Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 16-11-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) is dedicated to scientific research and science education of international standards. Traditionally, teaching has been segregated from research in undergraduate science curricula in our country. The IISERs were established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to bridge this dichotomy. IISER TVM was founded in 2008. The institute aims to provide high quality education in modern science, integrating it with outstanding research at the undergraduate level itself, and to develop a spirit of enquiry cutting across disciplines. IISER TVM is an autonomous institution offering a five-year BS-MS programme in addition to iPh.D and Ph.D. programmes in Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and inter-disciplinary areas.IISER TVM operates at Vithura, 40 kilometres from Thiruvananthapuram city, at the foot of the Ponmudi hills. With rich greenery and a spectacular mountain backdrop, this eco-friendly campus enjoys a tranquil environment, ideal for the conduction of research and learning.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram (IISER TVM) invites applications for selection at the Assistant Professor (Grade 1) level from eligible Indian Nationals with outstanding academic achievements, ability to establish a vibrant research programme and passion for teaching. Appointments will be made in the disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, Data Science, Mathematics and Physics.
Due date extended for the post of Assistant Professor Grade I
Due to Covid 19 pandemic, the deadline for submission of applications is extended to 11:59 PM on December 15,2020
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor (Grade 1)
🏫 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Structural biology
- Infectious diseases
- Computational biology
- Metabolism in health and disease
- Human genetics
- Data Science
- Data Science with background in computer science and specialization in:Machine Learning
- Artificial Intelligence
- High Performance Computing
- Databases/Data Mining
- Data Science with background in mathematics/statistics with specialization in applied statistics
- Quantum Technologies
- Fluid Dynamics and Atmospheric Physics
- Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Materials Modelling
- Synthetic Polymer Chemistry
- Magnetic Materials and Transport Properties
- Chemical Biology / Biomaterials
- Atmospheric Chemistry
- Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence / Big data in Chemistry
- Biorganic / Biophysical / Bioinorganic Chemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry
- Statistical Mechanics
- Probability and Applied Probability
- Geometry and Topology & Computational Topology
- Graph Theory and Combinatorics
- Number theory and Cryptography
Notwithstanding the preferred areas listed above, the Institute will be open to select candidates in frontier of areas of Biology, Chemistry, Data Science, Mathematics and Physics only when they are found to be exceptional.
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Ph.D. with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree in the appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout. Three years of Industrial/Research/Teaching experience excluding the duration of Ph.D. Age preferably below 35 years.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE
₹ Grade I Level 12 Cell 1, minimum pay INR 1,01,500 + HRA + travel allowance + pension benefits under New Pension Scheme (NPS) of Govt. of India.
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be submitted online as per the instructions given in the website. Incomplete applications not supported by relevant documents will not be considered. The deadline for submission of applications is extended to 11:59 PM on December 15,2020
- The appointment as Faculty will be governed by NIT (Amendment) Act – 2012 (National Institute Technology Science Education Research (NITSER) Act) and its amendments from time to time and as per the provisions of the IISER Statutes.
- Reservations will be as per the prevailing Government of India norms as applicable to IISERs.
- Candidates working in Government Organizations/Institutions/Universities/Public sector undertakings should submit a no-objection certificate.
- No enquiries of any kind in regard to the selections will be entertained.
- Institute reserves the right to screen and call only those candidates deemed suitable for presentations followed by interviews. The eligibility criteria are only a bare minimum, and mere fulfillment of the same will not entitle any candidate to be called for interview.
- The institute reserves the right not to fill any vacancy advertised without any reason. The decision of the Institute in all matters shall be final and binding. Legal disputes, if any, shall be settled in the Court of Law within the jurisdiction at Thiruvananthapuram.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The deadline for submission of applications is extended to 11:59 PM on December 15,2020
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📧 EMAIL Technical Queries
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.