Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 12-01-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Established in 1958, the second of its kind, IIT Bombay was the first to be set up with foreign assistance. The funds from UNESCO came as Roubles from the then Soviet Union. In 1961 Parliament decreed the IITs as ‘Institutes of National Importance’. E
stablished as one of the first interdisciplinary programmes in IIT Bombay, IEOR offers research based M.Tech., Ph.D. and M.Sc.-Ph.D. dual degree programmes, and is actively involved in research (including sponsored projects), consulting and continuing education. The discipline offers a blend of theory, modelling and application, drawing from traditional as well as modern areas of operations research, together with a systems view derived from long-standing principles of industrial engineering. IEOR contributes significantly to achieve the goals of IIT through various activities such as offering academic programmes, conducting continuing education programmes (CEP), and carrying out research projects of different types.
Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (IEOR) at IIT Bombay invites applications for multiple faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor (Grade I and II). We are looking for outstanding and motivated candidates with a Ph.D. (or about to get a Ph.D.) in Operations Research, Systems & Industrial Engineering or in a related discipline. Candidates are required to have excellent and proven research track record, very good academic background and strong teaching capabilities.
Candidates working in all areas of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, broadly construed, are encouraged to apply. Preference will be given to the following areas:
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor (Grade I and II).
🏫 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Quantitative methods and insightful models for contemporary operations and services management, including logistics, health, energy, security, finance, pricing, contracts, service level planning, big data / business analytics.
- Nonlinear optimisation, combinatorial optimisation, large-scale optimisation, meta-heuristics (evolutionary algorithms, swarm algorithms, etc), multi-level and distributed optimisation, data-driven/ real-time optimisation, and related areas, with applications in the broad areas of IE and OR.
- Multi-paradigm simulation methods, agent based / discrete-event/ system dynamics methodology, distributed/ hybrid simulations, simulation-based optimisation, and related areas, with applications in the broad areas of IE and OR.
- Network science, data science, probabilistic modeling and analysis, multi-player systems, strategic interactions among engineering systems, and related areas, with applications in the broad areas of IE and OR.
🎓 JOB PROFILE
IEOR faculty members are expected to create and maintain a strong research and teaching programme. They are expected to train very good IEOR professionals by teaching and developing graduate and undergraduate level courses, supervise Masters and Doctoral students, and contribute to the academic and intellectual environment of the department. Faculty are also expected to actively undertake sponsored projects/ research grants, and participate in various outreach activities. IEOR Department and the Institute are committed to fostering an academic environment that can help professional development of faculty members.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
As Per Norms
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are required to provide the following material in order to receive full consideration:
- Complete curriculum vitae,
- Research statement,
- Teaching statement,
- Copies of a few key publications, and
- A list of at least three references.
- Application form for External Candidates available at <http://www.iitb.ac.in/en/careers/faculty-recruitment>
Candidates are also requested to also visit <http://www.iitb.ac.in/en/careers/faculty-recruitment> for other general details on faculty recruitment.
Candidates can send the above material via email to head.ieor [AT] iitb.ac.in, or by post to “Head, IEOR, IIT Bombay, Powai, Mumbai 400076, India”. Applications are welcome throughout the year.
Shortlisted candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the department for a day (within 4 months from the date of application) to give a seminar, and interact with current faculty and students.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Applications are welcome throughout the year
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91 22 2576 7009
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Room 105, First Floor, IEOR Building, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400076, INDIA
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Applications invited for Faculty Positions (2021)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.