Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
📅 Date of Advertisement: 01-03-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Jagannath Barooah College is a premier institution of higher education located in Jorhat, a city with a rich cultural heritage and glorious historical background in the upper part of the Brahmaputra Valley of Assam. Since its inception in 1930, the college has already marched a long way and has celebrated its “Platinum Jubilee” in the year 2005. The institution has already been reaccredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) in 2011 and awarded “A” grade on the basis of its performance in the field of higher education. J. B. College has been selected by UGC as “College with Potential for Excellence”
Applications in prescribed format available in DHE website along with all supporting documents are invited for the post of Assistant Professors in the following subjects as per latest UGC norms.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
- Good Academic Record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale whenever grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreignuniversity.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC likeSLET/SET.
- Candidates who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the UGC (Minimum Standard and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree Regulation) 2009 shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for
recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is notconducted.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and master’s level for SC/ST/Differently-abled (both physically and visually) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching position. The eligibility marks of 50% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale whenever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including any gracemark.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. holders who have obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September1991.
- The period of time taken by candidates to acquire M.Phil. or Ph.D. Degree shall not be considered as teaching/research experience for appointment to the position.
- Reference date for acquiring qualification- candidate has to acquire qualifications as on the last date for submitting applications. Eligibility like M.Phil./Ph.D./Seminar
Papers/Publications can be acquired and submitted on the date of interview but not beyond.
- In-service candidates must apply through proper channel with NOC obtained from the concerned authority.
- Educational qualifications and selection procedure will be as per Govt. Office Memorandum No. AHE.407/2017/44, dated08-11-2018
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE
₹ As Per Norms
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Applications in prescribed format available in DHE website along with all supporting documents are invited for the post of Assistant Professors in the following subjects as per latest UGC norms. Application must reach the undersigned within 31st March 2021 up to 4 p.m. and must be accompanied by a Demand Draft of Rs. 2000/- (two thousand) only drawn in favour of
Principal, J.B. College, Jorhat, payable at Jorhat. No application will be entertained after the last date.
Interview schedule will be uploaded in the college website in due course
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date for receiving applications is On or Before 31st March 2021 up to 4 p.m
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Disclaimer: Faculty Tick tries to keep the information on its website accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee that information may always be up-to date. But We try to ensure that the information we post on facultytick.com is accurate.
If you see something on the website that needs correction or updation in webpage, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org