Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
NON TEACHING RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 23-02-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Established in 1958, the second of its kind, IIT Bombay was the first to be set up with foreign assistance. The funds from UNESCO came as Roubles from the then Soviet Union. In 1961 Parliament decreed the IITs as ‘Institutes of National Importance’. Since then, IITB has grown from strength to strength to emerge as one of the top technical universities in the world.The institute is recognized worldwide as a leader in the field of engineering education and research. Reputed for the outstanding calibre of students graduating from its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, the institute attracts the best students from the country for its bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes. Research and academic programmes at IIT Bombay are driven by an outstanding faculty, many of whom are reputed for their research contributions internationally.IIT Bombay also builds links with peer universities and institutes, both at the national and the international levels, to enhance research and enrich its educational programmes. The alumni have distinguished themselves through their achievements in and contributions to industry, academics, research, business, government and social domains. The institute continues to work closely with the alumni to enhance its activities through interactions in academic and research programmes as well as to mobilise financial support.
IIT Bombay invites application from Indian citizens having requisite qualification(s) and experience against a vacancy for four (4) positions of Senior Technical Officer (Scale-A) post in the following four areas
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Senior Technical Officer
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Software Engineering.
- Computer/ Networking/ Internet Services.
- Chemical Engineering
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Applicants with either of the following four sets of essential qualification(s) and mandatory experience can apply for any of the above mentioned four (4) positions of Senior Technical Officer (Scale-A) post in the corresponding areas:
- B.Tech. / B.E./ M.Sc. or an equivalent degree in Information Technology / Computer Science / Electronics or appropriate discipline with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade point average. Experience of 5 years in a technical / scientific post in Level 10 (56100-177500) and above or equivalent and demonstrated ability in end-to-end IT / Software Project Management including
preparation of software requirements, project plans, time estimates and deployment of large and medium scale projects.
Desirable: Experience in J2EE technology, and in managing projects for implementing enterprise level resource planning software, preferably in SAP. Experience in working closely with lateral units, senior management and external agencies for overall project management and planning activities, in addition to a sound practical knowledge of comprehensive human resource management.
- B.Tech. / B.E./ M.Sc. or an equivalent degree in Information Technology / Computer Science / Electronics or appropriate discipline with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade point average. Experience of 5 years in a technical / scientific post at Level 10 (Rs. 56100 – Rs. 177500), with demonstrated expert level practical knowledge of design and management of computer networking and IT services, including conceiving and executing medium to large scale projects.
Desirable: Ten years of work experience in senior leadership / architect role in computer networking or IT services with strong technical skills in open source technologies, designing and managing campus-wide wired and wireless network, centralised IT services and data centre that serve greater than ten thousand users. A postgraduate degree is also desirable.
- B. Tech. / B.E. or an equivalent degree in Chemical Engineering or Instrumentation Engineering, with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade point average. Experience of 5 years in a technical / scientific post in Level 10 (56100 – 177500) and above or equivalent and demonstrated ability of management of laboratory and operation of technical / scientific research facilities.
Desirable: Masters degree in chemical engineering or equivalent, with demonstrated exposure/ experience with instrumentation and maintenance of pilot-scale equipment as well as sophisticated assay and high-end equipment.
- B.Tech. / B.E. / M.Sc. or an equivalent degree in Material Science / Biotechnology / Chemical Engineering / Biology / Chemistry/ Physics, with a minimum of 55% marks or equivalent grade point average. Experience of 5 years in a technical / scientific post in Level 10 (56100 – 177500) and above or equivalent and demonstrated ability of management of laboratory and operation of technical / scientific research facilities.
Desirable: (i) Ph.D. degree in a relevant area. (ii) Expertise in operating high-end mass spectrometers like LCMS, HRMS & the analysis of measurement data and experience in leading teams of 2 or more analytical instrument operators, and proficiency in documenting technical
information, specifically preparation of standard operating procedures, training manuals and reports.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
Pay: Level 12 (Rs 78800 – Rs 209200)
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Applicants possessing the requisite qualification(s) and relevant experience may apply online at https://www.iitb.ac.in/en/careers/staff-recruitment
Softcopy of application sent over e-mail to any Institute Officials will not be considered for selection process. Hard copy of online application is not required to be sent by post.
Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Mumbai only.
The date of closing of online application interface is 22.03.2021.
For any queries related to submission of online application, the applicant may send e-mails on email@example.com. However, enquiries / queries related to eligibility for the post or for interpretation of the rules will not be entertained.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last date of receiving application is 22.03.2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91 22 2576 7009
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.