Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 21-08-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Gauhati University was incorporated by an Act of 1947. It started functioning on 26 January, 1948 as an affiliating, teaching and residential university in a few temporary buildings in Guwahati, with K. K. Handique as the first Vice-Chancellor. Phanidhar Dutta, Sailandhar Rajkhowa and Sarat Kumar Dutta were selected as the Registrar, Treasurer and Secretary of University Classes respectively. The emblem of the University, selected from among many submitted, was designed by T. Mukherjee, a textile designer of Ahmedabad. Two Sanskrit words inscribed on it – Vidyaya Sadhayeta (meaning achievement through learning) – indicate the motto of the University.The objective of the University is to bring about social, economic, cultural, moral and spiritual upliftment of the people of Assam. As stated in the Objects and Reasons appended to the Gauhati University Bill, 1947, “Assam offers great opportunities of study in many fields-linguistic, historical, ethnological, archaeological, geological, scientific and agricultural …..It will be the aim of the proposed University to intensify the study of the age long spirit of Assamese life and character, and to bring in them the necessary adjustments in relation to Indian civilization and to the different and new impulses of the West”. The desire of seeing the University “illumine the banks of the Luit” is reflected in the university anthem, Jilikaba Luitare Par, composed by Bhupen Hazarika.
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for various teaching posts of Professors, Associate Professors and Assistant Professors at Gauhati University.
For detailed information, other terms and conditions and the application forms, please visit the University website: www.gauhati.ac.in.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
🎯 DEPARTMENT / SPECIALIZATION
- Professor Anthropology
- Professor Sanskrit
- Professor Physics
- Professor Zoology
- Professor Hindi
- Professor E.C.T
- Professor History
- Associate Professor Computer Science
- Associate Professor Zoology
- Associate Professor Sanskrit
- Associate Professor Linguistics
- Associate Professor Assamese
- Associate Professor Anthropology
- Associate Professor English
- Associate Professor Education
- Associate Professor Electronics and Communication Technology
- Associate Professor English Language and Teaching
- Associate Professor Hindi
- Associate Professor Assamese
- Associate Professor Geological Science
- Assistant Professor Physics
- Assistant Professor Geography
- Assistant Professor Zoology
- Assistant Professor Sanskrit
- Assistant Professor Assamese
- Assistant Professor History
- Assistant Professor English
- Assistant Professor Biotechnology
- Assistant Professor Geological Sciences
- Assistant Professor Commerce
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
- Minimum Essential Qualification: As per the existing UGC norms (UGC Regulation 2018)
- UGC Regulation (additional) issued in continuation of 2018 Regulation, if any will be applicable.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Professor (Academic Level-14) Rs. 1,44,200/- to 2,18,200/-
- Associate Professor (Academic Level-13A) Rs 1,31,400/- to 2,17,100/-
- Assistant Professor (Academic Level-10) Rs. 57,700/- to 1,82,400/-
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
The last date of receipt of filled-in application is 03.10.2021.
Applications will be received only on the Gauhati University working days. The University will not be responsible for any postal delay.
Application Form: Prescribed application form may be downloaded from the G.U. website www.gauhati.ac.in.
Application Fees & Last date: Candidates will be required to pay an amount of Rs. 1000/- (in case of SC, ST Rs. 500/-) Demand Draft in favour of Registrar, Gauhati University payable at SBI Branch, G.U. as an application fee for the post. Completed application in prescribed form along with necessary enclosures must reach “The Registrar, Gauhati University, Guwahati-781014”, Latest by 3rd October, 2021.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date of receipt of filled-in application is 03.10.2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Gauhati University invites applications from eligible candidates for the Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professors positions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.