Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 05-09-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
The University of Delhi is a premier university of the country with a venerable legacy and international acclaim for highest academic standards, diverse educational programmes, distinguished faculty, illustrious alumni, varied co-curricular activities and modern infrastructure. Over the many years of its existence, the University has sustained the highest global standards and best practices in higher education. Its long-term commitment to nation building and unflinching adherence to universal human values are reflected in its motto: ‘Nishtha Dhriti Satyam’ ‘निष्ठा धृति सत्यम्’ (Dedication, Steadfastness and Truth). Established in 1922 as a unitary, teaching and residential University by the Act of the then Central Legislative Assembly, a strong commitment to excellence in teaching, research and social outreach has made the University a role-model and trend setter for other universities. The President of India is the Visitor, the Vice-President is the Chancellor and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India is the Pro-Chancellor of the University. Beginning with three colleges and 750 students, it has grown as one of the largest universities in India with 16 faculties, over 80 academic departments, an equal number of colleges and over seven lakh students. Over 500 programmes offered by the University are approved by Academic and Executive Councils, out of which 209 programmes are being considered for NAAC accreditation purpose. The rest being run in colleges are separately accredited.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for filling-up 28 vacant positions of Guest Faculty for a
fixed duration as prescribed by the University of Delhi
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Guest Faculty
🎯 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Department of Chemistry
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
The qualifications for Guest Faculty will be the same as those prescribed for regular teachers of the
University in UGC’s Regulations, i.e.
- Good academic record as defined by the University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever the grading system is followed) at the Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject (Chemistry) from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET), conducted by UGC or CSIR.*
*Furthermore, kindly refer to General Note at the end of this document
(i) The candidates who have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards & Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations-2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in University/Colleges/Institutes. Provided further, the award of degree to candidates registered for the M.Phil/Ph.D. programme prior to 11th July-2009, shall be governed by the provisions of
the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institutions awarding the degree and the Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutes,
subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:-
(a) Ph.D. Degree of the candidate awarded in regular mode only;
(b) Evaluation of the Ph.D. thesis by at least two external examiners;
(c) Open Ph.D. viva-voce of the candidate had been conducted;
(d) Candidate has published two research papers from/based on his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one must be in a refereed journal;
(e) Candidate has made at least two presentations in conference/seminars, based on his/her Ph.D. work.
Such candidates must upload the NET Exemption certificate signed by a competent authority in place of the NET certificate.
(ii) A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the Graduate and Masters Level for the Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes/Differently-abled (Physically and Visually differently-abled) / Other Backward Classes (OBC – Non-Creamy Layer) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic records during direct recruitment to faculty positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
(iii) A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. Degree-holders, who have obtained their Master’s Degree prior to 19th September-1991.
(iv) Relevant grade, which is regarded as equivalent of 55% wherever the grading system is followed by a recognised University, shall also be considered eligible.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE
₹ The Guest Faculty will be paid an honorarium of Rs. 1500/- per lecture, subject to a maximum of Rs.
50,000/- per month as per the UGC norms (Ref. No. F.25-1/2018(PS/MISC.) dated 28.1.2019)
💺 JOB LOCATION
New Delhi, Delhi
📝 HOW TO APPLY
(i) Online applications may be filled up using the link
(ii) A short CV with the applicant’s passport-sized photograph affixed on it, containing detailed qualifications, experience and published papers, with a signed declaration should be uploaded along with the filled up form.
(iii) All uploaded documents should be self-attested.
- The applications will be screened. Short-listed candidates will only be called for interview. The selection will be based on the performance in Interview + Academic career.
- Selection of the candidates shall be provisional and approval of appointment will be given by the University of Delhi, subject to verification of the antecedents and documents submitted by the candidate.
- Candidates are advised to visit the University website regularly at www.du.ac.in and www.chemistry.du.ac.in to know the date and time of interview or latest information.
- The interview may be in regular mode or online via the Google Meet platform.
- The Department of Chemistry reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without assigning any reason. Any consequential vacancies arising due to not joining of duties by any of the selected candidates or on resignation may also be filled up from the panel of available candidates in the Waiting List.
- In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of the appointment letter, the Department of Chemistry/ University of Delhi reserve the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidate.
- No TA/DA will be paid by the Department for attending the interview
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The applications should reach in the Department latest by Monday, the 7th September 2020.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
91-11-27 662620, 27667881 & 27 667 725
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
- Advertisement for Guest faculty – Department of Chemistry (Dated: 04.09.2020)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.