Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
📅 Date of Advertisement: 02-03-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The idea of establishing a South Asian University (SAU) was mooted by the Prime Minister of India at the 13th SAARC Summit in Dhaka in 2005. The idea was for member countries to pool their resources for creation of a Centre of Excellence in the form of a University that would provide world-class facilities and professional faculty to students and researchers drawn from every country of the SAARC region.The Government of India established a Project Office of the SAU in the year 2008, of which Prof. GK Chadha, a former Vice Chancellor of the Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, was appointed the Chief Executive Officer. A SAARC Steering Committee comprising members from all SAARC countries was constituted to oversee the establishment of SAU. Various Inter-Governmental Task Forces were also constituted and entrusted the job of framing the Rules and Regulations to govern the University as also the Academic Structure and the Business Plan for the proposed University. All University documents prepared jointly by the SAU Task Forces were submitted to SAARC Secretariat and were approved in the 16th SAARC Summit held in Thimphu in 2010. The SAU Project Office was wound up and the South Asian University opened its door to students in August 2010. Currently, the University offers doctoral and master’s programs in seven areas: Applied Mathematics, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Development Economics, International Relations, Law and Sociology.
South Asian University (SAU) is an international University focused on postgraduate teaching & research, jointly established and funded by the eight SAARC countries. SAU is looking for one outstanding, highly qualified and experienced faculty member and two non-teaching staff.
To apply for a faculty position, applicants should be outstanding scholars whose research and teaching interests will expand or complement the existing academic programs of the University.
To apply for a non-academic position, applicants should be experienced professionals in the sought area of specialization.
Citizens of the eight SAARC Member States are especially encouraged to apply for these positions. Selected candidates from countries other than India will be sponsored for a work visa in India. Interested candidates may apply in the prescribed form.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Professor (Economics)
- Registrar – Grade I A
- Director (Admissions & Examinations) – Grade I B
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
- A Professor should be an eminent scholar with evidence of outstanding scholarship and international recognition.
- Essential Qualifications: Ph.D. degree from a recognized University/Institution; and Master’s Degree in relevant subject area with at least 60% marks or equivalent grade (for Science subjects); OR with at least 55% marks or equivalent grade (for Social Science and Humanities). Post-doctoral research and/or postgraduate teaching experience of at least 12 years (excluding the period spent for obtaining the research degree).
- Notes: (i) Post-Ph.D. experience will only be counted if the experience was not obtained while pursuing Ph.D. or other degrees, and was acquired on a regular confirmed position and/or regular full time contractual position with responsibilities of full-time teaching/ research. (ii) Experience of teaching at the undergraduate level will not be considered as relevant experience.
- Desirable Qualifications:
- High quality research publications in journals of repute.
- Experience in guiding doctoral research and a productive research group.
- For laboratory based research in sciences, proven ability to get research funding from National / International granting agencies.
- Other Provisions: Research and teaching experience during the period a candidate is registered for obtaining Ph.D. degree, will not be considered as relevant experience. However, if a candidate with an M.Phil / M.Tech degree was involved in the teaching of post-graduate courses as a regular faculty before enrolling for PhD degree, half of the period of such teaching experience will be considered as a relevant experience.
- Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience: Master’s degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent grades, plus at least 15 years related professional experience in progressively responsible positions in a University/large academic institution including at least 8 years as Deputy Registrar or above. Successful candidate must have thorough knowledge of and experience with policies, regulations and academic standards; ability to understand rules and regulations and apply them in varying circumstances; ability to manage web applications, complex administrative databases and technology-based management information systems; experience with management of an office and evaluation of employees; strong interpersonal skills; exceptional writing and speaking skills; strong ethical convictions and a commitment to quality service; and the ability to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Responsibilities: The Registrar will head the administrative team in the University and will be responsible for providing efficient, effective and expedient services needed on day-to-day basis for smooth running of the University. The Registrar will oversee the daily internal administration of the University, the management of all major activities, campus development works, the procurement of goods and services, the security and upkeep of all buildings, property and assets, the maintenance of administrative databases, and the supervision of all staff and student workers. He/she ensure the accuracy, integrity, consistency, objectivity, security and longevity of university records. In addition, when required, he/she will produce position papers and reports based upon information, data and records available within or outside the University, and perform other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
Director (Admissions & Examinations)
- Minimum Educational Qualifications and Experience: Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks or equivalent grades, plus at least 15 years related professional experience, of which 8 years as Deputy Registrar or in progressively responsible positions in a University/large academic institution. Successful candidate must have thorough knowledge of Admissions, transfer credit requirements, degree verification, pre-conduct and post-conduct examinations and graduation procedures and processes, transcripts, academic record-keeping, and the ability to use initiative, establish priorities and meet multiple deadlines. He/she must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively; exceptional writing and speaking skills; experience of using necessary computational tools, databases, web applications and technology based student information systems including good knowledge of examination software and result automation, strong ethical convictions and a commitment to quality service; and the ability to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff, PhD would be desirable.
- Desirable: Familiarity with establishment matters, particularly those relating to faculty, staff and student affairs. Qualifications and experience in modern management methods. PhD and/or adequate experience in the pre-conduct and post-conduct of University examinations or other comparable examinations and also in semester system, and ability to take organizational charge of meetings of the University.
- Responsibilities: The Director of Admissions & Examinations will be responsible for the whole range of activities associated with Admissions and examinations in the University. These include the recruitment and Admissions of students, the coordination of University-wide examinations and the graduation of students. The Director and his/her team will provide efficient, effective and expedient responses to queries from students, staff and external organizations; follow up with relevant parties in relation to prospective student enquiries, examinations and graduation as required; maintain accurate records; administer the printing, preparation, record-keeping and delivery of examination papers; and organize public events such as open days, promotional expos and convocation ceremonies. In addition, he/she will produce research data, analyses and reports as needed and perform other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE
- Professor (Economics) – One position – US$ 30,000 to 45,000 per annum
- Registrar – Grade I A: US$ 30,000 to 45,000 per annum. Preferred Maximum Age: 54 years as on 30-04-2021.
- Director (Admissions & Examinations) – Grade I B: US$ 27,000 to 40,000 per annum. Preferred Maximum Age: 54 years as on 30-04-2021.
Salary package being offered by SAU is highly attractive, compared to what teaching & non-teaching staffs are offered in Central or State Universities in India. Selected candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria of qualifications and experience will be offered a basic salary in the beginning of the pay range. Higher starting basic salary may be offered to candidates with significantly greater experience than the minimum required for the position. Salary fixation shall be as per the guidelines.
Visa: SAU will sponsor selected candidates, who are not citizens of India, for special SAU Visa from the Government of India.
💺 JOB LOCATION
New Delhi, Delhi
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Submission of Application
- Applications, along with all the requisite documents as mentioned in the application form must be submitted by post / courier to the following address: Acting President, South Asian University, Akbar Bhawan, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi- 110021, India.
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- The last date for receiving the applications is 30-04-2021 (Friday).
- Please read the instructions and general conditions before preparing and submitting the application form.
- The application form is a MS word document that may be filled on computer and printed out for signing and submission.
- Application Fee: A fee of US$ 20 or Indian Rs.1300/- for each application can be paid via online payment portal available on this website by using credit/debit card or net banking, OR via a bank draft for US$ 20 or INR 1300/- drawn in favour of “South Asian University”, New Delhi. The applicant must write his/her name and post applied for, on the reverse side of the bank draft.
- In career history, please fill only those positions that were held for at least 6 months.
- On the Publications page, please include those, and only those, research publications that were peer-reviewed. Please do not include abstracts, and articles submitted or under preparation. Magazine and newspaper articles should not be included.
- Under “honors, awards and distinctions”, please include only significant national and international recognitions. These would include Elected Fellowships of Prestigious Professional Academies, competitive scholarships, medals, orations, invited memberships to prestigious bodies, and consultancies. Please do not include paid memberships of professional bodies and memberships of internal bodies of the institution where you are working or are employed.
- Please note that the candidates who are currently employed will have to submit a no-objection certificate from their current employer. This no-objection certificate may be submitted along with the application form itself or at the latest, presented at the time of interview. However, it is not needed in case the applicant is currently employed in a private institution / organization. This certificate is to ensure that selected candidates will be relieved from their current positions without undue delay.
- Candidates, who wish to apply for more than one position, should fill up and send a separate application form for each position.
- The applications received in response to this advertisement will be scrutinized and only shortlisted candidates will be called for selection process. Merely fulfilling the requirements laid down in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for further participating in the selection process.
- No correspondence will be entertained from any ineligible and non-selected candidate. In all matters regarding eligibility, the selection process, the stages at which the scrutiny of eligibility is to be undertaken, documents to be produced for the selection process, assessment, prescribing minimum qualifying standards in the selection process, number of vacancies, communication of results, etc., the University’s decision shall be final and binding on the candidates and no correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained in this regard.
- The University reserves the right to:
- fix criteria for screening the applications so as to reduce the number of candidates to be called for interview;
- consider candidates who may not have applied formally for a position;
- offer the post at a level lower than that advertised, depending upon the qualifications, experience and performance of the candidates;
- draw reserve panel(s) against the possible vacancies in the future;
- modify / amend / reverse / relax / cancel any or all the provisions of the recruitment process at its discretion, even after publication of this advertisement, without assigning any reason thereof;
- not to fill up any or all the advertised posts;
- disqualify any candidate who indulges in canvassing of any kind;
- modify / withdraw / cancel any communication made to the candidate, in case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage before or after the issue of letter of appointment.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date for receiving the applications is 30-04-2021 (Friday).
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
VACANCIES — Teaching / Non-Teaching Positions
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Disclaimer: Faculty Tick tries to keep the information on its website accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee that information may always be up-to date. But We try to ensure that the information we post on facultytick.com is accurate.
If you see something on the website that needs correction or updation in webpage, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com