Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
DIRECTOR RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
📅 Date of Advertisement: 13-04-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
COUNCIL OF NATIONAL INSTITUTES OF TECHNOLOGY, SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH (NITSER) – DIRECTOR RECRUITMENT 2021
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The Council of NITSER is the supreme governing body of India’s 31 National Institute of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur (West Bangal) and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs) as per provisions under Section 30 of the NITSER Act, 2007. As like the Council of IITs and modeled very much similarly to its IIT counterpart, the Council of NITSER consists of Chairperson-Board of Governors, Director of all NITs, IIEST and IISER along with the Government nominees from various sectors with the Minister of HRD, Govt. of India as its Chairperson and Secretary, Department of Higher Education as Vice – Chairperson of the Council of NITSER. The Council of NITSER is the highest decision making body and is answerable only to the Government of India. The Council is expected to meet regularly once in a year and take steps conducive for maximum growth of the NITs as whole in the near future.
The National Institutes of Technology (NITs) (Hindi: राष्ट्रीय प्रौद्योगिकी संस्थान), are a group of premier public engineering institutes of India. On their inception decades ago, all NITs were referred as Regional Engineering Colleges (RECs) and were governed by their respective state governments.
Applications are invited for filling up of the upcoming vacancies to the post of Director, one each, in National Institutes of Technology (NITs) located at Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Jalandhar (Punjab), Kurukshetra (Haryana), Rourkela (Odisha), Surat (Gujarat), Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu) and Mizoram. NITs are ‘Institutions of National Importance’ governed by the National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research (NITSER) Act, 2007 (29 of 2007).
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
🎯 NIT LOCATIONS
- National Institutes of Technology (NIT) Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh)
- National Institutes of Technology (NIT) Jaipur (Rajasthan)
- National Institutes of Technology (NIT) Jalandhar (Punjab)
- National Institutes of Technology (NIT) Kurukshetra (Haryana)
- National Institutes of Technology (NIT) Rourkela (Odisha)
- National Institutes of Technology (NIT) Surat (Gujarat)
- National Institutes of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu)
- National Institutes of Technology (NIT) Mizoram
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
The Director, being the academic as well as administrative head, is expected to be:
• A visionary with proven leadership qualities, administrative capabilities as well as teaching and research credentials.
• Having Ph.D. degree with first class degree at Bachelor’s and Master’s level in Engineering / Technology. In case of candidates who have obtained Ph.D. directly after B.E. / B.Tech., they should have obtained 1st class at Bachelor’s level in Engineering / Technology.
• The candidate shall be an eminent person in his / her field of specialization with an outstanding academic record throughout.
• The candidate shall have 15 years experience in Teaching / Industry / Research out of which 10 years must be at the level of Professor or above in a reputed educational Institute, Industry, Research Organizations.
• Preferably not more than 65 years of age as on the closing date of receipt of applications of this advertisement.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE
₹ The post carries a pay of Rs.2,10,000/- (Fixed) per month with Special Allowance of Rs.11,250/- and other usual allowances.
💺 JOB LOCATION
Allahabad (Uttar Pradesh) | Jaipur (Rajasthan) | Jalandhar (Punjab) | Kurukshetra (Haryana) | Rourkela (Odisha) | Surat (Gujarat) | Tiruchirappalli (Tamil Nadu) | Mizoram
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Appointment will be made from a panel of names recommended by a Committee constituted under the provisions of NITSER Act, 2007 and Statutes.
• Eligible / interested persons may apply ONLINE in the prescribed application form available at www.nitcouncil.org.in. Online application window shall be opened from 10.04.2021 to 10.05.2021 upto 12:00 midnight. Both dates are inclusive.
• Application once submitted cannot be altered / resubmitted, under any circumstances. Further, no request with respect to making changes in any data / particular entered by the candidate in the Online Application will be entertained, once the application is submitted successfully. Therefore, please keep all data / details ready before you start filling up the Application Online.
Online Applications are invited for filling up of vacancies to the posts of the Director, one each, in National Institute of Technology (NITs) located at Allahabad (Uttarpradesh), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Jalandhar (Punjab), Kurukshetra (Haryana), Rourkela (Odisha), Surat (Gujrat), Triruchirappali (Tamil Nadu) and Mizoram.
• The downloaded / online generated application form with duly self-attested supporting documents, such as relevant testimonials, certificates, enclosures etc. must be sent by Registered/Speed Post to the Under Secretary (NITs-I),
Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Room No.429 A, C –Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110115 on or before 20.05.2021, failing which, the candidature will not be considered.
• Persons employed in Government Departments / Autonomous Organisations / Public Sector Undertakings / Universities should send their application(s) together with Vigilance Clearance and No Objection Certificate from parent Organisation / Department together with their application.
• “Application for the post of Director in NIT, _ in response to advertisement F.No.35–1/2021–TS.III”, should be super-scribed on the envelope.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last date of Online Application submission is 10th May 2021 (till 12:00 Midnight)
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Barrister Mullah Colony, MNNIT Allahabad Campus, Teliarganj, Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh 211004, INDIA
National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Jawahar Lal Nehru Marg, Jhalana Gram, Malviya Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302017
National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Grand Trunk Road, Barnala – Amritsar Bypass Rd, Jalandhar, Punjab 144011
National Institutes of Technology (NIT), NIT, Mirzapur Part, Haryana 136119
National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Jindal Colony, Udit Nagar, Rourkela, Odisha 769001
National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Ichchhanath Surat- Dumas Road, Keval Chowk, Surat, Gujarat 395007
National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Tanjore Main Road, NH67, near BHEL, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu 620015
National Institutes of Technology (NIT), Chaltlang, Aizawl, Mizoram 796012
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Applications are invited for filling up of vacancies to the posts of the Director, one each, in National Institute of Technology (NITs) located at Allahabad (Uttarpradesh), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Jalandhar (Punjab), Kurukshetra (Haryana), Rourkela (Odisha), Surat (Gujrat), Triruchirappali (Tamil Nadu) and Mizoram. Last date of Online Application submission is 10th May 2021 (till 12:00 Midnight)
Click here to Download Notification
Click here to Download Detailed Advertisement
Click here to Apply Online
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Disclaimer: Faculty Tick tries to keep the information on its website accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee that information may always be up-to date. But We try to ensure that the information we post on facultytick.com is accurate.
If you see something on the website that needs correction or updation in webpage, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org