Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 23-12-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Jamia Millia Islamia, an institution originally established at Aligarh in United Provinces, India in 1920 became a Central University by an act of the Indian Parliament in 1988. In Urdu language, Jamia means ‘University’, and Millia means ‘National’. The story of its growth from a small institution in the pre-independence India to a central university located in New Delhi—offering integrated education from nursery to research in specialized areas—is a saga of dedication, conviction and vision of a people who worked against all odds and saw it growing step by step. They “built up the Jamia Millia stone by stone and sacrifice by sacrifice,” said Sarojini Naidu, the nightingale of India. Jamia Millia Islamia was made a central university of India in December 1988. In the list of the Faculties, i.e. Education, Humanities & Languages, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences. Engineering & Technology, one more Faculty – Faculty of Law, was added in 1989. Many new courses and programmes at UG and PG levels have since been added.Besides its Nine faculties, the Jamia has a number of centres of learning and research, like AJK-Mass Communication Research Centre (MCRC), Academy of International Studies etc. The Jamia is also marching ahead in the field of Information Technology (IT). It offers various undergraduate and postgraduate IT courses. Apart from this, the Jamia has a campus wide network which connects a large number of its departments and offices.
Applications on the prescribed application form are invited for engagement of one Guest Faculty for teaching of Computer in the Department of Urdu @ Rs. 1500/- per period, subject to maximum of Rs. 50,000/- per month during the Academic Session 2020-21.
Application on plain paper are invited from the eligible candidates, for engagement of a Guest Teacher (on per period basis) on the approved rates for the following position against the maternity leave vacancy in the Jamia Middle school up to the end of session -(2020-21) or till further orders. As per detail given below:
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Guest Faculty
- Guest Teacher T.G.T.
- Guest Faculty
Computer in the Department of Urdu
- T.G.T. ( Hindi) Hindi One Jamia Middle School
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET :
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfillment of the
following conditions :-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed Journal ;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his, her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded supported by the UGC / ICSSP / CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfillment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic
Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
B. The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (iD the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
T.G.T. ( Hindi) Hindi One Jamia Middle School
(g) B.A. (in concerned subject) and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education from a recognised university.
B.A. (in concerned subject) with at least 50% marks and lor 2 year Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.)
B.A. (in concerned subject) with at least 45% marks and 1 or 2 year Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.) , in accordance with the NOTE ( Recognition Norms and Procedure)/ regulation issued from time to time
in this regard.
Senior Secondary (or its Equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year B.Sc/B.A. ED.
(h) Pass in the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET), to be conducted by appropriate Government in accordance with the guidance framed by NCTE for the purpose.
Desirable qualifications:Ability to read and write Urdu.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Guest Faculty Rs. 1500/- per period, subject to maximum of Rs. 50,000/- per month
- Guest Teacher As Per Norms
💺 JOB LOCATION
New Delhi, Delhi
📝 HOW TO APPLY
The Application forms may be submitted in the Department of Urdu. Faculty of Humanities & Languages, Jamia Millia
Islamia latest by 28.12.2020.
Applicants are requested to kindly submit the prescribed Application Form in the concerned Department Centre,
There will no fee for filling up the application form for the above positions.
The Department will screen the application of the candidates and will call for interview accordingly.
The engagement of the above will be w.e.f. the date of taking classes (but not before the date of Local Selection
Committee) for the Academic Session 2020-21 or till vacancy exits or till further orders whichever is earlier.
Selection against vacancy shall not confer on the appointee any right of permanent appointment / regularization.
Separate application should be submitted for each post.
Relaxation, if any, shall be as per the UGC guidelines and other regulatory bodies.
- The Number of positions advertised herein are provisional and may vary.
- The prescribed qualifications and experience are minimum and the mere fact that a candidate possesses the same will not entitle him/her for being called for interview. The University reserves the right to restrict the candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed or by any other condition that it may deem fit. The University may constitute a Screening Committee to scrutinize the applications and short-listing the candidates.
- Relevant grade which is regarded as equivalent of 557o where the grading system is followed by recognized University shall also be considered eligible. The eligibility of candidates will be determined as on the last date of submission of Application forms.
- Qualifications, experience, etc. will be reckoned as on the last date for receipt of filled-in applications i.e. 28.12.2020. Clear photocopies of all important certificates must be attached with the application. The request for including any documents/information to the application forms after the last date of submission of applications shall not be entertained and no correspondence will be made in this regard.
(a) The Jamia reserves the right to evolve a uniform and reasonable criterion for short-listing of eligible candidates, if needed.
(b) Jamia also reserves right to give preference to those who possess higher qualifications.
- Candidate must enclose the attested copies of degrees, diplomas and mark-sheets etc. giving reference of experience/published work with application form.
- Incomplete application or application on plain paper will not be entertained and is liable to be rejected.
- Knowledge of Urdu and Hindi is a desirable qualification for all teaching posts. The University reserves the right to hold/not to hold Selection Committee for any or all of the post(s).
- Canvassing, in any form or on behalf of the candidate will be a disqualification. The candidates may download detailed advertisement along with the qualifications and application form from the University’s website htts://jmi.ac.in and send it with complete in all respect to the concerned Department on or before 28.12.2020.
T.G.T. ( Hindi) Hindi One Jamia Middle School
Note: Date and Time for interview shall be communicated by the school through phone to be provided by the applicant in the application / Bio-data.
The Complete application along with two copies of Bio-date mentioning the educational qualifications, teaching experience & attested copies of mark-sheets, degrees, diplomas with a recent passport size photograph be attested with the application so as to reach in the office of the Headmaster, Jamia Middle School on or before 28th December, 2020 up to 1:00 p.m.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The Application forms may be submitted latest by 28.12.2020.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Applications are invited for one Guest Faculty for teaching of Computer in the Department of Urdu (LOCAL ADVT. No. 06/2020-21 Dated 18.12.2020) (Publish Date: 18/12/2020)
Application are invited for Guest Teacher T.G.T. (Hindi) in the Jamia Middile School (Publish Date: 18/12/2020)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.