Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 28-07-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view. IGIDR was registered as an autonomous society on November 14, 1986 and as a public trust in January 1987. On December 28, 1987 the campus was inaugurated by Late. Shri Rajiv Gandhi, the then Prime Minister of India. Subsequently, the Institute was recognized as a Deemed University under Section 3 of the UGC Act. Starting as a purely research institution, it rapidly developed into a full-fledged teaching cum research organization when it launched a Ph.D. program in the field of development studies in 1990. The objective of the Ph.D. programme is to produce researchers with diverse disciplinary backgrounds who can address issues of economics, energy and environment policies. In 1995, the institute initiated the M. Phil programme. The M.Sc. programme commenced in 2003 to introduce students to the world of research at an earlier stage. At present the Institute has about 150 employees and students that include about 26 full time faculty members, 24 non-academic staff and about 90 M.Sc./M.Phil/Ph.D students.
The Institute wishes to recruit Assistant Professors / Associate Professors with specialization in: macroeconomics, international economics, energy/environment economics, finance, development economics, industry, agriculture, international trade, labour markets, econometrics and microeconomics.
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Visiting Position
- Associate Professor
- Assistant Professor
🏫 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- International Economics
- Energy/Environment Economics
- Development Economics
- International Trade
- Labour Markets
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
Assistant Professor : Qualifications:
1. One should have a Ph.D., with a very good academic record throughout, with excellent publications.
2. Candidates with at least three years of post-Ph.D. research/teaching experience, may be considered for appointment on a contractual basis with a basic pay mapped at Level 12 Cell No. 1 (INR 1,01,500) and a total gross salary of INR 1,27,179/-(excluding HRA) as per 07th cpc.
3. Candidates with less than three years of post-Ph.D. research/teaching experience may be considered for appointment on a contractual basis. At the entry level they may be placed with a basic pay mapped at Level 10 Cell No. 8 (INR 70,900/-) and a total gross salary of INR 91,377/-(excluding HRA) and shall move after 1 year to Level 11 Cell No. 3 (INR 73,100/-) and a total gross salary of INR 93,951(excluding HRA) as per 7th cpc.
Associate Professor: Qualifications:
1. One should have a Ph.D., with a very good academic record throughout, with excellent publications, and must possess at least six years of research/teaching experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D.
2. Chosen candidates will be placed at an appropriate scale based on their experience, with a basic pay not less than Level 13 A2 Cell No. 1 INR 1,39,600/- and a total gross salary of INR 1,71,756/- (excluding HRA) as per 7th cpc.
Visiting Position: Qualifications:
Those who have submitted their Ph.D. thesis and are awaiting the award of the Ph.D. degree may be considered for visiting appointment on a contractual basis with a consolidated pay of INR 91,377/- (excluding HRA) for a period of 1 year and extendable to a maximum period of 2 years.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE ₹
- Assistant Professor : Contractual basis with a basic pay mapped at Level 12 Cell No. 1 (INR 1,01,500) and a total gross salary of INR 1,27,179/-(excluding HRA) as per 07th cpc.
- Assistant Professor : At the entry level they may be placed with a basic pay mapped at Level 10 Cell No. 8 (INR 70,900/-) and a total gross salary of INR 91,377/-(excluding HRA) and shall move after 1 year to Level 11 Cell No. 3 (INR 73,100/-) and a total gross salary of INR 93,951(excluding HRA) as per 7th cpc.
- Associate Professor: Basic pay not less than Level 13 A2 Cell No. 1 INR 1,39,600/- and a total gross salary of INR 1,71,756/- (excluding HRA) as per 7th cpc.
- Visiting Position: Contractual basis with a consolidated pay of INR 91,377/- (excluding HRA) for a period of 1 year and extendable to a maximum period of 2 years.
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
To apply please fill the online application form, provide three references, and upload the following: (i) a covering letter, (ii) a CV indicating details of educational qualifications, experience and publications, (iii) a passport size colour photograph, and (iv) e-signature. The covering letter should be addressed to
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research,
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Online Application Portal Application Form for Faculty Recruitment Advertisement No. REC/ACAD/2020
- The reservation policy as per Government of India rules will be applicable.
- The Institute provides accommodation on campus, subject to availability. HRA is payable in lieu of campus accommodation as per Institute norms.
- The Institute provides excellent perquisites, like:
(i) Group medical, group term insurance, PF etc, (Not applicable for position 3).
(ii) A three-year block research grant of INR 4 Lakhs, plus an additional INR 1 Lakh for Assistant Professor with less than 3 years of experience.
- Those considered for visiting appointment on contractual basis, are also eligible for block research grant as well as accommodation on campus, subject to availability.
- Mere fulfillment of the qualifications and experience requirement laid down does not entitle a candidate to be shortlisted.
- Candidates shortlisted for the seminars will be reimbursed apex air fare by economy class from the place of their residence and back by the shortest route (Applicable only for domestic).
- The Institute reserves the right to fill or not to fill any or all the posts advertised.
Note: Please note that earlier advertisement stands cancelled. Those who have applied earlier will be subject to terms and conditions as per this revised advertisement.
General Instructions for Online Application Portal
Please read the instructions carefully before you start applying.
- Please disable pop-up blocker of your browser.
- You need to keep logged in into your gmail account in order to apply.
- Please fill the application carefully as only one application per person could be received.
- Please make sure you have all the documents ready with you in appropriate format before you start the application as mentioned below.
- Covering Letter (pdf format)
- Curriculum vitae (pdf format)
- Passport photograph (Scanned image)
- Signature (Scanned image)
- Also note that you are requested to start application in New Incognito Window /Private browsing if you face difficulty while uploading documents.
- Maximum file size for documents to be uploaded is limited to 10MB, please upload documents within that file-size range.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
This is a rolling advertisement and interested applicants are encouraged to apply for positions throughout the year.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
(022) 2840 0919/20/21,28416200
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
FACULTY POSITIONS [Advertisement No.REC/ACAD/2020] 2nd July 2020
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.