Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 08-01-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Assam University came into existence in 1994 after enactment of the Assam (Central) University Act 1989. Through its pursuit, Assam University is in the process of making itself an institute of excellence. Assam University main campus is situated at Dargakona, about 20 kms away from Silchar. The campus is set amid sprawling hillocks and typical landscape of north east. The campus is spread over 600 acres and provide an ideal environment for the researchers, students and the people interested in academic excellence. The other campus of the university is situated at Diphu in the district of Karbi Anglong, Assam. The university has the territorial jurisdiction over the five districts of Assam viz., Cachar, Karimganj, Hailakandi, Dima Hasao (erstwhile North Cachar Hills) and Karbi Anglong.Assam University being a central university hosts a national characteristics of unity in diversity. Faculties, staff and students hail from all over the country. International students also find this institution an ideal centre for pursuing their academic endeavour.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Finance Officer
- Section Officer
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Professor (Diphu Campus)
- Associate Professor (Silchar Campus)
- Assistant Professor (Silchar Campus)
- Zoology in the department of Education
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
AICTE REGULATIONS ON PAY SCALES, SERVICE CONDITIONS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF TEACHERS AND OTHER ACADEMIC STAFF SUCH AS LIBRARY, PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING & PLACEMENT PERSONNEL IN TECHNICAL INSTITUTIONS AND MEASURES FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS IN TECHNICAL EDUCATION – (DEGREE) REGULATION, 2019.
a. Master’s Degree with at least 55% of the marks or its equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale wherever grading system is followed
b. At least 15 years of experience as Assistant Professor in the Academic Level 11 and above or with eight years of service in the Academic Level 12and above including as Associate Professor along with experience in educational administration or
c. Comparable experience in research establishment and/ or other institutions of higher education, or
d. 15 years of administrative experience, of which 8 years shall be as Deputy Registrar or an equivalent post.
e. The age of superannuation of Finance Officer 62 (sixty two) years and upper age limit is 57 closing date of receipt of application. Preference will be given to officers having experience of working in CABs/CPSUs/COs in Audit/Finance/Establishment for at least 5 years. Pay Scale of Finance Officer as per 7th CPC pay matrix shown above, which shall be fixed at the appropriate cell. The Finance Officer is entitled for all other allowances in accordance with the guidelines issued by the MHRD/UGC.
a. A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent degree with at least three years experience in handling Educational Administration /General Admin./ Exam./Accounts & Finance in a University/ Research Institution/ Government department /Autonomous bodies/ PSU, with working knowledge of computer application.
b. Three (3) years of regular service in the Grade Pay of Rs. 4,200/- or above having administrative background in Govt./Academic Institutes/Autonomous Bodies,
8 years of regular service as UDC at least in the GP of Rs. 2,400/- in Govt./Academic Institutes/ Autonomous Bodies. Age: Not above 35 years as on 1st February, 2021.
UGC REGULATIONS ON MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR APPOINTMENT OF TEACHERS AND OTHER ACADEMIC STAFF IN UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES AND MEASURES FOR THE MAINTENANCE OF STANDARDS IN HIGHER EDUCATION, 2018
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Professor Academic Level-14 : Rs. 1,44,200-2,18,200
- Associate Professor Level-13A : Rs. 1,31,400-2,17,100
- Assistant Professor Level-10 : Rs. 57,700-1,82,400
- Finance Officer Level 14 + DA etc. as per GoI Rules. Pay matrix ₹ 1,44,200 (₹1,44,200-2,18,200)
- Section Officer Level- 7 : ₹ 44,900
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Online applications are invited from the eligible Indian Citizens and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) for various positions at the university
The applications shall be invited through online mode. The applicants should be required to submit their downloaded application form (hard copy) after filling it online, along with all the enclosures to the Assistant Registrar, Recruitment Cell, Raja Rammohan Roy Administrative Building, Assam University, PO: Assam University, Silchar-788011 by the last date of submission of applications i.e, 7th February, 2021. The candidates are advised to visit the University website frequently for further information & instruction etc. related to the above mentioned requirement.
The eligibility of the candidate will be determined on the last date of submission of application i.e., 01.02.2021.
Instructions for filling Online Application
- The online application form for recruitment for Group A, B &C are designed according to the employment notification.
- Before starting to fill up the form, please ensure that you have the following:
- A scanned copy of photograph, signature, caste certificate (if any), Income certificate regarding EWS (if any), certificate for PwD, educational qualifications and experience related documents in JPEG/JPG format. The photograph shall not exceed 50 kb and other documents shall not exceed 200 kb.
- Digital copies of publications for up-loading.
- All fields marked by (*) and red in colour are mandatory.
- Filling all mandatory fields is required to make your application complete.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered and will be REJECTED.
- While filling the online application, if your browser closes unexpectedly or if you are logged out, please use the login information sent to your email to login again.
- In case of any technical glitch in the portal, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are several Tabs in your application. After completing each tab, the candidate should click on “Save” then “Continue” button to move to the next tab. It is necessary to complete all tabs. After filling all tabs, the candidate can finally submit his application.
- The signed application shall be sent to The Registrar, Recruitment Cell, Raja Rammohan Roy Administrative Building. Assam University, Silchar, Assam-788011, India. so as to reach by the cutoff date of the cycle in which the candidate wishes to be considered.
- Once the candidate finishes entering all the details of each section, a preview of all the pages shall be shown in “Preview and Confirm” section for the candidate to cross check his/her entries before submission. The candidate can still make corrections before clicking “Confirm & Submit” button on this section.
- The form shall only be submitted after clicking “Submit”. Note that the candidate cannot make any changes after clicking “Confirm & Submit” in “Preview and Confirm” section.
- After the candidate submit the form and complete the payment (if any), a “Print” button shall be provided to the candidate for printing or downloading his/her application. The candidate can take a print copy for sending it to Assam University after signing and getting it forwarded.
- The Photograph to be uploaded must not exceed more than 180*130 pixels and of size not more than 50 KB.
- In case of any technical problems, please send an email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last Date for Online submission of Application form, Application Fee payment & Application Forms PDF download : 01.02.2021 upto 5:00 p.m.
Last date for submission of downloaded application form along with the enclosures : 07.02.2021 upto 5:00 p.m
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
(Employment Notification No – 5/2020 Dated 15 December, 2020) (Teaching & Non-teaching posts: Group –A & B) (Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Finance Officer, Section Officer)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.