Applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates for the following Positions. Interested Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria may submit their applications in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV / As per the Norms.
FACULTY RECRUITMENT 2020 | FACULTY TICK
Date of Advertisement: 08-05-2020
NAME OF THE INSTITUTION
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. Covering 6.5 million square kilometers of land in 55 countries, the semi-arid tropics is home to over 2 billion people, with 650 million of these being the poorest of the poor. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture. Headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India ICRISAT has two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Planning, designing and execution of laboratory, greenhouse and field experiments in ICRISAT mandate crops under the supervision of the lead scientist
- Management and coordination of day-to-day research activities
- Data collection, and statistical analysis of experimental data
- Maintain and update electronic databases
- Supervision and training of research technicians for data collection and proper maintenance of research experiments
- Assist the scientist in the preparation of technical reports, research articles and other related jobs from time to time.
DESIGNATION / JOB POSITION
- Scientific Officer
DEPARTMENT / DISCIPLINE / SPECIALIZATION / TITLE OF THE PROJECT
- Scientific Officer in Pre-Breeding under the Genetic Gain Program
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENT
- M.Sc. in Plant Breeding and Genetics/ Agricultural Biotechnology/Botany from a reputed university with good academic record.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a research institute, university or private sector company
- Ability to work under field conditions for extended hours
- Good knowledge of data management methods and ability to use spreadsheets (eg., Excel, MS Access) and statistical software
- Candidate having experience in wide hybridization and plant tissue culture techniques will be preferred.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge in data analysis is desirable
- Good team player and adaptable to working in a multicultural team
PAY SCALE / REMUNERATION / SALARY / EMOLUMENT
- As Per Norms
HOW TO APPLY
The is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) position for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position. Applicants should apply on or before 27 May 2020, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
Last Date for Application submission is on or before 27 May 2020
+91 40 30713071
ADDRESS FOR COMMUNICATION
OFFICIAL SOURCE / REFERENCE
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
Get Free Job Alerts in Your Email – Subscribe Now
You will not be charged to receive job alerts in your Email. It’s totally FREE. Why wait subscribe it now.
To get daily free job alert for all Government Teaching jobs, Private Teaching Jobs, Research Jobs, Conference, Workshop, FDP Details in your Email, enter your email below.