Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
NON TEACHING RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 15-06-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
IIT KHARAGPUR AI4ICPS I HUB FOUNDATION (AI4ICPS) is the Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) for Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (ICPS), established by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur under the aegis of the National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems (NM-ICPS) of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
AI4ICPS is a not for profit entity, not a degree awarding institution, incorporated pursuant to Section 8 of Companies Act, 2013. It is located in Kharagpur, West Bengal, India within the campus of IIT Kharagpur. It is initially supported by a Grant in Aid by DST for a period of 5 years, following which it is mandated to become financially self-sustaining.
AI4ICPS focuses on technology innovation in AI and ML for intervention to ICPS across industry sectors on healthcare, precision agriculture and nutritional security, manufacturing, energy, transportation, environment and pollution, communication technology, education, judiciary and legal. We are aligned with the national network of all the Technology Innovation Hubs to research and develop new knowledge, technology solutions, technology transfer, skill human resource and build a salubrious eco-system for entrepreneurship to enable the nation become a global industrial power center of ICPS.
It is established with the objective of translating academic research resulting in pre-/prototypes at Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 3 to TRL7 ready scalable products and processes for the Industry. This is enabled through the Industry – TIH – Academia co-working Product Engineering Group (PEG). We address technology innovation challenges primarily in the areas of AI and ML for meeting the requirements of current age and future ready ICPS for India and the world. Read more on www.ai4icps.in
AI4ICPS is the Technology Innovation Hub on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems, established by I IT Kharagpur as a section 8 (not for profit) Company. We are looking for dynamic individuals with a strong bias for action for the roles of Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Chief Innovation Officer (CIO), Engineering Managers, Project Engineers, Technical Support Executive, Legal Associate, Accountant, Executive Secretary.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Chief Innovation Officer (CIO)
- Engineering Managers
- EM – AI Cloud Hardware Stack
- EM – AI Cloud Software Stack
- Project Engineers
- a) PE – AI and ML
- b) PE – Cloud Technology
- c) PE – Computer Networking
- d) PE-Embedded Systems and ESDM
- Technical Support Executive
- Legal Associate
- Executive Secretary
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Job Responsibility: The CEO is at the helm of operating the Hub to achieve its objectives and expected to play a pivotal leadership role in establishing the Hub by
☆ setting a milestone driven roadmap for AI4ICPS to fulfil its mandate and achieve financial self-sustainability, based on the outline laid in the Detailed Project Report (DPR) submitted to NM-ICPS
☆ facilitating collaboration among all stakeholders (professors and students from IIT Kharagpur and other universities, technical staff of the hub, industrial partners and start-ups) to fulfil the mission of the hub
☆ conceptualizing and executing various programs to foster innovation, entrepreneurship and startups and technology transfer, scout for investing in and supporting new startups, and
☆ coordinating product development, project management, business development, finance and general administration of the hub, among others
☆ implement a roadmap for generating revenues to make AI4ICPS financially self sustainable beyond the initial Grant-in-Aid period of 5 years,
☆ ideate and suggest to the Hub Governing Body (HGB) and Board of Directors of the Hub on innovative prospects to be explored for independence and sustainability
☆ establish the staff structure at the Hub and recruit manpower as needed for its operations.
Qualification: B. Tech / B. E. / M.Sc. degree from an IIT or educational institution of similar repute. An advanced degree in management post the basic qualification is preferred.
Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Job Responsibility: The CTO is expected to play a pivotal role in establishing the Hub by helming the Product Engineering Group (PEG), facilitate collaboration between academic and industrial partners towards achieving financial self-sustainability for the Hub by forming and leading a team of technology managers and product engineers to develop, commercialize and maintain key technologies, among others.
Qualification: PhD in EECS from IITs/IISc or reputed University with 2+ years Industry experience OR M. Tech / MS / equiv. in EECS from IITs/IISc or reputed University with 5+ years Industry experience. Exceptional Candidates with B.Tech. degrees with a proven track record as CTO or Technology Managers in AI+ML sector shall also be considered.
Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Job Responsibility: The COO is the administrative and secretarial in-charge of the Hub and expected to administer financial, legal, contracting, HR, secretarial activities for enabling the offices of CEO, CIO and CTO to fulfil their mandates.
Qualification: MBA in HR/ Finance/ Organizational Management/ Operations with 1st class and minimum 7 years experience in administrative leadership roles in reputed technology development organizations. Exceptional candidates with non-management degrees with a proven track record of 10 years or more as COO in AI+ML Technology sector companies shall also be considered.
Chief Innovation Officer (CIO)
Job Responsibility: The CIO is expected to lead the Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Startup Ecosystem development, the HRD and Skill development efforts of the Hub by conceptualizing and executing programs on grand challenges, seed support for startups, academic fellowships, among others.
Qualification: PhD or Masters degree in EECS from IITs/IISc or reputed university with minimum 10 years experience in commercialization of technology (as startup founder or as venture capitalist or equivalent in a research organization) in the AI+ML sector. Exceptional candidates with a Bachelor’s degree with proven experience will also be considered.
Job Responsibility: At the AI4ICPS we are building a MVP to make AI accessible as a web browser clickable and easily adoptable service. These shall include Cloud Computing and Services, AI Cloud, AI Compute as a Service, Cyber-Physical System as a Service. We are scouting for a highly skilled professional with experience in a similar role to supervise a team of Project Engineers in building the AI Cloud Hardware Stack and the AI Cloud Software Stack.
Qualification: PhD in EECS from IITs/IISc or reputed University with 1+ years of Industry experience. M. Tech / MS / equiv. in EECS from IITs/IISc or reputed University with 5+ years Industry experience. Exceptional candidates with B.Tech. degrees with a proven track record as Engineering/Technology Managers in AI+ML or HPC and servers, ESDM sector shall also be considered.
Job Responsibility: At the AI4ICPS we are building a MVP to make AI accessible as a web browser clickable and easily adoptable service. These shall include Cloud Computing and Services, AI Cloud, AI Compute as a Service, Cyber-Physical System as a Service. This role will be part of a team of Engineers in building the AI Software Stack for the Cloud and the AI Hardware Stack.
Qualification: M.Tech./M.S. in EECS with about 2+ year experience or B.Tech. in EECS with 3+ years experience.
Technical Support Executive
Job Responsibility: The Technical Support Executive is expected to assist the product engineers in electro-mechanical system design and developing embedded hardware prototypes.
Qualification: Diploma in mechatronics, fitting, 3D printing or B.E. / B. Tech. / BSc (Electronics)/ AMIE with focus on mechatronics and robotics. 2+ years experience in reputed organizations
Job Responsibility: Legal Associate: The Legal Associate is expected to assist the GM – Secretarial and Legal in drawing and closing contracts, comply with Company Laws, respond to RTI, helping start ups with legal compliance, among others.
Qualification: LLB/LLM with specialization in Corporate law with 1+ year experience in corporate law firms.
Job Responsibility: The Accountant is expected to be responsible for maintaining the financial accounts of the TIH, handling purchases and tendering, taxation of employees at source, financial compliance filing, carrying out internal audits, among others.
Qualification: M.Com with 1+ year in experience or B.Com with 3+ years experience in accounting in reputed firms.
Job Responsibility: The Executive Secretary (Corporate and Technical Communications) is expected to play a pivotal and dynamic role in terms of engaging with various academic and industry partners, creating and disseminating digital content about the TIH and its technical activities in social and other forms of media, and maintaining a dynamic, robust, responsive and engaging online presence of the TIH.
Qualification: MA/BA/MSc/BSc or equivalent in Mass Communication/ English/ Comparative Literature or similar disciplines. Minimum two years of similar work experience in a reputed organization.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Rs. 2,50,000 to 3,00,000 per month
- Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Rs. 1,60,000 to 1,80,000 per month
- Chief Operating Officer (COO) Rs. 1,60,000 to 1,80,000 per month
- Chief Innovation Officer (CIO) Rs. 1,60,000 to 1,80,000 per month
- Engineering Manager (EM) Rs. 1,20,000 to 1,50,000 per month
- Project Engineer (PE) Rs. 40,000 to 50,000 per month
- Legal Associate Rs. 40,000 to 50,000 per month
- Accountant Rs. 25,000 to 35,000 per month
- Technical Support Executive (TSE) Rs. 25,000 to 35,000 per month
- Executive Secretary (ES – Corporate and Technical Communication) Rs. 25,000 to 35,000 per month
💺 JOB LOCATION
Kharagpur, West Bengal
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur Online applications are invited from excellent academic record and relevant work experience for recruitment to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Chief Innovation Officer (CIO), Engineering Managers, Project Engineers, Technical Support Executive, Legal Associate, Accountant, Executive Secretary.
- Minimum requirement of experience may be relaxed in respect of outstanding candidates. Degrees obtained by the candidate should have been awarded by a recognized University / Institute. Mere eligibility will not vest any right on any candidate for being called for an interview. The decision of the Company in all matters will be final. No correspondence will be entertained from the candidates in connection with the process of selection/interview. AI4ICPS reserves the right to call for interviews only those candidates shortlisted on the basis of their qualification, experience and requirements. AI4ICPS reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised. Persons employed in Government / Quasi Government Organizations should submit their application through proper channels. Any dispute with regards to the selection / recruitment will be subject to Courts / Tribunals having jurisdiction at Kharagpur. AI4ICPS does not engage any 3rd party recruiter / agency for this recruitment. The Company reserves the right to relax experience in exceptional cases.
- The duration of contract: Initially for 3 year with periodic review based performance linked appraisal of compensation, and extendable on annual review for another 2 years or as decided by the HGB/Board of Directors.
- Candidates applying for more than one post should apply separately for each post.
- Employer: IIT KHARAGPUR AI4ICPS I HUB FOUNDATION (CIN: U73100WB2020NPL241238) is the Technology Innovation Hub on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems, incorporated pursuant to section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013.
- Location: Kharagpur, West Bengal, India
- Eligibility of a candidate and satisfaction of any other Short-listing criteria shall be considered as on the last date of the submission of online application i.e. 10.07.2021.
- Candidates possessing requisite qualification and experience are required to apply online (link : https://forms.gle/rdpVNz9R7UkmYh2n8 ) on or before 10.07.2021.
- No hard copy application is to be submitted. No email application is to be submitted.
- NO INTERIM ENQUIRIES WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
- For any other details please contact Prof. Sudeshna Sarkar (Project Director AI4ICPS) and Dr. Debdoot Sheet (Joint Project Director AI4ICPS), Email: email@example.com
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date is for Application 10.07.2021.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
AI4ICPS is the Technology Innovation Hub on Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Interdisciplinary Cyber-Physical Systems, established by IIT Kharagpur as a section 8 (not for profit) Company. We are looking for dynamic individuals with a strong bias for action for the roles of Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Chief Innovation Officer (CIO), Engineering Managers, Project Engineers, Technical Support Executive, Legal Associate, Accountant, Executive Secretary.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.