Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 15-12-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi (aka. IIIT-Delhi or IIIT-D) was created as a State University by an act of Delhi Government (The IIIT Delhi Act, 2007) empowering it to do research and development, and grant degrees. In a relatively short time, it has earned an excellent reputation in India and abroad for being a center of quality education and research in IT and interdisciplinary areas. Established in 2008, the institute has grown to be recognized as one of the most promising young institutions for education and research in India. Governed by the able leadership of a distinguished Board of Governors and equipped with highly qualified and accomplished faculty members, the institute has, in a short span of time, established a strong research culture, focused research groups, and innovative education programs. The institute is accredited ‘A’ grade by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) and has been accorded 12-B status by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The institute has its permanent campus in Okhla with start of the art infrastructure and modern facilities. The Institute is moving forward as a community and is firmly on the path to, sustainability and transformation, and thus becoming a globally respected and recognized institution. The management is committed to achieving certain goals to create an environment wherein intellectually capable, innovative and entrepreneurial professionals are nurtured and trained to work unceasingly to serve the nation and society.
IHUB ANUBHUTI-IIITD FOUNDATION, hereafter referred as IHUB, is a Section-8, Notfor-profit Company to be created at Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIIT-Delhi) under a National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems (NM-ICPS) of the Government of India. It is a sector-agnostic Technology Innovation Hub in the technology vertical “Cognitive Computing & Social Sensing” to be supported by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), Department of science and Technology (DST), Govt of India for five years, following which it should generate its own revenue to continue with its functions.
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Chief Executive Officer
🏫 JOB PROFILE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for developing strategic plan for the IHUB and achieving well-defined goals to ensure a sustainable IHUB, with support from its Board of Directors, led by the CEO under the overall administrative and financial governance of the Hub Governing Body (HGB).
• Strategize, initiate processes and support system to the faculty, students, research collaborators for their day-to-day research requirements.
• Manage overall operations including research facilities of the IHUB and the coordination of all events, workshops, training programs, etc.
• Enhance visibility of the IHUB and look for possible collaborations, start-ups, companies for the transfer of technologies developed at the Hub at IIIT-Delhi.
• Explore avenues to generate funds in terms of projects, technology transfer, etc. in India and abroad.
• Managing relationship with IIIT-Delhi Faculty and administration.
• Develop strategy plan over next 3-5 years to build a sustainable IHUB; design the business road-map and implement the plan aligned with this strategy and vision; monitor and evaluate milestones; develop a high-performance team.
• Market the Hub by creating visibility, developing unique value propositions and incubating promising technology-based startups in diverse domains.
• Establish innovation ecosystem by interacting, selecting and onboarding a robust group of mentors, investors and business advisors.
• Work closely with faculty and students at IIIT-Delhi to help work towards the defined Vision and Mission of the Hub, by steering their technologies/IPs towards commercialization, by mentoring them and helping them to set up startup ventures.
• Raise and manage funds to ensure financial sustainability of the IHUB; solicit donors, make a pitch to raise funds from corporates (CSR), industry, Government grants, incubator funds, etc.; responsible for financial activities related to budgeting, reporting, audit, compliance with various statutory rules and regulations.
• Manage efficient and seamless operations; define policies and roll-out processes for managing granted projects and incubated startups; define measurable goals; ensure utilizations of operating expenses as per budgets; support team in achieving their
milestones; collaborate and build a high-achieving team; conduct performance reviews of team-members; ensure compliance related to all applicable laws, IP ownerships etc.
• Define, organize and disseminate accurate and timely reports to the Hub Governing Body (HGB) of the IHUB, funding agencies and all other stakeholders.
• Stay updated with the latest developments globally in the core areas of relevance to the IHUB.
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
• Educational qualifications: Graduate and MBA (desirable) with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience: Preferably 10-year experience with at least 3-years managerial experience in translational work of research into product in Industry, association and similar organizations.
• Gravitas and commanding respect, ability to interact comfortably with eminent and senior professors, professionals, students, collaborators, and other stake holders.
• Basic understanding of the concept of incubation, entrepreneurship and innovation; preference to those who have been an active player in the startup ecosystem
• Marketing skills in advertisement, publicity through direct and online modes; Event management capabilities, networking capabilities with diverse stakeholders.
• Strong team-building and people-management skills, with ability to set priorities and manage operations
• Knowledge of stages for start-ups; Government-sponsored funds for start-ups; statutory framework; term sheets, etc.
• Incubation-related research and analytical skills, with preferably knowledge of various industries and emerging technologies
• Experience with interaction with Government agencies
• Strong computer skills, preferably with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Outlook etc.
• Team player and consensus-builder at Board level and across employees; mindset of an institution builder
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE
₹ In the range of INR 25-35 Lakh annual CTC, depending on experience. Initial period of appointment will be 3 years, extendable based on performance
💺 JOB LOCATION
New Delhi, Delhi
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidate may apply on email id firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “Post applied for Chief Executive Officer” or at the postal address given below subscribing on the envelop “Post applied for Chief Executive Officer” so as to reach on or before 4th January 2021, with a resume. Only short-listed candidates shall be called for the further recruitment process. Decision of the management for the shortlisting and selection will be final.
Postal Address for offline application:
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi
G.B. Pant Polytechnic Extension, Okhla Industrial Estate Phase III,
New Delhi – 110020
- The IHUB reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for the further recruitment process to a reasonable limit, on the basis of age, qualification and experience, etc.
- The IHUB also reserves the right of rejecting any or all the applications without assigning any reasons thereof.
- Eligibility of a candidate to the post will not automatically mean that he/she will be shortlisted and called for further recruitment process. No request in this regard will be entertained for review etc.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed for further recruitment process through registered emails only.
- The selected candidate will be expected to join within three months from the date of Offer of Appointment.
- A person working in Govt. Organization/ Autonomous Bodies/ PSUs etc. will be required to produce the No Objection Certificate before the interview or should send his/ her application through proper channel.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date for receiving applications is On or Before 4th January 2021
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
91-11-26907400-7404 (5 lines)
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📰 NEWSPAPER SOURCE / REFERENCE
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Advertisement inviting applications for the CEO position
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.