Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
📅 Date of Advertisement: 10-07-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Ashoka University is a pioneer in its focus on providing a liberal education at par with the best in the world. The aim at Ashoka is to help students become well-rounded individuals who can think critically about issues from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and become leaders with a commitment to public service. An Ashoka education carries a strong emphasis on foundational knowledge, thorough academic research based on rigorous pedagogy, and hands-on experience with real-world challenges. The 2250-plus students on campus, drawn from 30 states and over 243 cities in India and 27 other countries, receive a world-class interdisciplinary education through undergraduate and post-graduate programmes led by internationally renowned faculty.
The Department of Environmental Studies is looking for 2 Teaching Fellows (TFs) to assist with the Foundational Course for the Monsoon semester (August-December) 2021. This course attempts to provide a holistic understanding of the environment around us, including its biophysical and socio-cultural elements. It will provide students with the understanding and tools to be able to critically examine environmental problems and their solutions in the world today
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Teaching Fellow Positions in Department of Environmental Studies
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Candidates should have completed a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline. Preference will be given to those working towards an M.Phil. or Ph.D. degree. The application should include (1) a CV; (2) a letter explaining the candidate’s interest in this position; (3) a writing sample that demonstrates the candidate’s critical thinking and clear expression; and (4) the names and contact details of two references.
TFs are expected to (1) organize and run discussion groups; (2) answer students’ questions and
comment on draft written work; and (3) grade assignments. They are also expected to provide
logistical assistance to the course instructor. Two TFs will be assigned per Foundation Course
(usual class size: 100 students). TFs should:
- Lead 3 discussion sections of about 17-18 students (three 1-hour meetings a week for a total of 3 hours);
- Hold two sets of office hours a week for each discussion section (that’s 3 sections x 2 meetings for 1 hour each with for a total of 6 hours) and be available during designated office hours for students to consult;
- Provide critical and constructive comments on all written work submitted by students;
- Grade in a timely fashion all student assignments, quizzes and exams assigned during the semester;
- Provide students online access to the course readings and other prescribed material via Google Classroom;
- Attend all the lectures for the Foundation Course (two 90-minute lectures a week for a total of 3 hours);
- Do the readings assigned for the day;
- Assist the Professor(s) with logistical support for the course lectures, including taking attendance, setting up online meetings, and (when classes on campus resume) setting up technical equipment such as laptop and projector for PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Meet the professor at least once a week to discuss the objectives and lesson plan for any given week’s discussion sections;
- If asked, teach a segment of the lecture to develop the skills to communicate with a large audience.
The workload presumes a minimum of 12 contact hours a week with students in class and office hours. In addition, TFs will be expected to devote sufficient time to class preparation, grading, in-class writing, quizzes and other student projects. Sufficient time will also be expected to be set aside for the assigned readings that the students are doing, as well as to assist the instructor in setting up class PPTs, arranging seating, and generally attending to the needs of the course.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE
₹ The remuneration offered by Ashoka University is generous. Ashoka helps TFs find accommodation in or near the university
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send their application by 20 July 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. The TFs are expected to report for duty one week before the start of classes.
Compensation & Terms: As per Ashoka University policies
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
- The deadline for submitting a complete application is 20 July 2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Ashoka University applications are invited from excellent academic record and relevant work experience for recruitment to the Teaching Fellow post
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Disclaimer: Faculty Tick tries to keep the information on its website accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee that information may always be up-to date. But We try to ensure that the information we post on facultytick.com is accurate.
If you see something on the website that needs correction or updation in webpage, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Post expires on Tuesday July 20th, 2021