Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 26-12-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Established in 1971 and named as University of Cochin, it was the symbol of commitment from the Government of Kerala towards the new scientific policy resolution adopted by the Central Government on 4th March 1958. The birth of the new University was with the specific purpose of “development of higher education with particular emphasis on post-graduate studies and research in applied science, technology, industry and commerce”. The University of Cochin was later reorganized as Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) in February 1986. Specialisations are available in all Faculties/Departments for higher studies and research. By giving recognition to several well-established premier research institutions in the country and the Southern Naval Command of Indian Navy, the University has brought within its reach the resources available in these institutions also to the use of our academic community.
Applications in the prescribed format are invited from qualified candidates for appointment against faculty positions on contract basis at Kunjali Marakkar School of Marine Engineering as detailed below:
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
🏫 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Associate Professor Marine Engineering
- Assistant Professor Naval Architecture & Ship Building
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Associate Professor (as prescribed by the Syndicate)
(i) B.Tech in Marine/Mechanical Engineering/Naval Architecture with First Class Certificate of Competency (MOT)
(ii) 12 years of relevant experience out of which at least 2 years shall be in the position of Chief Engineer
5 years experience as Lecturer in Marine Engineering
Desirable: M.Tech in Marine Engineering
Assistant Professor (as per AICTE Regulations)
B.E./B.Tech/B.S. and M.E./M.Tech/M.S. or Integrated M.Tech in relevant branch with first class or equivalent in any one of the degrees.
- The initial period of appointment is for one year which is extendable up to 2 years.
- The engagement (on contract) will be for the whole year and there shall not be any vacation.
- Reservation Rules issued by the Government from time-to-time are applicable for the appointments to the above posts.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- For SI. No. 1 – ₹1,04,000/- per month
- For SI. No.2 – ₹42,000/- per month for Ph.D Degree holders and ₹40,000/- per month for others
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
- Applications to the above post have to be submitted online in the Prescribed application form available in. the University Website –
http://cusat.ac.in or http://faculty.cusat.ac.in.
- Separate application with prescribed fee should be submitted online for each post having separate serial number.
- Candidates shall apply online on or before 18.01.2021.
- The signed hard copy of the application (with copies of documents to prove age, qualification (mark list and degree certificate)/Specialization, proof that the journals are approved by UGC/peer reviewed, Experience Certificate, Awards, Proof for CGPA to percentage conversion and proof of all other additional qualifications like UGC-NET etc. and reservations, if any, should reach the Registrar, CUSAT on or before 25.01.2021.
- Late and defective applications will be summarily rejected.
Application Fee : Rs700/- for General and Rs140/- for SC/ST candidates.
Mode of Remittance
- By Cash at the Cash Counter in the University Administrative Office (from 10.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.). Copy of the receipt obtained to be attached to the Application form (Payment of cash through banks will not be accepted).
- Online remittance through NEFT/RTGS as per details below:
Name of Account Holder – The Registrar, CUSAT
Name of Bank – SBI, Cochin University Campus Branch
Account Number – 67035706075
IFSC Code – SBIN0070235
Print out of the receipt showing the Transaction Id to be attached to the Application Form. The UTR number shall be mentioned in the application form.
(Please note that payment by Cheque/DD will not be accepted)
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last date for submitting online application : 18.01.2021.
Last date for receiving hard copy of application : 5.00 PM on 25.01.2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
- Sl No 2 – Assistant Professor (Contract) – Naval Architecture & Ship Building
- Sl No 1 – Associate Professor (Contract) – Marine Engineering
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.