Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 26-08-2020
🏫 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
🏢 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indian Institute of Technology – Roorkee is among the foremost of institutes of national importance in higher technological education and in engineering, basic and applied research. Since its establishment, the Institute has played an important role in providing the technical manpower and know-how to the country and in pursuit of research. The Institute ranks amongst the simplest technological institutions within the world and has contributed to all or any sectors of technological development. it’s also been considered a trend-setter within the area of education and research within the field of science, technology, and engineering. The Institute had celebrated its Sesquicentennial in October 1996 and now completed quite 170 years of its existence. it had been converted to IIT on September 21, 2001 by an Ordinance issued by the govt of India declared it because the nation’s seventh Indian Institute of Technology, an “Institution of National Importance”. The Institute offers baccalaureate courses in 10 disciplines of Engineering and Architecture and Postgraduate’s Degree in 55 disciplines of Engineering, engineering , Architecture and planning. The Institute has facility for doctoral add all Departments and Research Centres. The Institute admits students to B.Tech. and B.Arch. courses through the Joint entrance exam (JEE) conducted at various centres everywhere India.
Applications are invited from Indian nationals only for project position(s) as per the details given below for the Research project (s) under the Principal Investigator (Prof. Yogendra Singh), Department of Earthquake Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
💼 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Junior Research Fellow
- Senior Research Fellow
📜 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION / TITLE OF THE PROJECT
- Title of project: Next Generation Earthquake Loss Estimation Tool for Hilly Regions (IMP-1298-EQD) Sponsor of the project: Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB), New Delhi
🎯 JOB DESCRIPTION
Job description: Coding for a Software Tool for Seismic Hazard, Vulnerability, and Risk Analysis in Hilly Regions
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
M.Tech in Engineering / Earth Science/Computer Science with experience of Programming in GIS, Python and GIT.
Desirable Qualification: Knowledge of Seismic Hazard Risk Assessment
🏆 PAY SCALE / REMUNERATION / SALARY / EMOLUMENT
- Junior Research Fellow: Rs. 31,000 per month
- Senior Research Fellow : Rs. 35,000/month
📌 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates before applying should ensure that they are eligible for the position. The applications of candidates not having the required qualification will be rejected without any communication.
- Candidates desiring to appear for the Interview should submit their applications with the following documents to the Principal Investigator through email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 5.30 PM on September 21 2020:
- Application in a plain paper with detailed CV including chronological discipline of degree/certificates obtained. Experience including research, industrial field and others.
- Self Attested copies of degree/certificate and experience certificate.
- Preference will be given to SC/ST candidates on equal qualifications and experience.
- Interviews will be held by Web-conferencing. The link for the interview Web-conference will be sent separately to the short-listed candidates.
Tel.01332-285534 Fax: 01332-276899
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
Last Date for Application submission is on or before September 21 2020 5.30 PM
The interview will be held on Sept. 23, 2020, 3.00 PM onwards
📫 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee – Haridwar Highway, Roorkee, Uttarakhand 247667, INDIA
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Advertisement dated August 20, 2020 interview for the position(s) of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) / Senior Research Fellow (SRF) in Dept. of Earthquake Engg. (Last date for application: September 21, 2020 by 05:30 PM, Date and time for online interview: September 23 2020 at 03:00 PM )
Copyrights © 2020 Facultytick
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.