Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 30-12-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Gujarat Maritime University has been established under the Gujarat Private Universities Act, 2009. The prime objective of Gujarat Maritime University is to be a global center of excellence in maritime education, research and development, professional training and it aims to enhance and increase the human capital and capacity of maritime industry both in India and across the globe. The aspiration is to serve the global maritime community by producing educated and well trained professionals in the maritime domain.In the first phase, the University plans to offer programs catering to the commercial aspects of Maritime value chain like maritime law, shipping finance and economics, maritime management, logistics, ship broking, ship finance, chartering, ship management just to name a few. The first phase will also have short term Executive Development Programs and Management Development Programs. The second phase will focus on the technical aspects.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
- Teaching & Research Associate (Law)
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Professor of Law
- Associate Professor of Law
- (Maritime Law /International Trade Law)
- Assistant Professor of Law
- (Maritime Law /International Trade Law)
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Professor of Law
1) An eminent scholar having a Ph D. degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, and published work of high quality, actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer- reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given in Appendix II. Table 2 of the UGC regulations on minimum qualifications for appointment of teachers and other academic staff in universities and colleges and measures for the maintenance of standards in higher education 2018
2) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and / or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate
An outstanding professional, having a Ph D. degree in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above) /industry, who has made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ experience.
Associate Professor of Law
A good academic record, with a Ph D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant disciplines
A Master’s Degree in Law with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/industry with a minimum of seven publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of Seventy-five (75) as per the criteria given in Appendix II. Table 2 of the UGC regulations on minimum qualifications for appointment of teachers and other academic staff in universities and colleges and measures for the maintenance of standards in higher education 2018 Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
Teaching/Research experience in the relevant area.
Assistant Professor of Law
1) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
2) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M Phil./Ph.D Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET
3) Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/institutions subject to the fulfillment of the following conditions:-
a. The Ph D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode.
b. The Ph D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners.
c. An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph D work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her PhD work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR/ CSIR or any similar agency.
4) The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned
Teaching/Research experience in the relevant area.
The Ph D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/ institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Teaching & Research Associate
1) Master s Degree in Law at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university
2) Good knowledge of latest national and international research trends and developments in relevant area:
3) Ability to conceptualize and organize international training workshops and brainstorming online/on-site discussions apart from teaching/research;
4) Fluency in English language.
1) Experience in teaching/research in premier universities/colleges in relevant area,
2) Excellent inter-personal and team- building skills;
3) Ability to innovate and to improve academic programmes or services and to pursue interesting new ideas and new methods.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Professor Pay Scale (as per 7th CPC) 144200-218200 (Level 14)
- Associate Professor Pay Scale (as per 7th CPC) 131400-217100 (Level 13 A1)
- Assistant Professor Pay Scale (as per 7th CPC) 57,700-182400 (Level 10)
- Teaching & Research Associate Remuneration 40,000/- (Consolidated)
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Candidates shall mail dully filled Application Form in PDF Format to email@example.com. Originals Forms and Documents should not be sent to University but these must be produced at the time of selection process. Upon receipt of the Application Form, University shall mail an acknowledgment to the respective applicant. Only upon receipt of this acknowledgement should the applicant consider his/her candidature for further process. Candidate can inquire on +91-79- 23270500 in case of nonreceipt of acknowledgement.
(Application received on or before 20th January 2021, 5 PM shall only be considered.
Application received after 20th January 2021, 5:00 PM shall not be considered in any case.)
Click the below link to pay the Application Fees: https://forms.eduqfix.com/gumuonlineform/add
Faculty Seminar: All the shortlisted candidates will be required to give a seminar/demo class on any topic/theme of his/her choice in the area as mentioned against the vacancies for 15-20 Minutes.
Personal Interview: Shortlisted candidates in Faculty Seminar will be invited for the personal interview.
NOTE: Due to COVID-19 Pandemic, Faculty Seminar/Demo Class and Personal Interview may be conducted online. University reserves the right to amend/modify the procedure of selection and the shortlisted candidates shall be apprised of the same. All communication shall be made by mail only.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last date for receipt of full and complete application on mail: 20th January 2021
Intimation to shortlisted candidates (By email & On Website) Within 15 days after closing date of receiving applications.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91 79 23270500
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Vacancy Advertisement Reference No : GMU/SMLPA/2020/01
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.