Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 01-09-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam (IIMV) belongs to the prestigious IIM family of business schools. It is a new generation IIM, set up by the Government of India in September 2015. The Indian Institutes of Management Act 2017 declares IIMs as Institutions of National Importance, empowered to attain standards of global excellence in management, management research and allied areas of knowledge. IIM Visakhapatnam is located in its temporary, but state-of-the-art facility in the salubrious Andhra University campus in the ‘City of Destiny’, Visakhapatnam. The Institute has begun the process for building a permanent, full-fledged, word-class campus on approx. 230 acres of land in the (relative) vicinity of the upcoming green-field international airport, about 25 kilometres from the present (temporary/transit) campus. The first phase of the new facility is expected to be functional by 2021.
IIM Visakhapatnam (the Institute, IIMV) invites applications for faculty positions from candidates with outstanding academic record and proven credentials in teaching and research in management in schools of repute in India or abroad. Current and future vacancies are at the levels of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor, in regular capacity.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Media & Public Relations Professional
- Decision Sciences
- Information Systems
- Organization Behaviour & Human Resources
- Public Policy
- Economics & Social Sciences
- Finance & Accounting
- Production & Operations Management
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Minimum Educational Qualifications
[Professor, Associate Professor & Assistant Professor]
• PhD degree or equivalent, with first class (at least 60% of marks or equivalent CGPA) in the preceding degree in the appropriate discipline, with a very good academic record throughout.
• Successful track record of teaching; training; research; and publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals.
• In case of CGPA, the percentage conversions issued by the respective degree or diploma-awarding universities, or institutions would be the basis to determine first class.
• It is likely that the Faculty Seminar Presentation for the shortlisted candidates would be held by mid Nov. 2021. Doctoral students who are NOT sure of obtaining their PhD Provisional Certificates, latest by 31/12/2021, NEED NOT apply
Minimum Experience for Professor
• Minimum post-qualification experience of ten years in teaching/industry/research, of which, at least four years of experience at the level of Associate Professor in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV.
Minimum Experience for Associate Professor
• Minimum post-qualification experience of six years in teaching, industry and/or research, of which, at least three years of experience at the level of Assistant Professor in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV.
Minimum Experience for Assistant Professor (Grade-I)
• Minimum post-qualification experience of three years in teaching, industry and/or research in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreig
institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV.
Desirable Experience for Assistant Professor (Grade-II)
• Up to three years of post-qualification experience in teaching, industry and/or research in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Professor: Pay Level 14 of Seventh Central Pay Commission (7th CPC)
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,44,200/- + Allowances
- Associate Professor: Pay Level 13A2 of 7th CPC
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,39,600/- + Allowances
- Assistant Professor Grade – I: Pay Level 12 or 13A1 of 7th CPC
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,01,500/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 12)
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,31,400/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 13A1).
- Assistant Professor Grade – II: Pay Level 10 or 11 of 7th CPC
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.70900/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 10)
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.71000/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 11).
- A higher start can be considered in deserving cases.
💺 JOB LOCATION
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
📝 HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates are invited to apply using the prescribed format only, available on the website (www.iimv.ac.in/careers). Applications not conforming to the format are liable to be rejected.
- Where applicable, certificate issued by the Competent Authority clearly showing the category (OBC/SC/ST/EWS/PwD) to which the applicant belongs MUST be attached with the Application Form. Except such Category Certificate, no copy of any other certificate or supporting documentation need be attached/submitted. Such proof would be sought ONLY from short-listed applicants.
- Scanned, copies of the completely filled-in and signed (self-attested) application form (in Word and PDF format), along with Category Certificate (only) should be sent through e-mail on email@example.com by 24-Sep-2021 (Friday), 1700
- Important: Hard copy of the application, as submitted by mail, with all pages along with additional sheets / annexures (forming part of the application) and the Category Certificate duly signed (self-attested), should be sent by Speed Post/Courier to the address given below, ensuring it reaches the Institute by 01-Oct-2021 (Friday), 1700 Hrs. It is reiterated that no other certificates/supporting documentation need be attached at this stage, except the Category Certificate.
THE SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT VISAKHAPATNAM
ANDHRA UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
VISAKHAPATNAM – 530 003
ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA
- IIMV is not responsible for postal delays, if any. Applications received after the closing date and time will NOT be considered in this round of recruitment.
- The envelope cover containing the hard copy of the application form should be labelled as: “Employment Notification No.: 02/F/2021 DATED SEPTEMBER 01, 2021”.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last Date for application Submission is 17-Jun-2021 (Thursday) by 16:00 Hrs.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91 891-282 4444
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
The Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam invites applications from eligible candidates for Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor positions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
🔔Get Free Job Alerts in Your Email – Subscribe Now
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.