Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
TEACHING FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 04-02-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Hyderabad was established as an Off-Campus in 2011 at the invitation of the erstwhile government of Andhra Pradesh. Since its inception, the campus at Hyderabad has been guided by the mandate of TISS in combining academic excellence with social relevance. The scope of its activities through innovative and interdisciplinary teaching programmes, research studies.
The Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) was established in 1936 and is a deemed university fully funded by the University Grants Commission, Government of India. TISS offers over 50 Master’s Degree programmes from its Mumbai, Tuljapur, Guwahati and Hyderabad Campuses. Masters’ programmes are offered in a range of socially relevant inter-disciplinary areas of Social Work, Social Sciences, Health, Management, Labour Studies and Habitat Studies. TISS is a research university with M. Phil. and Ph. D. programme and basic and applied research in a range of areas. A high degree of freedom and autonomy shape the positive work ethos and creativity in the Institute facilitating strong linkages between education, research, field action and Dissemination. The Institute provides significant space and resources for basic and policy research; and has research collaboration with some of the best universities and institutions across all continents. TISS offers a very challenging but fulfilling academic environment and opportunity to scholars committed to creating a just society through education, generation of knowledge and field action, and invites interested scholars in Social Sciences and allied disciplines located within and outside India to apply for faculty positions in its schools and centres.
Required Assistant Professor (One Post) on Contract Basis for School of Social Sciences and Humanities, TISS Guwahati Offcampus
Applications are invited from interested scholars in Economics, Labour Studies, Development Studies and other allied subjects for one post of Assistant Professor for Centre for Labour Studies and Social Protection (School of Social Sciences and Humanities) at the Guwahati campus. The post is to be filled on contract basis, initially for a period of six months and contract
may be extended based on performance of the candidate and requirement of the Institute.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Teaching Assistant
School of Social Sciences and Humanities
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in Economics/Labour Studies/Development Studies/other allied subjects. from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree)
Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of ‘Assistant Professor’ subject to the or
equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions fulfilment of the following conditions:-
• The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
• The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
• An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
• The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
• The Candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
B. The Ph.D. degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following:
i. Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
ii. the Times Higher Education (THE) or
iii. the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Desirable Qualifications :-
• Candidates having specialization in the areas like Labour and Employment/Labour Market/Informal Economy/Public Policy/Social Policy/Gender etc. shall be given preference.
• Ph. D. in the related field.
• Publications in peer-reviewed journals will have an additional advantage.
• Ability to teach inter-disciplinary courses offered across the schools and centres at the Institute
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
Consolidated salary of Rs. 65,568/- p.m. (Pay Band Rs. 15600 – 39100 ; AGP Rs. 6000/-) in 6th CPC as approved by funder.
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Application Fee for Rs 1000/- to be paid online. Application fee for SC/ST/PwD candidates will be Rs 250/-, if they attach the required Certificate with the online application form.
The women applicants are exempted from the payment of application fees. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee, if applicable. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply Now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute’s website at www.tiss.edu.
The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply Now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute’s website at www.tiss.edu. The candidates are requested to take a print of the acknowledgement of the online application and keep it for future reference.
Note: The candidate has to join with in 8 days of the selection.
• The Institute reserves the right to relax qualification of the candidate based on the work experience and to relax age in the case of persons already holding comparable positions in a University/Research Institution of repute.
• The Institute reserves the right to invite persons for interview who may not have applied for as per the above procedure and not fill up the vacancy advertised.
• Since applications received may be short listed, merely possessing the prescribed qualifications and the requisite experience would not entitle a person to be called for interview.
• The post is unreserved, but candidates belonging to reserved category can apply.
• No queries or correspondence regarding issue of call letter for interview/selection of candidates for the post will be entertained at any stage and canvassing in any form is strictly prohibited and will lead to the candidate being debarred from consideration for the post.
• The candidate under employment must bring ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer to appear for presentation/interview.
• No TA/DA is payable for appearing for the interview.
• In case of any inadvertent error in the advertisement and in the process of recruitment, which may be detected at any stage, even after issue of appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate(s).
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last Date for application: Feb. 12, 2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, VN Purav Marg, Deonar, Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400088, INDIA
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, TISS Guwahati Campus
Assam Engineering College Campus Tetelia Road, behind Assam Science and Technology, Jalukbari, Guwahati, Assam 781012, INDIA
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Advertisement for the post of Assistant Professor (1 post) on Contract for TISS Guwahati Off-campus.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.