Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE INSTRUCTORS RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 24-04-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur is one of the thirty National Institutes of Technology in the country. The Govt. of India conferred on the Institute, the Deemed to be University status (under University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956)) with effect from 26th June 2002. Subsequently, the Central Govt. by Act of Parliament (National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007 (29 of 2007)) declared VNIT Nagpur as an Institute of National Importance along with all other NITs. The Act was brought into force from 15th August 2007. Earlier, the Institute was known as Visvesvaraya Regional College of Engineering (VRCE). It was established in the year 1960 under the scheme sponsored by Govt. of India and Govt. of Maharashtra. The college was started in June 1960 by amalgamating the State Govt. Engineering College functioning at Nagpur since July 1956. In the meeting held in October 1962, the Governing Board of the College resolved to name it after the eminent engineer, planner, and statesman of the country Sir M.Visvesvaraya.
Applications for two posts of PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE INSTRUCTORS are invited from highly Skilled, Programming Language C++ and/or PYTHON, Algorithms and Data Structures teachers who have graduated from recognized University with first class (CPI 6.75 or equivalent percentage & above). The candidates with postgraduate degree in Computer Science and Engineering/Technology and allied Branches with minimum three years of teaching experience of the above programming skills and excellent teaching skills with good spoken English will be preferred. He/She should have good class control in online and offline mode, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills will be added advantages. The engagement is purely on
contract basis and for a period of six months extendable by another six months depending on performance every year
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Programming Language Instructors
🎯 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job Responsibilities, terms and conditions for the post of Placement Assistant:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Essential duties and responsibilities include, and are not strictly limited to, the following:
1) To teach either C++, PYTHON and Algorithms and Data structures to ug or pg students in online or offline mode as required.
2) To support the design, modification and execution of the C++, PYTHON and Algorithms and Data structures curriculum as and when required and/or suggested.
3) To set papers and evaluate the students for the same by conducting tests/exams as suggested by the authoriies and report the scores/credits to the training and placement section for maintaining confidential records.
4) To coordinate with the institute training and placement team and study industry campus placement company representatives’ feedback after the campus selection process personally, offline and online and make the necessary changes in the curriculum and offered skills.
5) To interact with the industry campus placement teams and work out the advanced expectations/skills expected from the students in this domain.
6) To conduct VNIT students’ counselling on this topic if required.
7) To Support for maintaining evaluation records if required.
8) Incorporate the weekly students feedback suggestions for improvements.
9) To Coordinate the campus placement and interviews conduction process at the institute jointly with Placement, Executive, VNIT, Nagpur
10) To identify and report the non-attending or non performing students to the respective departments.
11) To follow established procedures and guidelines of the institute issued time to time.
12) The working hours (not more than 8 hours per day) will be subject to students’ availability, but typically between 9am to 7pm and might be even on Saturdays and Sundays. If the situation demands, he/she must be prepared to work on holidays and Saturday/Sundays as per the leave norms of the institute.
13) Other duties assigned, such as, coordination of different classes/batches, design of timetable etc time to time by competent authorities.
14) Should be available on phone as and when required for official duties.
15) Candidate should have good audio, video and internet facilities in order to work from home, as and when required.
16) The Instructors will be officially associated with Computer Science Department; but will have all the duties and responsibilities of the training and placement department.
17) The decision of Director VNIT Nagpur will be final in all respects
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Qualifications: Post Graduation in Computer Science/Engineering or Technology and allied Branches with command over spoken and written English.
Experience: Minimum 3 years Experience in teaching theory/Lab courses in Programming Language C++ and/or PYTHON, Algorithms and Data Structures.
Skills: Excellent Teaching and experimental skills in the said subjects, good English communication, Microsoft Office, word Excel, power point for offline/online teaching
🏆 PAY SCALE / REMUNERATION / SALARY / EMOLUMENT
₹ Remuneration payable is Rs. 45,000/- p.m. (consolidated)
📌 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
The eligible candidates, preferably below 50 years, shall apply in prescribed format mentioning Tel/Mob/Email ID. They should attach copies of certificates to substantiate qualifications, experience, skills if any and address the application to The Registrar, Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), South Ambazari Road, Nagpur – 440010, so as to reach the address on or before 28th April 2021. Details as regards to job responsibilities along with prescribed application form, can
be seen on VNIT web-site www.vnit.ac.in. Applications that are received late or are incomplete in any respect will not be considered. The institute reserves the right to short list the candidates to be called for interviews.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last Date of Application submission is on or before 28th April 2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📫 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.