Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
NON TEACHING POSITION RECRUITMENT 2021 | FACULTY TICK
📅 Date of Advertisement: 05-01-2021
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Netaji Subhas Open University is the premier State Open University in India. The year 1997 was the birth centenary year of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. The Chief Minister of West Bengal made an announcement at a State function that an Open University would be set up soon and dedicated to Netaji’s hallowed memory. The Higher Education Minister, Govt. of West Bengal spearheaded the idea after his visit to the Open University in U.K. Under his instruction was set up a ten-member steering committee headed by late Dr. Bhaskar Ray Chowdhury, former Vice-Chancellor of Kolkata University.
Netaji Subhas Open University (NSOU) invites applications for the following posts (vide Table 1 to 3) from Indian nationals.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Public Relation Officer
- Controller of Examination
- Deputy Registrar (Finance)
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Public Relation Officer
A. Essential Qualification : (i) Uniformly good academic record with Master Degree from a recognized University with minimum 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in the point scale wherever a grading system is followed. (ii) At least 5 years of whole –time work experience with proven record, in print or electronic media / as Public Relations/ media Personnel, in any Government or Quasi Government establishments/ University/ Research Organisation or Private Publication house of repute. (iii) Age not less than 30 years (as on the last date of application); relaxable in case of exceptionally qualified candidates. B.
Desirable Qualification : (i) Proven experience in efficient oral and written communication skills in Bengali and English. Ability to multi-tasking, knowledge in expansion of mass education.
Controller of Examination:
A.Essential: 1. Uniformly good academic record with Master’s Degree from a recognised University with minimum 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in the point scale wherever a grading system is followed. 2. At least 15 years’ of whole time experience as Sr. Lecturer/ Reader/ Assistant Professor or equivalent in the AGP / GP of Rs. 7000/- and above (unrevised) or with 8 years of service in the AGP / GP of RS. 8000/- and above (unrevised) including as Associate Professor or equivalent along with experience in educational administration in Academic Institutions like University, or in an Institute of higher learning of which 5 (five) years must be in a University or in an Institute of Post Graduate Study. OR Comparable experience in research establishments and other institutions of higher learning. OR 15 (Fifteen) years’ of whole time administrative experience, of which 8 years shall be as Deputy Controller of Examinations / Deputy Registrar or equivalent post. 3. Candidate must have whole time experience in conduction of examinations either in institution of higher learning or in Service Commissions. 4. Age not less than 40 years as on the last date of application.
B.Desirable: 1. A Doctorate Degree or published research work of merit. OR 2. High level of comparable whole time administrative experience in a Government or Quasi Government organization or University with a good background in administration and management in senior position.
Note: Those who have applied earlier for the post of Controller of Examination in 2011 and 2012 have to submit fresh application but they are exempted to deposit application fee further. However, they have to produce previous application or photo copy of previous Demand Draft as proof of previous payment, with the current application.
Deputy Registrar (Finance) :
A.Essential i. Uniformly good academic record with a Master’s Degree in Commerce/ Finance from a recognised University with minimum 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade in the point scale wherever a grading system is followed. ii. 10 years’ whole time Experience in Audit and Accountancy work of which 5 years shall be as Assistant Registrar or in equivalent position with GP of Rs. 6,000/- or above (unrevised) in position involving Supervision, Control and Planning and Management of audit and Account in Government, Quasi Govt organization, University or Higher Educational Institute or Research Institute. iii. Age not less than 35 years as on the last date of application. Relaxable in the case of exceptionally qualified candidates.
B. Desirable i. Chartered Accountant, Cost Accountant or MBA with specialisation in Finance.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Public Relation Officer (Pay at Level 10 of revised scale with rationalized entry pay of Rs.57,700/- plus admissible allowances).
- Controller of Examination (Pay at Level 14 of revised scale with rationalized entry pay of Rs.1,44,200/- plus admissible allowances).
- Deputy Registrar (Finance) (Pay at Level 12 of revised scale with rationalized entry pay of Rs.79,800/- plus admissible allowances).
💺 JOB LOCATION
Kolkata, West Bengal
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Applications must reach the University within 01/02/2021 during office hours (within 5:00 PM) on working days only. Applications must be submitted in duplicate in prescribed proforma(Application Format) as given in University Website and may be dropped in respective drop box kept in office of the Registrar of the University at DD–26, 5th Floor, Salt Lake, Sector – I, Kolkata – 700 064 or may be sent by post to the Registrar at above mentioned address. The envelope containing the application must indicate the name of the post applied for in bold.
Payment of Application Fees:
Application fee Rs.1,000/- (Rs.500/- for SC/ST/OBC/PH category) must be submitted through online dedicated payment gateway service. The link will be available on and from 11/01/2021 to 31/01/2021(tentatively). To pay the requisite fee please visit www.wbnsou.ac.in and click on “PAY ONLINE” under “Recruitment” menu. After payment take print out of “Payment Confirmation Receipt” and enclosed the same with application form.
Applications without application fee and other documents as prescribed are liable to be cancelled without intimation
Application forms submitted by the applicants should be properly filled in all respects by the applicants concerned and all the entries therein must be substantiated by supporting documents without which such applications would be treated as cancelled.
It is to be noted that applications without application fee would be cancelled.
• Already employed applicants should apply through proper channel.
• Appointments will be made on probation for one year, which may be extended depending on the assessment of performance of the incumbent during the probation period and in such cases the decision of the University will be final.
• The University may verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time including at the time of appointment or during the tenure of his/her service and in case it is detected at any time of recruitment process and also at any point of time after the appointment that the document(s) submitted by the candidate is/are fake or the candidate has deliberately misled by submission of fake/ false /forged documents, his candidature/services will be forthwith cancelled / terminated without assigning any reason.
• The prescribed essential qualifications/experience indicated above is bare minimum and mere possession of the same will not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. It is also to be noted that NSOU reserves the right to raise the cut-off level of
eligibility criteria than those indicated under the “Essential Qualifications” for the respective posts. The University will have the right to restrict the candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number on the basis of qualifications and experience
higher than the minimum prescribed or by arranging a screening test that may be deemed fit.
• All the posts advertised are sanctioned by the Govt. of West Bengal and the age of superannuation for all the incumbents appointed to these posts would be 60 years or as may be notified by the Govt. of West Bengal from time to time.
• All the incumbents appointed to these posts are transferable from one Campus/ Regional Centre/ Department / School of Studies etc. of NSOU to the other.
• A relaxation of 5% in marks (wherever necessary) may be provided for candidates (applicable for candidates domiciled in West Bengal) belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Differently abled (physically as well as visually) categories.
• Incomplete application will not be entertained.
• University Authority can not be held responsible for any postal delay in case receipt of application by the University or receipt of Interview call letter by the applicant.
• No TA/DA shall be paid to candidates for attending interview.
• Only the selected candidate(s) in respect of the previously mentioned posts (if any) will be intimated accordingly.
• Canvassing in any form will lead to the cancellation of the candidature.
• The University reserves the right not to fill up the post/posts, advertised without assigning any reason.
• In case of any dispute the decision of the University will be final.
• The High Court at Kolkata only will have the legal jurisdiction in this matter
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date for receiving applications is On or Before 01/02/2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
(033) 4066 3225
📠 PHONE NUMBER
(033) 4066 3220
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Inviting Application for the Post of Controller of Examinations, Deputy Registrar (Finance) and Public Relation Officer.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.
Disclaimer: Faculty Tick tries to keep the information on its website accurate and up-to-date. However, we cannot guarantee that information may always be up-to date. But We try to ensure that the information we post on facultytick.com is accurate.
If you see something on the website that needs correction or updation in webpage, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org