Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 29-12-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏫 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) was established in 1909 by a visionary partnership between the industrialist Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, the Mysore royal family and the Government of India.Over the last 111 years, IISc has become India’s premier institute for advanced scientific and technological research and education. Its mandate is “to provide for advanced instruction and to conduct original investigations in all branches of knowledge as are likely to promote the material and industrial welfare of India.” In keeping with this guiding principle, the Institute has strived to foster a balance between the pursuit of basic knowledge and applying its research for industrial and social benefit.IISc’s reputation and pre-eminence ensures that it attracts the best young faculty members trained in the best laboratories around the world. In 2018, IISc was selected as an Institution of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India, and it consistently figures among the top Indian institutions in world university rankings.
Applications are invited from citizens of India and from individuals who are not citizens of India (with or without the Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)status). We specially encourage women candidates to apply.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) invites applications from exceptionally bright and motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research, and a strong commitment to teaching, for Assistant Professor positions in its various academic departments and centres.
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor
🎯 DEPARTMENT / SPECIALIZATION
- Biological Sciences: Biochemistry (BC); Centre for Ecological Sciences (CES); Centre for Neuroscience (CNS); Microbiology and Cell Biology (MCB); Molecular Biophysics Unit (MBU); Molecular Reproduction, Development and Genetics (MRDG).
- Chemical Sciences: Inorganic and Physical Chemistry (IPC); Materials Research Centre (MRC); Organic Chemistry (OC); Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit (SSCU).
- Physical and Mathematical Sciences: Centre for High Energy Physics (CHEP);Instrumentation and Applied Physics (IAP);Mathematics; Physics.
- Electrical, Electronics, and Computer Sciences (EECS): Computer Science and Automation (CSA); Electrical Communication Engineering (ECE); Electrical Engineering (EE); Electronic Systems Engineering (ESE).
- Mechanical Sciences: Aerospace Engineering; Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (CAOS); Centre for Earth Sciences; Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing (CPDM); Centre for Sustainable Technologies (CST); Chemical Engineering; Civil Engineering; Materials Engineering; Mechanical Engineering.
- Interdisciplinary Research: Centre for Biosystems Science and Engineering (BSSE); Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE); Computational and Data Sciences (CDS).
The following interdisciplinary centres do not recruit faculty members directly. An applicant interested in being affiliated with one of these centres must be recruited as a faculty member in one of the departments/centres listed above. Applicants can list one or more of the following centres against their three choices in the application portal, if their research interests align best with those centres. The interdisciplinary centres selected by the applicant will assist in evaluating the application form. If the applicant is selected, they will be assigned as a core faculty member in one of the departments/centres listed above (in consultation with the applicant), and as an associate faculty member in the interdisciplinary centre of their interest.
Interdisciplinary Centres: Centre for Infrastructure, Sustainable Transportation and Urban Planning (CiSTUP); Divecha Centre for Climate Change (DCCC); Interdisciplinary Centre for Energy Research (ICER); Interdisciplinary Centre for Water Research (ICWAR); Robert Bosch Centre for Cyber Physical Systems (RBCCPS).
Further details about the various departments and interdisciplinary centres, faculty profiles, academic programs, and areas of research are available at the respective departmental websites and also at (www.iisc.ac.in).
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Vacancies: For 2021, a minimum of 60 vacancies are available. Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates from under-represented categories are specially encouraged to apply.
Ph.D., with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree, and a good academic record throughout.
A minimum of three years teaching/research/professional experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D. In exceptional cases, candidates with less than requisite experience will also be considered.
Candidates should preferably be below 35 years of age.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
Scale of pay: Level 12 with a basic pay of Rs. 1,01,500/-. After the completion of three years of service in Level 12, pay will be fixed in Level 13A1with a basic pay of Rs.1,31,400/-.
Total minimum emoluments (including Dearness and Transport Allowances): Rs. 1,51,539 per month with house rent allowance, and Rs. 1,27,129 per month if staying on the campus.
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
This is a rolling advertisement and candidates can apply any time during the calendar year 2020 Applications will be accepted only through the online portal:
Applicants have to log in to https://recruitment.iisc.ac.in/frp/ to fill the online application form. The following documents are required (in PDF format) to be uploaded along with the application form, as indicated in the portal.
• Curriculum vitae with a list of all publications
• Up to 5 selected publications of the applicant
• A Research Plan. The research plan should also include the laboratory space requirement, and equipment along with the estimated cost (including any cost for laboratory preparation).
• A Teaching Plan at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels
• Caste and/or Disability Certificate from the competent authority, as applicable.
• Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish.
For any further information related to this advertisement, please contact:
The Registrar, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore 560012, INDIA
Fax: +91-80-23600757 Phone: +91-80-23600757/22932444
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a CC to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click on this link to access the online portal: https://recruitment.iisc.ac.in/frp/
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last date for Application Submission is on or before 11th December 2020
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Faculty Positions Advertisement R(IA)-1/2020, dated January 01, 2021 (Updated 23 December 2020)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.