Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 27-08-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli (also known as NIT Trichy or NITT), formerly called as Regional Engineering College, Tiruchirappalli, is a public technical and research university near the city of Tiruchirappalli in Tamil Nadu, India. Founded in 1964, it is one of India’s oldest, most selective, and most prestigious technical universities. It is located in a campus of 800 acres . NIT Trichy is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 and is one of the institutions of the National Institutes of Technology (NITs) system. The university focuses exclusively on science, technology, engineering, management, and architecture.
Online applications are invited from Indian Nationals / Overseas Citizens of India, with excellent academic
background and commitment to quality teaching and research, forthe following Faculty Positions of the Institute.
Online applications are invited from Indian Nationals / Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), with excellent academic background and commitment to quality teaching and research, for the post of Assistant Professor (Pay Level 10/11) in various Departments of NIT, Tiruchirappalli as per the details given below
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor (Grade II) (On contract)
2 Chemical Engineering
4 Civil Engineering
5 Computer Science & Engineering
6 Computer Applications
7 Electrical & Electronics Engineering
8 Electronics & Communication Engineering
9 Energy & Environment
10 Humanities & Social Sciences
11 Instrumentation & Control Engineering
12 Management Studies
14 Mechanical Engineering
15 Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
17 Production Engineering
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
For essential qualifications, requirements and other information, visit the Institute website www.nitt.edu
i) Detailed Educational Qualifications, Experience and other criteria for selection shall be as per the modified recruitment rules for Faculty in NITs as per schedule E of the first statutes of the NITs (amendment statutes 2017). Reference: Gazette of India No. 651 dated 24th July, 2017
ii) All new entrants (except to the Department of Architecture) shall have Ph.D. in the relevant / equivalent discipline and shall have First Class in the preceding degrees.
For faculty in the Department of Architecture, following shall be the essential qualification:
First Class degree in Bachelor of Architecture and Master of Architecture / M.Plan.
- Pay Level 10: M.Arch. or M.Plan. with one-year professional experience: Assistant Professor at Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 6000;
- Pay Level 11: M.Arch. or M.Plan. with two years professional experience: Assistant Professor at Academic Grade Pay of Rs. 7000;
➢ In case, first class is not mentioned in the preceding degrees by the University / Institution, then the candidates should have secured at least 6.5 CGPA (on a 10-point scale) or 60% marks in aggregate.
➢ In case the candidate has secured CGPA under any other point scale (other than 10-point scale), then certificate issued by the authorized signatory (not the Mentor/Supervisor/Head of the Department) of the Institute / University to the effect of having secured first class in such degree must be attached. Alternately, the CGPA may be equivalently converted on 10-point scale for determination of eligibility.
➢ The above mentioned CGPA / Percentage / Degree should be awarded by a recognized University / Institute.
• For Architecture: Bachelor degree in Architecture and M.Arch / M.Plan / equivalent degree as applicable.
• For Engineering: B.E./B.Tech. or any equivalent degree and M.E./M.Tech. or any equivalent degree in relevant discipline.
• Candidates having Ph.D. Degree directly after B.E./B.Tech. from reputed Institutions/Universities will also be considered, if other norms are fulfilled.
• For Humanities/ Sciences / Computer Applications: B.A./ B.Sc./ B.Com./BCA or any equivalent undergraduate degree and/ or M.A./ M.Sc./ M.Com./ MCA or any equivalent P.G. degree in relevant discipline.
• For Management: Ph.D. in Management / Business Administration discipline with preceding degree of 2 years full time in Master of Business Administration / Post Graduate Diploma in management or with Master’s Degree in Industrial Engineering / Management or Industrial Engineering/ Management with Operations research / Systems / other relevant discipline.
Candidates are required to go through the details of posts and instructions included herewith before applying to ensure their eligibility for the post.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Assistant Professor Grade II – Pay Level 10 in VII CPC [70,900/-pm to ₹ 98,200/-pm]- [Pay Band (PB)-3] with Academic Grade Pay (AGP) ₹ 6000].
- Assistant Professor Grade II – Pay Level 11 in VII CPC [₹ 71,000/-pm to ₹ 117,200/-pm]- [PB-3 with AGP ₹ 7000].
💺 JOB LOCATION
Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu
📝 HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates should fill the online Application form with correct details for every item. Candidates should carefully fill up all the details required in the online application form including certificate relating to Age, Education Qualification, valid Community/ EWS/ PwD Certificates, etc.
- This online facility will be available in the Institute website www.nitt.edu from 25.08.2021 to 24.09.2021. The online application process will be closed on 24.09.2021 at 5.30 p.m.
On completion of filling of the on-line application form and submission, download the filled application form, sign it and enclose the self-attested photo-copies of the certificates/testimonials/research papers etc., and send the hardcopy of the application to each Department applied separately to The Registrar, National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli – 620015, Tamil Nadu by Speed / Registered post to reach on or before 04.10.2021 by 5.30 p.m. mentioning on the cover “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Pay Level 10/11) IN THE DEPARTMENT OF_____________________.” Application will be considered only on receipt of the hard copy as above.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Opening date of online portal : 25.08.2021
Last Date for Submission of online application : 24.09.2021, 05.30 PM
Last Date for Submission of hardcopy : 04.10.2021, 05.30 PM
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📩 ONLINE APPLICATION
email@example.com / Portal Related: firstname.lastname@example.org
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli Online applications are invited from Indian Nationals / Overseas Citizens of India, with excellent academic background and commitment to quality teaching and research, forthe following Faculty Positions of the Institute.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Post expires on Friday September 24th, 2021