Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 06-01-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam (IIMV) belongs to the prestigious IIM family of business schools. It is a new generation IIM, set up by the Government of India in September 2015. The Indian Institutes of Management Act 2017 declares IIMs as Institutions of National Importance, empowered to attain standards of global excellence in management, management research and allied areas of knowledge. IIM Visakhapatnam is located in its temporary, but state-of-the-art facility in the salubrious Andhra University campus in the ‘City of Destiny’, Visakhapatnam. The Institute has begun the process for building a permanent, full-fledged, word-class campus on approx. 230 acres of land in the (relative) vicinity of the upcoming green-field international airport, about 25 kilometres from the present (temporary/transit) campus. The first phase of the new facility is expected to be functional by 2021.
IIM Visakhapatnam (the Institute, IIMV) invites applications for faculty positions from candidates belonging to OBC/SC/ST/EWS/PwD categories only, with outstanding academic record and proven credentials in teaching and research in management in schools of repute in India/abroad. Current/future vacancies are at the levels of Associate Professor and Assistant Professor, in regular capacity.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Finance & Accounting Management
- Information Systems Management
- Marketing Management
- Strategy Management
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
[Associate Professor & Assistant Professor]
• PhD degree or equivalent, with at least 55% of marks or equivalent CGPA in the preceding degree in the appropriate discipline, with a very good academic record throughout. (Applicants MUST make sure, before applying, of their having obtained at least 55% of marks or equivalent CGPA, where necessary, CGPA to Percentage conversions issued by their respective degree/diploma-awarding universities / institutions).
• Successful track record of teaching; training; research; and publications in reputed peer-reviewed journals.
Minimum Experience for Associate Professor
• Minimum post-qualification experience of six years in teaching/industry/research, of which, at least three years of experience at the level of Assistant Professor in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of
comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV.
Minimum Experience for Assistant Professor (Grade-I)
• Minimum post-qualification experience of three years in teaching/industry/research in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV.
Desirable Experience for Assistant Professor (Grade-II)
• Up to three years of post-qualification experience in teaching/industry/research in institutions of high repute such as IIMs, IITs, IISc Bangalore, NITIE Mumbai, IISERs or at an equivalent level in such other globally recognized Indian or foreign institutions of comparable standards as may be decided by IIMV
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Associate Professor: Pay Level 13A2 of 7th CPC
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,39,600/- + Allowances
- Assistant Professor Grade – I: Pay Level 12 or 13A1 of 7th CPC
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,01,500/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 12)
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.1,31,400/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 13A1).
- Assistant Professor Grade – II: Pay Level 10 or 11 of 7th CPC
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.70900/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 10)
- Starting Basic Pay Rs.71000/- + Allowances (for Pay Level 11).
- A higher start can be considered in deserving cases.
💺 JOB LOCATION
Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to apply using the prescribed format (Download Application Form) only, available on the website (www.iimv.ac.in/careers). Applications not conforming to the format are liable to be rejected.
Where applicable, certificate issued by the Competent Authority clearly showing the category (OBC/SC/ST/EWS/PwD) to which the applicant belongs MUST be attached with the Application Form. Except such Category Certificate, no copy of any other certificate or supporting documentation need be attached/submitted. Such proof would be sought ONLY from short-listed applicants.
Scanned, copies of the completely filled-in and signed (self-attested) application form (in Word and PDF format), along with Category Certificate (only) should be sent through e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org by 01-Feb-2021 (Monday), 1700 Hrs.
Hard copy of the application, as submitted by mail, with all pages along with additional sheets / annexures (forming part of the application) and the Category Certificate duly signed (self-attested), should be sent by Speed Post/Courier to the address given below, ensuring it reaches the Institute by 08-Feb-2021 (Monday), 1700 Hrs. It is reiterated that no other certificates/supporting documentation need be attached at this stage, except the Category Certificate.
THE SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT VISAKHAPATNAM
ANDHRA UNIVERSITY CAMPUS
VISAKHAPATNAM – 530 003
ANDHRA PRADESH, INDIA
IIMV is not responsible for postal delays, if any. Applications received after the closing date and time will NOT be considered in this round of recruitment.
The envelope cover containing the hard copy of the application form should be labelled as: “Employment Notification No.: 01/F/2021 DATED JANUARY 06, 2021”.
1.Candidates are advised to visit the website of IIM Visakhapatnam (www.iimv.ac.in/careers) regularly for updates. Amendments, corrigenda (if any), will be placed on the Institute website only.
2. The Institute reserves the right not to fill up any / some / all position(s).
3. Qualifications acquired must be duly recognized in law.
4. Applicants should satisfy the experience criteria as on the date of their applications. Duration of PhD (and experience acquired therein) will not be counted for the purpose of experience. Only officer and higher-level experience would be counted, in case of candidates from other than academic institutions.
5. Mere fulfilment of qualifications and experience does not entitle a candidate to be short-listed. The Institute reserves the right to restrict the candidates to be called for the selection process to a reasonable number based on relevant criteria, higher than the minimum prescribed.
6. Applications should be complete in all respects. Additional sheets as needed may be used and referenced suitably. All information furnished MUST be based on supporting documentation. Incomplete, incorrect or sketchy applications are liable to be rejected.
7. Candidates employed in Organizations or Institutions (including Autonomous Institutions) under the Government (Central or State); or Public-Sector Undertakings (Central or State) must produce a proper Relieving Letter at the time of reporting for duty.
8. The Institute will communicate only with short-listed candidates. No correspondence from applicants shall be entertained.
9. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
10. In all matters of selection, recruitment, appointment and service, the interpretation and decision of the Competent Authority of the Institute shall be final and binding.
11. Disputes (if any) shall be subject to jurisdiction of the competent courts of the city of Visakhapatnam and/or Andhra Pradesh, India.
1.A set of Committees constituted by the Institute will carry out the screening and selection processes.
2. The process would normally involve (i) short-listing of candidates based on suitability as ascertained from the applications; (ii) seminar-presentation by the short-listed candidates; and (iii) interview for the further short-listed candidates (i.e. for only those who qualify in the seminar round). It is reiterated that only those candidates who qualify in the seminar are taken forward to the interview round.
3. Candidates may be considered for a post lower than that applied for, if they are otherwise found suitable.
4. If the pandemic situation improves and interviews are held with physical presence, reimbursement of return economy airfare by the shortest route (domestic sector only) and accommodation (free of cost) will be provided to the candidates who attend the faculty seminar. Else, interviews would be held online (in virtual mode).
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last Date for Online application Submission is 01-Feb-2021 (Monday), 1700 Hrs.
Last Date for Hard copy of the application Submission is 08-Feb-2021 (Monday), 1700 Hrs.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91 891-282 4444
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
RECRUITMENT FOR FACULTY POSITIONS
REF. NO. 01/F/2021 DATED JANUARY 6, 2021
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
🔔Get Free Job Alerts in Your Email – Subscribe Now
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.