Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
NON TEACHING RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 02-06-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam (IIMV) belongs to the prestigious IIM family of business schools. It is a new generation IIM, set up by the Government of India in September 2015. The Indian Institutes of Management Act 2017 declares IIMs as Institutions of National Importance, empowered to attain standards of global excellence in management, management research and allied areas of knowledge. IIM Visakhapatnam is located in its temporary, but state-of-the-art facility in the salubrious Andhra University campus in the ‘City of Destiny’, Visakhapatnam. The Institute has begun the process for building a permanent, full-fledged, word-class campus on approx. 230 acres of land in the (relative) vicinity of the upcoming green-field international airport, about 25 kilometres from the present (temporary/transit) campus. The first phase of the new facility is expected to be functional by 2021.
Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam invites applications from eligible candidates for the following Media & Public Relations Professional position on Contract Basis for a period of One year.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Media & Public Relations Professional
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Media & Public Relations Professional
- Educational Qualifications:
• Essential: A first-class (or equivalent) Graduate degree in any of these: Communications, Marketing Communications, Journalism, Media Studies from a UGC/AICTE recognized institution
• Excellent knowledge of English, Hindi, and Telugu (speaking, reading, and writing)
• Essential: More than 5 years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Digital Marketing and/or Media Studies in the English language, of which at least 2 years should be in an independent role managing media and public relations in organizations of repute, preferably higher educational institutions.
• Proven expertise and experience in working with digital and social media platforms.
• Proven experience in dealing with public affairs.
• Demonstrable performance in creative, imaginative, and innovative work.
• Good proficiency in the use of computers especially MS Office tools and Web-design tools and techniques
• Not more than 40 years as on closing date of applications.
|Understanding||• Gain a sound understanding of the Institution’s Vision & Mission; Strengths & Stakeholders; Culture & Ethos; Purposes, Principles & Practices; Programs & Research; Outputs & Outcomes|
|Social Media||• Maintain and manage social media handles responsibly|
|Advertising & Publicity||• Devise and implement creative campaigns towards enhancing the brand and image of the Institute|
|Student Activities||• Work with and facilitate showcasing the activities and accomplishments of the students in the media|
|Media Coverage||• Ensure good coverage for the activities/events of the Institute, visits by dignitaries, guest/special lectures etc. in the media (local and national; English, Hindi & Telugu)|
|Designing Digital media campaign posters/ flyer||• Help activity heads/faculty to bring out academic and executive education program Digital media campaign posters/flyers with attractive designs |
• Working knowledge of creative content and web development tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Canva, Coraldraw etc. is must.
|Institute Publications||• Assist the Institute in documenting and bringing out good quality publications, newsletters, information booklets etc. with creative designs, imaginatively and innovatively|
|Key Stakeholder Contacts||• Compile and maintain up-to-date information on key stakeholders (e.g., alumni of the Institute from academic and executive education programs, recruiters etc.) and facilitate/ensure strong networking through regular contacts, interaction/meets|
|Relations with external stakeholders||• Deal with public and media representatives, relevant print, broadcast, and online journalists, government and non-government functionaries and ensure Institute’s goodwill and good relations at all times|
|Liaising||• Liaise with the representatives or authorities concerned (internal and external to the Institute) and manage public affairs efficiently and effectively|
|Performance Monitoring||• Measure and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of various communication initiatives – outlays vs. outputs and outcomes |
• Brief journalists as required and draft reactive statements and letters to editors.
|Benchmarking||• Benchmark the outputs and outcomes of the Institute on the media/communications front vis-a-vis those of comparable institutions |
• Maintain visibility and consistency of the brand.
|Other responsibilities||• Carry out such other tasks as may be assigned by the competent authority, to showcase the strengths and performance of the Institute;|
• Enhance the image and identity, prestige and popularity, brand and visibility of the Institute as a professional, socially responsible, public purpose institution committed to nation-building.
• Respond, or ensure that appropriate person(s) respond, to enquiries received from press or public.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Media & Public Relations Professional As Per Norms
💺 JOB LOCATION
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
📝 HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates are invited to apply using the prescribed format only, available on the website (www.iimv.ac.in/careers). Applications not conforming to the format are liable to be rejected.
- Filled-in, signed and scanned (pdf/word format) applications should be sent by e-mail only to email@example.com
- No supporting documents (copies evidencing educational qualifications, experience, etc.) are required at this stage.
- Applications should be complete in all respects. Additional sheets as needed may be used and referenced suitably.
- All information furnished MUST be based on supporting documentation (which will be called for, only from short-listed candidates). Incomplete/incorrect/sketchy and unsigned applications are liable to be rejected. Applications received in any other format will not
- Last date for receiving the application is 17-Jun-2021 (Thursday) by 16:00 Hrs.
- Applications received after last date and time will not be considered.
- The Institute is not responsible for any delay in submission of the application.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last Date for application Submission is 17-Jun-2021 (Thursday) by 16:00 Hrs.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91 891-282 4444
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
The Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam invites applications from eligible candidates for Media & Public Relations Professionals positions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
🔔Get Free Job Alerts in Your Email – Subscribe Now
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.