Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 29-07-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Established in 1958, the second of its kind, IIT Bombay was the first to be set up with foreign assistance. The funds from UNESCO came as Roubles from the then Soviet Union. In 1961 Parliament decreed the IITs as ‘Institutes of National Importance’. Since then, IITB has grown from strength to strength to emerge as one of the top technical universities in the world.The institute is recognized worldwide as a leader in the field of engineering education and research. Reputed for the outstanding calibre of students graduating from its undergraduate and postgraduate programmes, the institute attracts the best students from the country for its bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programmes. Research and academic programmes at IIT Bombay are driven by an outstanding faculty, many of whom are reputed for their research contributions internationally.IIT Bombay also builds links with peer universities and institutes, both at the national and the international levels, to enhance research and enrich its educational programmes. The alumni have distinguished themselves through their achievements in and contributions to industry, academics, research, business, government and social domains. The institute continues to work closely with the alumni to enhance its activities through interactions in academic and research programmes as well as to mobilise financial support.
The Indian Institute of Technology Bombay invites applications from outstanding candidates with exceptional record of high-quality research publications, passion and commitment to teaching, for Assistant Professor positions in its various departments, centres, schools and interdisciplinary programs.
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor Grade I
- Assistant Professor Grade II
🏫 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biosciences & Bioengineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Science & Engineering
- Environmental Science & Engineering
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science
- Schools: Shailesh J. Mehta School of Management
- Centres: Industrial Design Centre, Centre for Policy Studies, Centre of Studies in Resources Engineering (CSRE), Centre for Technology Alternatives for Rural Areas (CTARA), Centre for Urban Science & Engineering (CUSE)
- Interdisciplinary Groups: Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, Systems & Control Engineering, Educational Technology, Climate Studies.
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Ph.D with First class or equivalent (in terms of Grades etc.) at the preceding degree and a good academic record throughout.
(Ph.D. is not required for Assistant Professor Grade I position in Industrial Design Centre)
*Foreign national here means a person who does not have either an Indian passport, or a PIO/OCI card. Foreign nationals can be offered contractual appointment for up to five years. The appointment can be renewed thereafter.
A minimum of three years of post Ph.D teaching/research/professional experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D and pre-Ph.D, is required for Assistant Professor Grade I level. Candidate also should have demonstrated research capabilities in terms of publications in reputed journals and conferences.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Assistant Professor Grade I
- Level 12 with a basic pay of Rs. 1,01,500/- per month. On completion of 3 years of service as Assistant Professor Grade I with Academic Level 12, shall move to Academic Level 13A1 with a basic pay of Rs. 1,31,400/- pm.
- Assistant Professor Grade II
- Candidates not eligible for Assistant Professor Grade I may be appointed as Assistant Professor Grade II. At the entry level they may be placed in Academic Level 10 (basic pay of Rs. 84,700/-) and shall move to Academic Level 11after 1 year (basic pay of Rs. 89,900/-) and 2 years (basic pay of Rs. 92,600/-) . After spending 3 years in Academic Level 10 & 11 together, theywill be moved to Assistant Professor Grade I in Academic Level 12.
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
Please write to the respective Heads of Academic Divisions for specific information
The application must be complete with full details of educational qualifications including year of obtaining Ph.D., date of defense and a detailed CV providing list of publications (with reprints of the best papers), teaching/ research/industrial experience, date of birth alongwith the names and contact details of four referees.
Application form material is common for all rolling advertisement for faculty recruitment and post-doctoral fellowships (research staff). The DOC formats must be used for filling the forms. PDF version of the filled application form must be emailed it to the respective Head of the Department.
Please submit the duly filled application form along with a copy of your CV to
Dean (Faculty Affairs)
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai 400076, India
Tel: +91 22 2576 7009
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
This is a rolling advertisement and there is no last date for the applications
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
+91 22 2576 7009
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
Advertisement No. G-1/2020 Rolling advertisement (Date: June 19, 2020)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.