Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 13-08-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are autonomous public institutions of national importance for higher education in engineering, science and technology. Starting with IIT Kharagpur in 1951, there are 23 such Institutes of excellence all over India today, and IIT Palakkad belongs to this prestigious group. Celebrated as a major granary of Kerala, Palakkad is the gateway to the State from the North in the form of the nearly 40-kilometre break in the Western Ghats, called the Palakkad Gap. The place is known for its rich traditions, great historical events and personalities connected with it, and its sylvan surroundings, especially the Silent Valley rain forests and the famed palmyra trees.IIT Palakkad was announced by the Government of India in 2014. We began with a headstart in the very next academic year, 2015-16, with the support of our mentor Institute (IIT Madras).
IIT Palakkad is looking for individuals with an established record of independent high quality research, and commitment to teaching and research, for faculty positions at the level of (as per the 7th Central Pay Commission):
Applications are invited from eligible candidates in all areas in the Disciplines of Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, and Physics.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
🎯 DEPARTMENT / SPECIALIZATION
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Ph.D. in the relevant area of research, with first class or equivalent at the preceding (penultimate) degree in the appropriate branch with consistently good academic record throughout. At least 6 years industrial / research / teaching experience (post Ph.D.) of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor Gr. I (Pay Level 12 in 7th CPC) or equivalent. The candidate must have a proven track record of research student guidance, research publications in peer-reviewed conferences/journals, and sponsored research/consultancy projects.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Associate Professor Level 13A2 (Rs.139600-Rs.211300)
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Applications are to be submitted online through the portal at https://facap.iitpkd.ac.in wherein all necessary instructions may be found. The completed application should be submitted on or before September 10, 2021
Applicants should click on the “Submit the application” button to complete the submission. The applicant will receive an email confirming the submission of application.
- Date of advertisement August 10, 2021
- Application portal opens on August 10, 2021 at 14:00 Hrs
- Last date of submission of applications online Sept 10, 2021
- Application portal closes on Sept 10, 2021 at 23:59 Hrs
- A separate application must be submitted for every post through the portal.
- The application portal requires the following to be uploaded as separate documents, preferably in PDF along with a passport size photograph.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Teaching plan, indicating courses in the discipline that you can teach. An expanded statement of the objectives and long term interests in coursework development may be included. For those with prior teaching experience, the statement should preferably contain details of student feedback ratings, outline of courses taught by the candidate and novel methods used if any. The statement can also include details of any teaching related awards and details of participation in teacher development programs as participant or as mentor.
- Research plan, highlighting the current and past research interests and achievements as also future plans in the short and long terms. The plan should highlight how the work contributes or will contribute to advances in the field. The research plan may also briefly include details of sponsored and consultancy projects that are completed and ongoing, if applicable.
- Copies of Ph.D. degree certificate and penultimate degree (degree immediately preceding Ph.D.) certificate, as well as copy of the penultimate degree marksheet
- Copies/Re-prints of your three best publications authored in the last 10 years, which best highlight your research contributions
- Copies of certificates for proof of category and physical disability as well as NOC, if applicable
- The application portal also requires data on the following.
- Number of publications in peer-reviewed journals and international/national conferences, books and book chapters as well as patents filed/granted. A complete list of all publications/books/patents may be included in the CV, with the salient contributions of the best works of the candidate highlighted.
- Number of externally funded projects and funding received. Specific details on the projects including sponsoring agency, value, status of project, co-investigators and the contributions made by the candidate can be included in the CV.
- Number of students supervised/currently supervising (Ph.D./MS) as official guide/co-guide.
- Experience (in months) before and after Ph.D. in research and industry as well as teaching experience at UG/PG level. Details on courses taught and novel methods employed can be part of the teaching plan and also detailed in the CV.
- Details of at least three referees who can provide an independent assessment of your abilities and contributions.
- Any other information such as prizes and awards, organisation of conferences, reviewer for journals, member of editorial boards, outreach activities and administrative roles undertaken may also be clearly highlighted in the CV.
Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad,
Ahalia Integrated Campus,
Kozhippara P.O | Palakkad
Kerala | Pin: 678557
04923 229 594 (Personnel Section)
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last dale for receipt of completed applications ONLINE is September 10, 2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Post expires on Friday September 10th, 2021