Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
NON TEACHING RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 21-03-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
VIT Vellore Institute of Technology was established with the aim of providing quality higher education on par with international standards. It persistently seeks and adopts innovative methods to improve the quality of higher education on a consistent basis.The campus has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with students from all corners of the globe. Experienced and learned teachers are strongly encouraged to nurture the students. The global standards set at VIT in the field of teaching and research spur us on in our relentless pursuit of excellence. In fact, it has become a way of life for us. The highly motivated youngsters on the campus are a constant source of pride. Our Memoranda of Understanding with various international universities are our major strength. They provide for an exchange of students and faculty and encourage joint research projects for the mutual benefit of these universities. Many of our students, who pursue their research projects in foreign universities, bring high quality to their work and esteem to India and have done us proud.
Applications are invited for the Post of University Librarian
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- University Librarian
🎯 JOB DESCRIPTION
The University Librarian will be responsible to manage, organize, evaluate and disseminate information, providing support to members of an academic community including students, researchers and Faculties. Provide strategic direction and leadership in advancing the University’s teaching and research mission through the adoption of emerging technologies. Library activities include leading the review, formulation and implementation of progressive library policies, practices, initiatives and processes to support the University’s mission.
- to foster a culture of service in support of University students, faculty & staff
- to serve as an ambassador for the library by developing partnerships with other academic research libraries, and regional and national library associations.
- to establish meaningful, measurable goals for organizational accomplishment, and develop a culture of accountability among direct reports.
- Plan and arrange to provide course integrated and stand-alone library instruction sessions for individuals and groups
- Develop and provide personalized and web-based services to the community.
- selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources
- ensuring that library services meet the needs of particular groups of users
- supporting independent research and learning
- contributing to academic course development and liaising with academic departments;
- coordinating and delivering information and digital literacy sessions
- creating, updating and managing electronic and printed information resources;
- assisting researchers with literature searches using databases, printed resources and the internet;
- keeping up to date with relevant professional developments in the library sector;
- Develop and manage cost-effective library and information services, technology and media
- Analyze and evaluate library and information services, technology and media service requirements
- Train library users to effectively search the Library catalogue, Internet and other electronic resources
- Train and supervise library technicians, assistants, other support staff, and volunteers
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
- MLIS /Ph.D with relevant library and academic experience
Proficient knowledge on
- library policies, procedures, methods, ethics and professional standards
- library programming standards
- computerized information database
- systems capabilities and information resources of the Internet and other electronic databases
- communication and presentation skills
- capability to prioritize your work and meet deadlines;
- organizational and self-management skills
- Experience with budgeting, financial management, and resource allocation.
- knowledge of key trends in library science, including the ability to evaluate emerging technologies
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
🏆 STIPEND / PAY SCALE / REMUNERATION / SALARY / EMOLUMENT
- As Per Norms
📌 JOB LOCATION
Bangalore & Delhi
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume along with relevant documents pertaining to the details of qualifications, experience and latest passport size photo through online http://careers.vit.ac.in
Eligible and interested candidates may submit an online application along with their updated Curriculum Vitae, copies of all the necessary certificates in support and passport size photograph.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last Date is Not Mentioned
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
University Librarian Recruitment 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.