Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
📅 Date of Advertisement: 22-07-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Shivaji University, established in 1962, is named after the Great Maratha Warrior and founder of the Maratha empire Chhatrapati Shivaji. It was inaugurated on 18th November, 1962 by Dr. Radhakrishnan, the then President of India. One of the major objectives behind foundation of this University was to cater to the regional needs of South Maharashtra. The jurisdiction of the University is spread over three districts viz. Kolhapur, Sangli and Satara with strength of about 3,00,000 students studying in 280 affiliated colleges and recognised institutes. The University’s efforts towards excellence are being recognised by the substantial grants received from funding agencies like UGC, DST, DBT etc. The another indicator of recognition of University is collaborations with premier institutes in the country.
Applications are invited from excellent academic experience for recruitment to the Associate Professor and Assistant Professor post
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Temporary Associate Professor (UG PROGRAMME) -01 Post
- 08/21-01 Bachelor of Commerce
- Temporary Associate Professor (PG PROGRAMME) – 10 Posts
- 08/21-02 Master of Commerce
- 08/21-03 Master of Arts (Economics)
- 08/21-04 Master of Arts (English)
- 08/21-05 Master of Arts (Hindi)
- 08/21-06 Master of Arts (History)
- 08/21-07 Master of Arts (Marathi)
- 08/21-08 Master of Arts (Political Science)
- 08/21-09 Master of Arts (Sociology)
- 08/21-10 Master of Science (Mathematics)
- 08/21-11 Master of Business Administration (Distance Mode / Executive Mode)
- Temporary Assistant Professor (UG PROGRAMME) -01 Post
- 08/21-12 Bachelor of Commerce
- Temporary Assistant Professor (PG PROGRAMME) – 10 Posts
- 08/21-13 Master of Commerce
- 08/21-14 Master of Arts (Economics)
- 08/21-15 Master of Arts (English)
- 08/21-16 Master of Arts (Hindi)
- 08/21-17 Master of Arts (History)
- 08/21-18 Master of Arts (Marathi)
- 08/21-19 Master of Arts (Political Science)
- 08/21-20 Master of Arts (Sociology)
- 08/21-21 Master of Science (Mathematics)
- 08/21-22 Master of Business Administration (Distance Mode/ Executive Mode)
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Post – Associate Professor (Post Code No. 08/21 – 01 to Post Code No 08/21 – 10)
i) A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines;
ii) A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed); and
iii) A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution / industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2.
Post – Associate Professor (Post Code No. 08/21 – 11)
i. Ph. D. degree in the relevant field and First class or equivalent at either Bachelor’s or Master’s level in the relevant branch.
ii. At least total 6 research publications in SCI journals / UGC / AICTE approved list of journals.
iii. Minimum of 8 years of experience in teaching / research / industry out of which at least 2 years shall be Post Ph. D. experience.
iv. In case of HMCT, 8 years of industry experience at a managerial level not below the position of Head of Department handling a team of 20 persons or more in a 4 star hotel or above category or in a similar position in the hospitality industry / tourism industry.
Post – Assistant Professor (Post Code No. 08/21–12 to 08/21– 21 )
A. 1) A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
2) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SET :
3) Provided the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances / Bye-laws / Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/ SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in
Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in regular mode only;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal; and
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers, based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars, sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
4) The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic affairs) of the University concerned.
5) NET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SET is not conducted. However, Ph.D. degree shall remain the minimum eligibility for appointment of Assistant Professor in such disciplines.
B. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
(i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) ;
(ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or
(iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai
Post – Assistant Professor (Post Code No. 08/21– 22)
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline and Master’s Degree in Business Administration / PGDM / C.A./ICWA/ M. Com. with First Class or equivalent and two years of professional experience after acquiring the degree of Master’s degree.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Rs. 35,000/- p.m. consolidated -For post Code No. (08/21-01 to 08/21-11)
- Rs. 32,000/- p.m. consolidated -For post Code No. (08/21-12 to 08/21-22)
- Tenure- All the posts are purely temporary for the academic year 2021-22 (i.e. up to the end of the second term of academic year 2021-22)
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Applications are invited in prescribed format available online on Shivaji University website www.unishivaji.ac.in (URL www.unishivaji.ac.in/recruitments) temporary posts to be filled in the Centre for Distance Education (for self supporting courses) of this University on purely temporary basis for the year 2021-22.
Interested candidates may apply online on or before 28/07/2021.
Candidate who have applied online must bring six (06) HARD COPIES of application form online filled out of
which ONE copy should have attached attested copies of all relevant necessary documents at the time of
Those who fails to comply with above instructions shall be considered to be Not Eligible for the further selection
Interview Schedule will be declared on the University website separately
1) The applicant who wishes to apply for more than one post should submit separate application for each of the post.
2) The applicant should submit attested copies of their certificates and testimonials along with one copy of application
3) Employed candidate must submit the application through proper channel.
4) Incomplete application and applications on plain paper / by manual method (other than online method) or applications without necessary documents will not be entertained.
5) The applicants should attend the interview at their own cost along with their original certificates on the scheduled date and time in University office (Main building)
6) All updates, corrigendum (if any), instructions regarding this recruitment drive will be updated from time to time on
Shivaji University website only. Hence, applicants are advised to visit University website regularly for further updates, if any. In case of any query regarding said recruitment, please contact on the e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
7) University authority reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all posts advertised.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last date for submission of the final printout of application form is 28/07/2021.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Applications are invited in prescribed form available online on Shivaji University website www.unishivaji.ac.in (URL http://www.unishivaji.ac.in/recruitments) for the following Teaching Faculty Positions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Disclaimer: Faculty Tick tries to keep the information on its website accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee that information may always be up-to date. But We try to ensure that the information we post on facultytick.com is accurate.
If you see something on the website that needs correction or updation in webpage, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
📅 Post expires at Wednesday July 28th, 2021