Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 18-06-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
CEPT University, established in 1962, is focused on understanding, designing, planning, constructing, and managing human habitat. Its teaching programs are designed to build thoughtful professionals and its research programs aim to deepen the understanding of human habitat. CEPT University also undertakes advisory projects to further the goal of making habitats more livable. Faculties at the University function as a collaborative of full-time faculty members and highly engaged practitioners who share teaching and institutional responsibilities. The University comprises five faculties. The Faculty of Architecture was established as the ‘School of Architecture’ in 1962. It focuses on design in the private realm. The Faculty of Planning, focused on planning in the public realm, was established in 1972 as the ‘School of Planning’. The Faculty of Technology, which concentrates on engineering and construction, was established in 1982 as the ‘School of Building Science and Technology’. The Faculty of Design was established in 1991 as the ‘School of Interior Design’. It deals with habitat related interiors, crafts, systems, and products. Faculty of Management was established in 2013 and it focuses on Habitat and Project Management.
CEPT University invites applications for the position of Adjunct Associate Professor / Professor & Program Chair for Building Products & Systems, Faculty of Design at CEPT University. The position is intended for individuals pursuing academic careers who have teaching experience and whose creative work in academic study, design/research work, or professional practice, or a combination thereof, indicates that they have a promising future in their academic career.
The University is looking for professionals, who possess excellent managerial, spoken and written communication skills, leadership quality, academic expertise, teaching & training skills with an understanding of various teaching processes at the University level.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION / DEPARTMENT
- Adjunct Associate Professor / Professor & Program Chair for Building Products & Systems
🎯 DEPARTMENT / SPECIALIZATION
- Faculty of Design
🏫 ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching and Planning of Studios / lectures under the guidance of the Dean.
- Working in developing exercises as a core working group member.
- To oversee the functioning of running program for Building Products & Systems and to monitor regular progress towards achieving institutional work as plan set out, and to facilitate the management of the faculty.
- To provide leadership in curriculum development, design of courses, and innovations in the delivery of teaching in the discipline.
- Support the Dean in Faculty recruitment and training.
- To continually improve academic standards and to make a distinguished contribution to teaching and research.
- Should work as a proactive member to strengthen FD team under the leadership of the Dean.
- Budgeting the program expenditure and maintaining the same.
- Willing to take new challenging tasks given by the Dean in any areas of learning.
- Any other role as defined by the Job Title of a “Program Chair” in CEPT University Guidelines.
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree / Doctoral Degree Or Equivalent Qualification in Industrial Design (Product Design) from a reputed institute.
|POSITION||MINIMUM EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATION|
|Bachelor’s Degree||Master’s Degree||Doctoral Degree|
|Professor||10 years’ teaching + 8 years mixed||10 years’ teaching + 5 years mixed||10 years’ teaching|
|Associate Professor||5 years’ teaching + 8 years mixed||5 years’ teaching + 5 years mixed||5 years’ teaching|
- Should have academic experience in teaching product design both in lecture as well as studio formats.
- Should be very patient and have empathy towards students
- Will require excellent managerial skills and an ability to integrate the new methods of teaching and mentoring with an on-going pedagogy.
- Ability to induct and attract new faculties along with creating a collegial environment.
- Should have the experience of curriculum development of courses and studios at various levels of the undergraduate and postgraduate program in the field of Industrial Design.
- Should have experience in implementing changes / improvements in the curriculum both at Faculty and University level.In addition to technical capabilities, expertise in developing a critical understanding of the scope of the profession.
- Should be able to engage Practicing Professionals & Industry Leader in the teaching activities of the program.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE
₹ The salary will be the standard TA hourly rates as applicable
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
- Resume / CV (including names of 3 references).
- Please mention current and expected emoluments and perquisites.
Last date is 30-Jun-2021. The salary and benefits will match with the best practices.
Priority consideration will be given to applications received by 30-Jun-2021, although the review process will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Interested Internal candidates may also submit their applications through their Dean/HODs
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date for receiving applications is On or Before 30-Jun-2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
CEPT University invites online applications from eligible candidates for the Position of Adjunct Associate Professor / Professor & Program Chair for Building Products & Systems, Faculty of Design
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.