Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 11-11-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The Indian Institute of Technology Madras is known both nationally and internationally for excellence in technical education, basic and applied research, innovation, entrepreneurship and industrial consultancy. A faculty of international repute, a highly motivated and brilliant student community, excellent technical and supporting staff and an effective administration have all contributed to the pre-eminent status of IIT Madras. The Institute is proud to bear the laureate of being No.1 engineering university in India. More recently, IIT Madras has been given the title of Institute of Eminence.
IIT Madras invites applications from individuals with an established record of independent, high-quality research and commitment to teaching and research for faculty position at the level of
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Associate Professor
🏫 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Aerospace Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Applied Mechanics
- Management Studies
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Basic Qualification and Experience for the posts are given below. Qualification and Experience will be reckoned as on December 10, 2020.
Ph.D., with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree. Specialization in the appropriate area/branch with consistently good academic record throughout. Additional qualifications and specialization areas sought in each department are available at https://facapp.iitm.in as Annexure-1.
Candidates with at least 6 years industrial /research/teaching experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor (Grade-1) / Senior Scientific Officer / Senior Design Engineer. (at AGP 8000 / Pay Level -12 equivalent or higher).
*Candidates should have clear focus in one or more of the listed areas and have aero background as detailed below:
● At least one degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral) in Aerospace Engineering.
● At least 3 years teaching experience in handling undergraduate / graduate level courses related to Aerodynamics / Flight Mechanics / Aircraft Propulsion / Aerospace Structures in an Aerospace Engineering department at an IIT / IIST Trivandrum / reputed university abroad.
● PhD thesis relevant to Aerospace Engineering and awarded by a university without an Aerospace Engineering department.
Humanities & Social Sciences
(i) English (Medical Humanities)
(ii) Sociology (Sociology of Religion)
(iii) Anthropology (Work, body and gender)
(iv) Economics (Energy & Environmental Economics)
(v) Chinese Studies (Constructivism and Political-economy approaches)
(i) Experimental Fluid Mechanics with Heat Transfer Application and Physics Based Modelling.
(ii) Mechanics of Human movement with emphasis on Neural, Cognitive and Behavioural aspects.
Ph.D in Marketing / Sales Management with excellent academic record and experience as per eligibility requirement
Ph.D in Organizational Behaviour with excellent academic record and experience as per eligibility requirement
Biotechnology (i) Theoretical Molecular Biophysics ● PhD in Chemical Sciences
Mathematics Master’s degree in Mathematics and Ph.D. in Mathematics
Chemical Engineering At least one degree in Chemical Engineering. All areas of Chemical Engineering
At least one degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D) in Mechanical Engineering or in allied disciplines of Engineering.
Candidate must have demonstrated the capability in any of the advertised areas through publications in relevant reputed journals and/or awarded patents or products developed.
a) Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. Outstanding candidates with demonstrated excellence in the research area, with basic degree in other allied disciplines would also be considered.
Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering, Pavement Engineering and Management
Metallurgical & Materials Engineering At least one degree (Bachelor/ Master) in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering.
Computer Science & Engineering
● Bachelor’s Degree: Candidates must have an engineering degree in Computer Science and Engineering. Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering (with specialization in Electronics and Communications) or in Electronics and Communications Engineering may also apply if their records clearly demonstrate ability to teach core computer science courses.
● Master’s Degree: Candidates must hold a Master’s degree in engineering from Computer Science/Computer Science and Engineering/Computer Engineering program. [This may be waived if the candidate was admitted to a direct Ph.D. program after the Bachelor’s degree.]
● Ph.D. Degree: Must be in Computer Science / Computer Science and Engineering / Computer Engineering.
(i) Spectroscopic study of semiconductors
(ii) Theory of Quantum Computing and
(iii) Nuclear Matter Theory
(i) Organic Optoelectronic Devices
(ii) Inverse problems in electromagnetics
(iii) Power Electronics and Motor Drives for
High Power, Medium Voltage Applications.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Associate Professor 7th CPC Pay Level 13A2, Minimum Pay: Rs.139600/-
💺 JOB LOCATION
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Applications are to be submitted online through the link for this advertisement at facapp.iitm.ac.in; fillable forms and instructions can be found at the site. A scan of the signed copy of the datasheet has to be uploaded using the online link. In case of any queries regarding the application
submission, please contact:
Chennai 600 036.
The completed application materials should be uploaded on or before December 10, 2020 -5:00PM (IST)
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last date for submission of application forms is December 10, 2020 -5:00PM (IST)
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📰 NEWS PAPER SOURCE / REFERENCES
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Advertisement No. IITM/R/2/2020 Dated November 11, 2020. for the post of Associate Professor
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.