Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
NON TEACHING RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 10-06-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The Indian National Congress at its XVII Session of December 1901 passed a resolution stating that “in view of the fact that the tendency of recent legislation namely, The Indian Mines Act VII of 1901, is that all Indian mines must be kept under the supervision of mining experts, the Congress is of opinion that a Government College of Mining Engineering be established in some suitable place in India on the models of the Royal School of Mines in England, Mining Colleges of Japan and at other places in the continent”. The McPherson Committee formed by Govt. of India, recommended the establishment of an institution for imparting education in the fields of Mining and Geology, whose report, submitted in 1920, formed the main basis for establishment of the Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad.The Indian School of Mines was formally opened on 9th December 1926, by Lord Irwin, the then Viceroy of India to address the need for trained manpower related to mining activities in the country with disciplines of Mining and Applied Geology. In 1967 it was granted the status of a deemed to be university under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956. Since its establishment, IIT(ISM) has undergone considerable expansion of its activities, and presently it can be considered as a total technology education institute.
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad [IIT (ISM) Dhanbad] has been entrusted for the
establishment of a mining technology innovation hub under the National Mission for Interdisciplinary CyberPhysical Systems (NMICPS). As mandated under the framework of National Mission on Interdisciplinary CyberPhysical Systems (NM-ICPS) by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, Technology Innovation Hub (TIH) at IIT (ISM) is aimed at becoming the nodal center heading the innovation activities in Exploration and Mining.
In order to carry out the activities of TIH, a section 8 SPV has been established in the name of TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION IN EXPLORATION AND MINING FOUNDATION (TexMin) at IIT (ISM). The section 8 company will work as an umbrella body to nurture and promote the objectives and activities of TIH in Exploration & Mining in the framework of NM-ICPS, DST, GoI. TexMin Hub is financially supported by DST, GoI for a period of five years. The Hub is to be governed by its Hub Governing Body (HGB).
TexMin is looking for a dynamic Executive Director (Innovation & HRD) to assist the Project Director and CEO of the company in implementing the TIH objectives in a time bound manner. The details of the post are as under
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Executive Director (Innovation & HRD)
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
• First Class undergraduate Engineering/Technology degree preferably in Mining/CSE/Electronics/Mechanical/Electrical Engg. from a leading engineering institute.
• Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology from recognized university/institute of repute with good track record (preferably from IITs/similar institutions).
• At least 8 years of working experience in technology business sectors in Incubation, and entrepreneurship related activities.
• Experience in entrepreneurship promotion, and commercialization
• Good understanding of Industry – Academia ecosystem
• A successful senior level innovative executive looking for a change for contributing to the mission of Atmnribhar Bharat.
• Effective communication, inter-disciplinary skills, Collaboration/Partnership, Organizational Development and Planning.
• Commanding respect, ability to interact comfortably with eminent and senior academicians, professionals, students, collaborators, and other stakeholders.
• Should be willing to travel extensively.
• Good at multitasking and working with diverse teams
Job Description Executive Director of TexMin will be responsible for the following:
• Building nurturing innovation and start-up ecosystem.
• Identifying opportunities for providing capacity building, training and financial support to promising talent and start-ups
• Facilitate new initiatives for incubation service offerings to entrepreneurs and start-ups.
• Interacting with outside collaborators for promoting the Innovation & Entrepreneurial activities, focusing on commercialization of technologies and processes developed by start-ups.
• Planning and organizing symposiums, workshops, hackathons, boot camps, Ideation challenge, grand challenges etc.
• Facilitating identification and selection of suitable students/candidates for various fellowships, sponsorships and grants under TIH
• Facilitating liaisons between academia and industry for curriculum development, trainings etc.
• Undertaking documentation for preparation of various reports
• Putting in appropriate project management systems for various projects
• Maintain account of inflows and outflows in various projects
• Executive Director will report to the CEO of TexMin/Project Director
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
• Consolidated pay of INR 15 – 18 Lakhs per year. There may be performance link payment.
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Prospective candidates are required to submit a copy of their detailed biodata containing their photograph, enclosing copies of the relevant supporting documents regarding age, essential qualification, experience, desirable profile etc. through email firstname.lastname@example.org within the due date.
• The shortlisted candidates will be informed through emails for attending the interview in online mode.
• The candidates are also required to bring the original certificates and supporting documents for verification at the time of joining.
• The posts are purely temporary and co-terminus with the completion of the tenure of the candidate, however continuation of the person in TexMin is subjected to his/her satisfactory performance.
• For further details candidates may contact Prof. Dheeraj Kumar, Project Director, TexMin Hub, IIT (ISM), Dhanbad [email: email@example.com | M: 9431711199]
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The Last Date for Application Submission is on or before June 23, 2021, 5:00 P.M
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Online applications are invited from excellent academic record and relevant work experience for recruitment to the Executive Director (Innovation & HRD) post
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.