Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 30-06-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
TANUVAS was sown as early as 1876, when the Madras Veterinary College was started as an Agricultural School in Chennai to offer diploma and certificate course in the field of veterinary and animal sciences. The institute attained the status of a college in the year 1903 (01.10.1903), when it started functioning at Dobbin Hall, Chennai and admitted 20 students for a three-year diploma course called GMVC (Graduate of Madras Veterinary College).Based on the recommendation of the Royal Commission on Agriculture, the college was upgraded to impart degree in veterinary science. Although the college was the fourth veterinary institution to be started in India, it was first veterinary college in the country to be affiliated to a university, the University of Madras in 1935 and the Bachelor of Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc.) degree course was started in 1936. The University of Madras also recognized the college as a centre for postgraduate education. In 1969, the college was made as the Directorate of Veterinary Education and Research. The college was then academically affiliated to Tamilnadu Agricultural University (TNAU) in 1974 and became a constituent unit of TNAU in 1976. To meet the demand of veterinary education and research, a second veterinary college was started in Namakkal in the year 1985.
Applications are invited from the eligible candidates to fill up the following post by direct recruitment in TANUVAS:
Assistant Professor – 46 Posts + 3 backlog (MBC/DC-1 and SC-2) vacancies (including newly established Veterinary College and Research Institutes at Salem, Theni and Udumalpet)
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- FACULTY VETERINARY AND ANIMAL SCIENCES
- Animal Genetics and Breeding
- Animal Nutrition
- Livestock Production Management
- Livestock Product Technology
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension Education
- Veterinary Biochemistry
- Veterinary Gynaecology and Obstetrics
- Veterinary Medicine (Candidates with basic degree of B.V.Sc. or B.V.Sc. & A.H with Master’s degree in the subject of Veterinary Medicine / Veterinary Clinical Medicine / Veterinary Preventive Medicine / Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine alone are eligible to apply)
- Veterinary Microbiology
- Veterinary Parasitology
- Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Public Health and Epidemiology
- Veterinary Surgery and Radiology
- FACULTY OF BASIC SCIENCES
- Animal Husbandry Economics
- Animal Husbandry Statistics and Computer Applications
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Eligibility (A or B) :
(i) A Master‘s degree in the concerned / relevant discipline with the minimum of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
(ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC/ICAR/CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions subject to the
fulfillment of the following conditions:
a. The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode.
b. The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners.
c. An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted.
d. The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal.
e. The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
f. The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters’ programme in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
(B) The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
(i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
(ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or
(iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai)
For all the teaching posts in the Faculties of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, the basic degree of B.V.Sc. / B.V.Sc. & A.H. obtained from a University/College in Schedule 1a and its subsequent amendments of Indian Veterinary Council Act – 1984 is essential.
Ph.D degree [as per University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D degree) Regulations, 2016] is desirable.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
Assistant Professor (Academic Level 10): with rationalized entry pay of Rs. 57,700/- along with other allowances as admissible by the State Government from time to time
💺 JOB LOCATION
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Application form, Instructions to the candidate, Number of posts (discipline-wise), Communal reservation, Pay Matrix Level, Qualification and Registration fee details can be downloaded (Application form (Word, pdf)) from 30.06.2021 onwards at TANUVAS website: www.tanuvas.ac.in
The duly filled in application forms along with registration fees and all necessary enclosures should reach “The Registrar, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Madhavaram Milk Colony, Chennai-600 051, Tamil Nadu, India” on or before 30/07/2021, 5.00 P.M.
- A separate application with separate Registration fee is required for each post.
- The application forms for submission shall be filled in, complete in all respects, giving correct information. Defective and incomplete applications and those with wrong or false information will summarily be rejected.
- The application forms duly filled in along with a crossed Demand Draft for Rs.1000/- (Rupees One thousand only) and in case of SC/ST candidates, Rs.500/- (Rupees Five hundred only) drawn in favour of “The Finance Officer, TANUVAS, Chennai-51” should be sent so as to reach the Registrar of the University before the prescribed time and date. Irrespective of the community, all the ates from other States/Union Territories will be treated under GT and need to pay Rs.1,000/- (One thousand only). Applications received after the due date shall stand rejected automatically. It is the responsibility of the candidates to ensure that their application reaches before the last date.
Application without Demand Draft will also be rejected.
- Persons who are already working in State or Central Government or any other organization should send their applications through proper channel / employer. TANUVAS is not responsible for any delay in receiving the applications through proper channel from the employer. Advance copies of the application reaching “The Registrar, Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Madhavaram Milk Colony, Chennai-600 051”, within the prescribed time limit will only be entertained. However, in such cases the candidates called for interview must produce no objection certificate or original applications duly forwarded by the competent authority, failing which he / she will not be allowed to attend the interview.
Please look for regular updates at www.tanuvas.ac.in For further Questions / Clarifications, if any shall be addressed only to firstname.lastname@example.org and no other means in this regard will be entertained.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last date for receipt of filled in applications along with registration fee is 30.07.2021 upto 5.00 p.m
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91-44-25551586/ 87, 25554555/ 56
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Tamilnadu Veterinary Animal Sciences University invites applications from eligible candidates for the Teaching faculty positions (Assistant Professor )
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.