Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 13-07-2020
🏢 NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
💼 ABOUT INSTITUTION
Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (KVASU) was established by the Government of Kerala in December 2010 vide Act 3 of 2011 called The Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Act 2010 to further education, research and extension services in the field of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. The territorial jurisdiction of the University extends to the whole of the State of Kerala. The Headquarters of the University is located in the scenic hilly terrain of Pookode, Wayanad, in the State of Kerala, with a land area of approximately 100 acres. Accessibility: By road: From Kozhikode 60 km, along NH 212. Nearest bus stop is Veterinary University bus stop at Pookode. Nearest Railway Station: Kozhikode (60km), Nearest Airport: Calicut International Airport.The University encompasses three faculties- the Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, the Faculty of Dairy Science and the Faculty of Poultry Science; and eight constituent colleges- the College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences at Mannuthy in Thrissur district and Pookode in Wayanad district, the College of Dairy Science and Technology located at Mannuthy, Pookode, Thiruvananthapuram & Kolahalamedu, College of Avian Sciences and Management located at Thiruvazhamkunnu and College of Food Technology at Thumburmuzhy, Thrissur District. Bioscience Research and Training Centre (BRTC) has been set up at Bio 360 Life Science park at Thonnakkal, Thiruvananthapuram.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates belonging to Ezhava/Thiyya/Billava/ Scheduled Caste/Muslim/Latin Catholic/Anglo Indian reservation communities of Kerala State for appointment to the post of Assistant Professor on UGC scale of pay in Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University against the NCA vacancies arose due to the non availability of candidates in previous selection and ranklist.
🎯 DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Assistant Professor
🏫 DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION
- Faculty of Dairy Science & Technology
- Dairy Technology
- Dairy Engineering
- Dairy Microbiology
- Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences
- Veterinary Anatomy
- Veterinary Biochemistry
- Veterinary Clinical Medicine, Ethics& Jurisprudence Dairy Science
- Veterinary & Animal Husbandry Extension
- Livestock Production Management
- Livestock Products Technology
- Veterinary Pathology
- Animal Nutrition
- Veterinary Physiology
- Veterinary Epidemiology &Preventive Medicine
- Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
- Instructional Livestock Farm Complex(ILFC) (Subject: Agronomy)
🎓 QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
- Good academic record as defined by the concerned University with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system followed) at the Masters Degree Level in the relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign University.The relaxation in minimum mark is applicable as per Sec 3.4(1), 3.5 and 3.6 of UGC Regulation 2018 to the eligible candidates.
- The candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR. or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET : Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions:-
a) The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CS1R or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned. Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET. OR The Ph.D degree has been obtained from a foreign university/institution with a ranking among top 500 in the World University Ranking (at any time) by any one of the following: (i) Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) (ii) the Times Higher Education (THE) or (iii) the Academic Ranking of World Universities (AR WU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
- (a) In the Faculty of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, for all the teachers, viz. Assistant Professor, basic Veterinary Degree recognized by the Veterinary Council of India (VCI) and listed in the schedule of Indian Veterinary Council Act (Central Act 52 of 1984) is essential. However, in disciplines like Biotechnology, Biostatistics persons without basic Veterinary Degree can be considered only in the absence of Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry Degree holders. (b) In the faculty of Dairy Science and Technology, for all the teachers, viz., Assistant Professor, basic Degree in Dairy Science /Technology or related Engineering is essential. However, in disciplines like Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Biostatistics, Dairy Husbandry and Computer Application, persons without basic Degree, in Dairy Science and Technology or related Engineering can be considered only in the absence of B.Tech, Dairy Science Degree holders.
🏆 SALARY / REMUNERATION / PAY SCALE
₹ The salary and service conditions shall be as prescribed by the UGC Regulations and Government orders issued from time to time
💺 JOB LOCATION
📝 HOW TO APPLY
The applications in the prescribed form that can be downloaded from the University website: www.kvasu.ac.in should be sent to the Registrar,Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Pookode, Lakkidi P O, Wayanad – 673 576, Kerala along with a copy of the Curriculum Vitae, self attested copies of all the testimonials required as per Eligibility Criteria and Demand Draft for Rs.2000/- (Rs.750/- in the case of applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste/Differently abled) drawn
in favour of “The Finance Officer, KVASU, Pookode” payable at State Bank of India, Kalpetta Branch, Wayanad District, Kerala, towards application fee, in a sealed envelope bearing the superscript: “Application for appointment to the post of Assistant Professor (Here write the name of the discipline applying for and the full address of the applicant with the
contact number so as to reach this office on or before 24.08.2020 3 pm.
📅 IMPORTANT DATE
The last date for receiving applications is On or Before 24.08.2020 3 pm.
📫 CONTACT INFORMATION
📠 PHONE NUMBER
04936 -209220 / 21
📌 ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
📣 OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.