Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
VICE-CHANCELLOR RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 27-02-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), a vision of the Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is India’s first university focussed on transport-related education, multidisciplinary research and training. A Deemed to be University under the de Novo category, NRTI is specifically established to create a resource pool of best-in-class professionals for the railway and transportation sector.NRTI will offer multi-disciplinary programmes designed to cater to the needs of India’s transportation sector. The Institute will follow a demand-driven curriculum, while aligning with industry priorities. To ensure best-in-class delivery of education, NRTI will follow a highly experiential and unique inter-disciplinary pedagogical approach, that incorporates the latest technologies such as live classrooms and online programs, and is delivered by high-quality faculty with global exposure.
NRTI seeks to appoint an eminent scholar with an outstanding track record in academic leadership for the position of the Vice-Chancellor. It offers a unique opportunity to higher education leaders and institution builders for leading the foundation of an eminent institution which aspires to be known for its high quality of teaching, research, scholarship and professionalism in India and the world.
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
For consideration to the position of Vice-Chancellor, the applicant must:
- Be a strategic thinker and a visionary to be able to build and grow NRTI into a world-class university in terms of quality, scale and international recognition.
- Be a distinguished academician, preferably with international experience, with a minimum of ten years of experience as Professor in a university system or ten years of experience in an equivalent position in a reputed research and/or academic administrative organization, and a track-record of high performance in academic leadership roles.
- Have the highest level of competence, integrity, morals and institutional commitment.
- Have demonstrated experience in networking and collaboration with business and industry, government, research funding institutions, universities and institutions within and outside the country.
- Have a proven track record of quality teaching at post graduate level, research and publications in peer-reviewed journals, monographs, books and projects.
Other desirable qualifications and competencies expected for the position include:
- A PhD (doctorate) from a top ranked University globally or in India, in an area relevant to the programmes of NRTI
- Ability to represent and uphold the image of the University at national and international level and work in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity to and respect for diversity.
- Capacity to work under pressure and have firm, fair and transparent management ethics.
- Ability to attract and inspire high-quality academics, faculty and staff necessary to develop the University.
Age Limit: Preferably, not more than 65 years of age as on the closing date of receipt of applications of this advertisement.
Procedure for Appointment:
- The Selection Committee reserves the right to invite meritorious candidates who may not have applied in response to the advertisement to go through the selection process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interact with the Committee.
- Appointment will be made from a panel of names recommended by the Committee constituted for the purpose as per applicable regulations.
Note: Mere fulfilment of the above-mentioned qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview on basis of qualifications and experience higher than that of the minimum prescribed in the advertisement. Candidates should, therefore, furnish all the qualifications and experience possessed in the relevant field, over and above the minimum qualifications prescribed.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- The post is currently in Level 16 of 7th CPC Pay matrix and entitled to corresponding pay and allowances.
- NRTI aims to offer competitive benefits and progressive policies.
- The appointment will be for a term of five years or up to the age of 70 years, whichever is earlier.
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
- Application from interested eligible individuals in the prescribed proforma should be made online through the following link.
- If online application is not possible, a hard copy may be sent by Registered/Speed Post to:
The Dy. Director (Training),
Railway Board, Ministry of Railways,
Room No. 359-C, Rail Bhavan, New Delhi – 110001
- “Application for the post of Vice Chancellor, National Rail and Transportation Institute”, should be superscribed on the envelope/mentioned in the subject of the mail.
- Applications must reach latest by 11:00 hrs on 31.03.2021.
- The institute is not responsible for postal delays
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Applications must reach latest by 11:00 hrs on 31.03.2021.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Appointment of Vice Chancellor, National Rail & Transportation Institute (NRTI), Vadodara, Gujarat
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.