Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 02-11-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indian Institute of Information Technology Guwahati (IIITG) is an institution of National Importance under an Act of Parliament (THE INDIAN INSTITUTES OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (PUBLIC-PRIVATE PARTNERSHIP) ACT, 2017). It offers B.Tech. courses in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) and Computer Science Engineering (CSE), M.Tech. courses in CSE and ECE and runs PhD programmes in ECE, CSE, Mathematics, and Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS). IIITG started operations in August 2013 with B.Tech programmes in CSE and ECE. The first batch of B.Tech. students completed their programme in May 2017. The first convocation of the Institute was held on May 15 2018.The institute has further received funding for infrastructural development and academic improvement under TEQIP III.
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor Grade II
- Assistant Grade I
🏫 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Areas of Specialization for Assistant Professor Grade II and Grade I
- Computer Science and Engineering – all specializations, but following areas are specifically required: AI, Machine Learning, Theoretical CS, High Performance Computing.
- Mathematics – Optimization, Probability
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Assistant Professor Grade II
(1) PhD in an appropriate Discipline (submission of thesis is sufficient, but the appointment will be cancelled if the thesis is rejected), (2) First Class at the degree preceding PhD.
Assistant Grade I
(1) PhD in an appropriate Discipline (submission of thesis is sufficient, but the appointment will be cancelled if the thesis is rejected),
(2) First Class at the degree preceding PhD.
3) three years of experience including equivalent pre-PhD experience as per clause 8
4) Two publications in SCI / SCOPUS indexed journals or refereed conferences after PhD or as part of PhD work, required. Two experiments of computational objects added to teaching laboratories where appropriate.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Assistant Professor Grade II Level 10 70,900.00
- Assistant Grade I Level 12 1,01,500.00
- Every January 1 or July 1, there will be an increment of 3% of the current pay. In the first year, those joining before July 1 will get their first increment on the following January 1.
- Allowances as part of pay: DA – 17% of pay (currently), NE allowance – 10% of pay; Transport Allowance – Rs. 3600/-
- Other major benefits: Medical support (100% out-patient; with limits, for hospitalization), rent-free accommodation on campus
- Increments, up gradations, promotion rules are given below in “Recruitment Rules of Faculty”.
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
- There is no application fee. Candidates will be interviewed through video conferencing (VC). Only Indian Nationals can apply for a regular post. Others can be considered for appointment on contract.
- Reservations will apply as per Govt of India Rules.
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
- Assistant Professor Grade II is initially on Contract for three years. Assistant Professor Grade I has a probation period of one year.
- Minimum qualification is a Ph.D degree. Submission of the PhD thesis is sufficient. Those who are about to submit may also apply. But mere possession of the minimum qualification does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview.
- Persons presently employed in Govt. / Semi-Govt. / PSUs / Autonomous bodies will have to get released by their organization before they can join.
- Incomplete applications, and applications NOT in the prescribed format or without copies of certificates / mark sheets, proof of date of birth, etc. and application not signed (except those sent electronically) may be rejected.
- Send your applications by email or by post. If sending by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, follow the instructions in the application form
- For any other information, please contact email@example.com
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date for receiving applications is On or Before 04th November 2020
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91 – 361 – 2630015 / 2630026
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Faculty Recruitment in CSE & Maths 2020
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.