Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
📅 Date of Advertisement: 21-06-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Government of India Notification dated 22nd July 1988 regarding revised pay scales stated that only those candidates who, besides fulfilling the minimum academic qualifications prescribed for the post of Assistant Professor / Lecturer, have qualified in a comprehensive test, to be specifically conducted for the purpose, will be eligible for appointment of Assistant Professor / Lecturer. UGC has recommended the introduction of test at entry level (Assistant Professor / Lecturer) in consultation with academicians and State education secretaries.
The test conducted by UGC and UGC/CSIR is referred as the National Eligibility Test (NET) while the equivalent test conducted by the State government is called State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) or State Eligibility Test (SET). Gujarat Government decided, in principle, to conduct SET vide Government of Gujarat Education Department Resolution No MIS-1092-New Item-10-dated 31/8/98.
On behalf of the Gujarat State, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara, the Nodal Agency, announces holding of the 15th Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET) on 26th December 2021 (SUNDAY) for determining the Eligibility of Gujarat state’s candidates for Assistant Professor in universities and colleges of Gujarat State in 23 subjects at 11 Centres spread across Gujarat state.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
|Subject Code||Subject Name||Medium of Question Paper||P. G. Course||P. G. Subject(S)|
|01||Mathematical Sciences||English||M.Sc./M.A./M.Tech. (Science)||Mathematics / Mathematical Science / Statistics / App. Maths./ Ind. Maths|
|02||Physical Sciences||English||M.Sc.||Physics/ Physical Science|
|03||Chemical Sciences||English||M.Sc.||Chemistry / Chemical Science|
|04||Life Sciences||English||M.Sc./M.Tech (Science)||Life Science / Botany 1 Zoology / Microbiology / Biotechnology / Biochemistry / Virology / Bioinformatics / Genetics|
|08||History||English & Gujarati||M.A.||History|
|09||Sociology||English & Gujarati||M.A.||Sociology|
|10||Economics||English & Gujarati||M.A.||Economics|
|11||Political Science||English & Gujarati||M.A.||Political Science / Politics|
|13||Education||English & Gujarati||M. Ed. / M. A.||Education|
|14||Psychology||English & Gujarati||M.A.||Psychology|
|15||Library and Information Science||English & Gujarati||M. Lib./ M.Lis.||Library and Information Science|
|16||Law||English & Gujarati||LL. M.||Law|
|17||Commerce||English & Gujarati||M. Com.||Commerce|
|18||Management||English||M. B. A. Or Equivalent Degree||Management|
|19||Computer Science and Application||English||M.C.A/M.Sc. M.C.S/M.E. / M. Tech or Equivalent Degree||Computer Science and Application|
|20||Earth Sciences||English||M.Sc.||Geology / Geoinformatics|
|21||Physical Education||English & Gujarati||M. P. Ed.||Physical Education|
|23||Home Science||English & Gujarati||M.Sc. / M.A.||Home Science|
|25||Social Work||English & Gujarati||M.S.W/ M.A.||Social Work|
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Condition of Eligibility
• Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master’s degree in a subject of GSET.
• The Reservation policy for GSET examination is as per the Gujarat Government. Central Government OBC certificate is not acceptable from the candidates belonging to SEBC of Gujarat State.
• The candidates of other States, i.e. other than Gujarat State, belonging to reserved category shall be treated as General category candidates.
• The candidates having Post Graduate diploma / certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or Foreign degree / diploma / certificate awarded by the Foreign University / Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma / degree / certificate, with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi (www.aiu.ac.in) ( Such candidates who qualify SET will be required to submit equivalence certificate from AIU, immediately after the result of the SET examination)
• General/Unreserved/General-EWS candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree or equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC (available on the website: www.ugc.ac.in in Sciences, Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications are eligible for GSET Examination. The Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) belonging to Non-Creamy Layer / Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / PwD (PH – Physically Handicapped / VH -Visually Handicapped) / Third gender category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for GSET
• Candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or equivalent course or Candidates who have appeared for their qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for GSET Examination. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be
considered eligible for eligibility of Assistant Professor only after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / SC / ST /PwD(PH/VH) / Third gender category candidates). Such candidates must complete their
Master’s degree examination within two years from the date of declaration of result of GSET Examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.
• Candidates belonging to Third gender category would be eligible to draw the same relaxation in fee, age and qualifying criteria for GSET as are available to SC/ST categories. The subject wise cutoffs for this category should be the lowest among those for SC/ST/PwD(PH/VH)/SEBC–NCL categories in the corresponding subject.
• The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the GSET Examination.
• The candidates must have Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of GSET.
Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.
• Candidates are neither required to send any certificate / documents in support of their eligibility nor printout of their Application Form to Gujarat State Eligibility Test office, Vadodara. However, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for GSET Examination. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET / UGC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, the GSET certificate will be withdrawn and they shall be liable for legal action.
• Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PwD(PH/VH) / SEBC (Cast Certificate along with latest Non – Creamy Layer certificate), / General-EWS category must possess Valid Category Certificate issued by competent authority of Gujarat state and certificates related to PwD(PH/VH). Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for GSET
Examination. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by GSET / UGC at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled, GSET certificate will be withdrawn and they shall be liable for legal action.
• Candidates should note that their candidature is provisional. The mere fact that Online Application Form and Examination Fee is accepted and Hall Ticket issued to a candidate will not imply that GSET Agency has accepted his / her candidature. Their candidature will be deemed final only upon verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the claims made in their application, after the result of GSET Examination. In the event a candidate being found ineligible at any stage for the
award due to any reason (including unintentional computer error or printer’s devil etc.), he / she will be declared as not-qualified in GSET Examination and GSET certificate will be withdrawn.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE
₹ As Per Norms
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
The candidates must read the ‘ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA’ carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for GSET Examination before filling the online application and depositing examination fee. Before applying Online, candidates are advised to go through detailed Information Bulletin available at GSET website.
The candidates must read the ‘ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA’ carefully and must satisfy themselves regarding their eligibility for GSET Examination before filling the Online Application Forms. The Application form will be available only online on the website: http://www.gujaratset.in
Candidate has to visit the GSET website : www.gujaratset.ac.in and provide Order Number and Sbiepay Reference ID to “LOGIN” his / her account for filling up the Application Form for GSET Examination by clicking “Apply Online” button available under candidate’s Login Account.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
- Fee Collection (Step – I) 21 June 2021 to 21 July 2021
- Online Registration (Step – II) 21 June 2021 to 21 July 2021
- Date of Examination Sunday, 26th December 2021 ***
*** The Date of Examination is tentative and subject to change.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
E-Mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Gujarat State Eligibility Test invites online applications from eligible candidates for Teaching faculty positions (Assistant Professor)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Disclaimer: Faculty Tick tries to keep the information on its website accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee that information may always be up-to date. But We try to ensure that the information we post on facultytick.com is accurate.
If you see something on the website that needs correction or updation in webpage, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org