy of the electronic submission and submit the printed version through proper channel at the address given below.
Candidates who have applied online may please log in to our site https://ecampus.iitd.ac.in/IITDFR-0/login and check the status whether their application has been received or not.
Address for correspondence:
Joint Registrar (E-I), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
IIT Delhi, Hauz Khas, New Delhi-110016 (INDIA)
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last Date for Application Submission is on or before 31st October, 2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi invites online applications from eligible candidates for the Teaching Faculty positions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Post expires on Sunday October 31st, 2021