Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 08-07-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), a vision of the Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is India’s first university focussed on transport-related education, multidisciplinary research and training. A Deemed to be University under the de Novo category, NRTI is specifically established to create a resource pool of best-in-class professionals for the railway and transportation sector.NRTI will offer multi-disciplinary programmes designed to cater to the needs of India’s transportation sector. The Institute will follow a demand-driven curriculum, while aligning with industry priorities. To ensure best-in-class delivery of education, NRTI will follow a highly experiential and unique inter-disciplinary pedagogical approach, that incorporates the latest technologies such as live classrooms and online programs, and is delivered by high-quality faculty with global exposure.
National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), a vision of the Hon’ble Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is India’s first Institute focused on transport related education, multi-disciplinary research and training. A Deemed to be University under de-Novo category, NRTI is specifically established to create a resource pool of best-in-class professionals for the railway and transportation sector.
NRTI offers multi-disciplinary programmes, both at UG and PG levels, designed to cater to the needs of India’s transportation sector. The Institute follows a demand-driven curriculum, while aligning with industry priorities. To ensure best-in-class delivery of education, the Institute follows a highly experiential and unique inter-disciplinary pedagogical system that incorporates the latest technologies such as live classrooms and online programs and delivered by high-quality faculty with global exposure.
NRTI invites applications from the eligible candidates for the following Teaching positions to be filled as indicated against each. Candidates, who are not Indian nationals, may also be considered for contractual appointment
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
School of Engineering & Applied Science
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation
- Civil and Geotechnical
- Robotics & Automation
- Mechanical & Industrial
School of Management & Leadership Marketing
- Accounting and Finance
- Human Resource Management & Organization Development
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
School of Transportation Planning & Design
- Transportation Management
- Transportation Networks & System Design
- Transportation Modelling
- Urban Traffic Management and Control
- Transportation Technologies
- Green Logistics
- Vehicle Systems Design
- Product Design
School of Humanities, Arts & Social Sciences
School of Transport Policy & Law
- Laws & Regulations
- Transport Economics
- Public Policy& Management
Candidates with other relevant specializations may be considered based on quality of experience and performance.
Please mention primary and secondary specializations, if any, clearly in the Application Form.
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Essential (A or B):
i) An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline from a reputed University awarded in regular mode, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per UGC Regulations, 2018.
ii) A minimum of ten years of post-doctoral teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Professor, and/or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate.
B. An outstanding professional having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines from any academic institutions (not included in A above)/industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has a minimum of ten years’ experience at senior levels in Industry. Specialization areas in which positions are open are indicated at Para 6 of this document.
Essential (A or B)
i) Candidates with a good academic record with Ph.D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines from a reputed University awarded in regular mode.
ii) A Master‘s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
iii) A minimum of eight years of post-doctoral experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC listed journals and a total research score of seventy five (75) as per UGC Regulations, 2018
The candidate should have demonstrated leadership in research in a specific area of specialization in terms of guiding M.Tech./MBA or Ph.D. students, have a strong record of publications, participation in conferences, patents, laboratory/course development and/or other recognized relevant professional activities.
B. An outstanding professional, having a PhD degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above)/industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has a minimum of eight years’ experience at senior levels in Industry. Specialization areas in which positions are open are indicated at Para 6 of this document.
i) A Master‘s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET: Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:
The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/ seminars sponsored/ funded/ supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
B. The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign University/ Institution ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking or from Indian University/ Institution ranking among top 50 in NIRF Ranking.
C. An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in “A” above)/industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has a minimum of ten years’ experience at senior levels in Industry.
A minimum of three years post-doctoral teaching/research/professional experience excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
Candidate should have demonstrated research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed journals and conferences.
Specialization areas in which positions are open are indicated at Para 6 of this document.
Preferred / Desirable for all Faculty Positions Education qualifications from the top 50 NIRF or top 500 in World University Ranking Institute/University.
- International teaching experience
- Exposure to new institution building and active participation in institutional initiatives and students’ affairs
- Experience of online teaching
- Proficiency in use of technology in teaching (with LMS and other tools) and professional work
- Exposure to working with global partner universities and international faculty on projects and research
- Experience of projects and collaboration with industry partners
- Execution of projects with research grants from DST,CSIR etc.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Professor Type of Appointment: Regular Pay Scale: 7th CPC, Academic Level-14
- Associate Professor Type of Appointment: Regular Pay Scale: 7th CPC, Academic Level-13A
- Assistant Professor Type of Appointment: Regular Pay Scale: 7th CPC, Academic Level-10
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Apply online through the links provided below. No off-line Applications (by post/courier/by hand) will be accepted
|Position||Online Application Form|
|Associate Professor||Click here|
|Assistant Professor||Click here|
GENERAL CONDITIONS / INFORMATION
- Minimum qualifications to apply for the positions are explained at Para 3 above.
- It may be noted that the candidates, who satisfy the minimum prescribed qualifications, only will be considered for further selection process.
- Incomplete Applications or Applications received after the due date will not be entertained and be summarily rejected.
- NRTI reserves the right to not to fill-up the positions advertised, in case of non-availability of suitable candidates or to cancel the advertisement. No enquiries, in this matter, will be entertained.
- NRTI reserves the right to offer a lower position to candidates, if they are not found suitable for the post applied.
- In case of higher number of applications, the Institute reserves the right to shortlist the candidates adopting higher criteria than indicated in the advertisement to limit the number of candidates to reasonable level, for further stage(s) of recruitment
- The date for determining the upper age, qualification and/or experience shall be the closing date of submission of online applications
- Relaxation in age limit and other conditions applies to SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Ex-Servicemen candidates as per the relevant provisions under the GoI Rules, subject to submission of the certificates/testimonials for the same.
- Women and PWD candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Return (two-way) 2nd AC Class train fare is reimbursable to outstation candidates invited for the interview (not applicable to contractual positions). However, this may not be applicable in the case of online interviews.
- Mere fulfilment of the above-mentioned qualifications/experience etc. does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. In case, the number of applications received is high, it may not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all the candidates. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Candidates should, therefore, furnish all the qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant field, over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed.
- Candidates, who are presently employed in Govt./Autonomous bodies etc., need to submit an NOC from the employer along with the Application or they must produce the NOC prior to the interview.
- Relaxation in age (over and above the stipulated limit), educational qualification and/or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates with the approval of the Competent Authority.
- Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn.
- Candidates are required to indicate and correspond on the email ID they use frequently as all correspondence will be made only by emails. No physical correspondence will be made.
- NO INTERIM INQUIRY OR CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERTAINED. Candidates are advised to check the NRTI website : nrti.edu.in regularly for updates/related information.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Online Application closes on: 08/08/2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
National Rail and Transportation Institute invites online applications from eligible candidates for the Teaching faculty positions (Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor)
Notice for Recruitment to Teaching Positions – June 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Post expires on Sunday August 8th, 2021